Post Prandial Blood Sugar Level

Related Terms: Fasting Blood Sugar Level, Diabetes, Hba1c, Metformin, Blood Sugar Levels, Diabetes Management, Diabetes Medicine

How to bring down my sugar level before embryo transfer?
Query: Hello doctor, I have PCOS. I have undergone IVF egg collection process five months back. One month later, I gained my weight and my blood sugar level increased. We need to do the embryo transfer process, but, our doctor informed that unless and until my blood sugar comes to a normal level, I should...  Read Full »
Dr. Shaikh Sadaf
Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query and from what you have mentioned it appears that your blood sugar is just slightly high. You do not fall into diabetes but you do have a high postprandial blood sugar level. There are ways to lower your blood sugar levels: Tablet Metformin 5...  Read Full »

I have itching of scrotum from two weeks. Please suggest anti-fungal medicines.
Query: Hello doctor, I am experiencing itching of the scrotum, below the scrotum area as well as in the tip of the foreskin. There is a dry and inflamed area on the right scrotum area. There is inflammation of the tip of fore skin. There is inflammation of the area below the scrotum. I am experiencing it...  Read Full »
Dr. Sandeep Golla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your concern may be balanoposthitis. Apply Aloederm gel (Aloe vera and Glycerine) first on the washed and dried affected area. Apply Efficort cream (Hydrocortisone) 0.127 %. Use it until the redness subsides. Apply Eberwin (Eberconazole) 1 % cream at bedtime. Continue...  Read Full »

I have been feeling tired the whole day.I do not really want to do anything and I do not know why.
Query: Hi, I am a 17 year old female. I weigh 110 pounds and I am 5 feet tall. I have been feeling a bit weird lately. I have been feeling tired, like no matter how much sleep I get I still feel so tired. And when I eat any sweets I feel weird. I do not know how to explain it. I feel like my heartbeat ge...  Read Full »
Dr. Divakara P

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. No need to be worried, but yes you need to get evaluated for the cause of your problems, because at the age of 17 tiredness all the day and weakness is not common. Your problems could be due to low hemoglobin, vitamin D or B12 deficiency or due to thyroid problems or di...  Read Full »

My mother's fasting sugar is higher than the post prandial sugar.Why is this happening?
Query: Hello doctor, My mother's fasting sugar is higher than the post prandial sugar (130 and 115 respectively). She had normal diet only. And also, 2 hours after taking 75 grams of glucose, without any work, the sugar level is 260. Why is this happening?  Read Full »
Dr. Kaveri Dandapani
Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Regarding blood sugar levels, if a patient is diabetic and if she is on oral medication for diabetes, the sugar levels can be as have you stated (fasting blood sugar level more than the post prandial blood sugar). This happens because most of the anti-diabetic medicatio...  Read Full »

I have ordered kottakal arya vaidya manasa mitra vatakam. What is the recommended dosage for mild anxiety/tension.
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24 year old male. I have ordered Manasamitra Vatakam. What is the recommended dosage for mild anxiety and tension? Is there any possible side effects? Would you also recommend any mild medicine other than this such as Ashwagandha? If so please tell me dosage and brand name. Also su...  Read Full »
Dr. Airicha Mittal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry, I cannot offer any comment on Manasamitra Vatakam that is prescribed by other doctor. However, for medical problem like mild anxiety and tension, the following medicine is suggested for 15 days. Capsule Tagara (Valeriana wallichi) 250 mg 1 bd. It should be taken ha...  Read Full »

I have a negative serum beta hCG level. Can I still be pregnant?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 40-year-old dental surgeon with no past or present health issues and I am trying to conceive. I have a regular cycle of 28 days and I have consulted a gynaecologist before who has put me on Clomid for three months. I have also taken all the required fertility tests which show n...  Read Full »
Dr. Sravanthi Nuthalapati

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As your serum beta hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) result is also negative it definitely indicates you have not got pregnant in this cycle. The symptoms you have mentioned could also be possible because of the progesterone hormone secretion in the postovulatory...  Read Full »

What is your opinion regarding my diabetes treatment?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 45 years old. I have been suffering from diabetes for the last 10 years. Initially, I was on Metformin 500 mg plus Glimepiride 1 mg twice daily. For the last two years, I am taking Metformin 500 plus Glimepiride 2 mg plus Voglison 0.2 twice a day. But, currently, my sugar level is h...  Read Full »
Dr. Krutika Ingle Karandikar
Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. To actually advise a change in your medications, I would require you to follow up with me with your blood sugar levels again. I hope your doctor has informed you about the side effects of Pioglitazone. I am not comfortable with using it, so I would like to suggest a diffe...  Read Full »

Why is the rash on my genitals not getting cured even after taking Fluconazole?
Query: Hi doctor,I have a rash on my genitals from a month. So, I went to a venereologist, who told me to take Fluconazole, one tablet for two weeks. As you can see by the photos attached, the rash is still the same even after a month. Please help me diagnose and treat my rashes.  Read Full »
Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the rash pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It looks like balanitis, which can be due to fungal infection or bacterial infection. The medications given to you were correct. I suggest you try applying Fusidic acid 2 % cream, Miconazole...  Read Full »

How can we manage diabetes with proper drug and diet?
Query: Hi doctor, I am diabetic for past four years. I am taking Tablet Glynase MF for diabetes. My FBS is 200 mg/dL, PPBS is 300 mg/dL and Hba1c is 8 %. Kindly provide proper drug and diet for managing blood sugar.  Read Full »
Dr. Surbhi Agrawal
Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Follow the diabetic diet and exercise daily for at least 30 minutes. Here is a sample diet to help you understand the diet. Early Morning: Green tea (sugarless), Breakfast: Nonfried preparations or whole wheat bread or vegetable poha, upma, idli sambhar. Mid-Mo...  Read Full »

I am trying to conceive after my baby died soon after birth, 10 months back. Please help.
Query: Hello doctor, Last year, I gave birth to a baby boy, who died soon after birth. I am trying to conceive again, and I realized that my menstrual cycle has changed from being 28 days. Every month I tried to track my ovulation, but nothing happens. I do not know if you can help, but when I press my bre...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? Sorry to hear about your previous loss. You are well within the age to have the next baby. But before you start trying, I would suggest you get evaluated why the baby died last time. Periods date plus and minus seven days is normal, so I feel your peri...  Read Full »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Post Prandial Blood Sugar Level? We have medical experts to help you right away.