Posture And Balance

Related Terms: Dizziness, Headache, Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo, Physiotherapy, Proper Posture, Vertigo, Neck Stiffness

When should I do rehabilitation exercise after hip bursectomy?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 32 year old woman. I am overweight, but definitely on a diet. I had my right bursa removed before three months and then the left bursa was removed last month. The physiotherapist came around the first time and said that there was no need for physiotherapy. I took it upon myself to...  Read Full »
Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Normally, bursa is a structure that help in easy frictionless movement. Hence, after their removal, all exercises have to be aimed at restoration of posture and balance, stretching of the hip abductor muscles and subsequent strengthening of the hip musculature along with...  Read Full »

What Causes Vertigo?
Article Overview: This article discusses vertigo, a sensation of spinning, dizziness, unsteadiness, and lightheadedness.  Read Article »
Dr. A.k.srivastava

Dizziness, unsteadiness, lightheadedness are symptoms expressed by the patient. But all these indicate that the patient is having a problem of balancing. Balancing is the outcome of a reflex mechanism where vestibule of ear, eyes and sensory receptors of joints and muscles send sensory impulses to t ...  Read Article »

What is MSA? Why am I examined for it?
Query: Hi doctor, I have balancing problem. I have low blood pressure in change of posture. I am on Midodrine. During a neurological examination, I was asked to tap my toes.  Every time when I did that my heel involuntarily tapped several times. What is the reason? I am being examined for possible MSA.  Read Full »
Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have thoroughly gone through your case and can well understand your genuine health concerns.  Read Full »

Why does my sacrum not stay in place?
Query: Hello doctor, I have to pop my sacrum every day for my hips to feel good. I do this by putting a pillow in between my legs and squeezing my glutes as hard as I can. My question is why does the sacrum not stay in place? What can I do to make it stay in place?  Read Full »
Dr. Sreenivasa Rao
Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query. There are many reasons for sacrum not getting in its position. Mainly posture as faulty posture while sitting, standing, even lying can lead to malalignment of sacrifice iliac joint. Again faulty or improper firing of gluteus and piriformis muscles...  Read Full »

I can walk fast but if I slow down I lose balance. Please advice.
Query: Hello doctor,I am 70 years old, male. I was in good health, hiked, exercised, ate right. My weight is 175 lb and I am 5'9. A few months ago, I experienced intense vertigo and severe nausea. I was hospitalized for 15+ days where I was tested for meningitis (came back negative), tick born illnesses (n...  Read Full »
Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read carefully your question and would explain that your symptoms could be related to an inner ear disorder. Have you been checked by an ENT specialist? Have you performed any labyrinthine tests? Coming to this point, I would recommend avoiding abrupt head movemen...  Read Full »

What can cause swaying sensation, lightheadedness, and loss of balance?
Query: Hello doctor,I am feeling lightheaded, dizzy, and off balance. There is pressure at the top of my head and back down to my neck. When lying down, there is a swaying sensation to the left side. There is ringing in my left ear. Also, a cracking noise when swallowing and fullness in the left ear. I hav...  Read Full »
Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal
Audiologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are having positional vertigo. Your reports also suggest the same (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You should take anti-vertigo medicines and do maneuvers for vertigo relief. Please tell me if you have a history of frequent nasal or throat infec...  Read Full »

How accurate is the lever test in diagnosing ACL injury?
Query: Hello doctor, How accurate in your opinion is the Lelli ACL (Lever test)? I am almost three months post-op of having my ACL reconstructed along with a few lesions addressed during the surgery. I am concerned I have ruptured my ACL again after feeling a short sharp pain when turning in the sand...  Read Full »
Dr. Sreenivasa Rao
Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read through the concern. The Lelli test is accurate in diagnosing acute on chronic ACL tears, more sensitive than many other traditional tests performed in an acute condition, especially partial and acute tears. Do not be afraid. Keep calm. Take precautions...  Read Full »

Kindly give some suggestion for twisted sacrum and dextroscoliosis.
Query: Hi doctor, My left side back has been a problem for many years. My sacrum moves posterior with activity. Kindly give some suggestions for twisted sacrum and 12 degrees dextroscoliosis. What muscle groups need to be focused upon?  Read Full »
Dr. Shakti Mishra
Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Dextroscoliosis is the right side torsion of your spine. In your case, it is with the involvement of the sacrum. In this case, the erector spinae muscle, latissimus dorsi, gluteus muscle, piriformis muscles, along with some amount of hamstring stretch need to be checked r...  Read Full »

My son is losing his ability to walk. Please help.
Query: Hi doctor, My son is a month away from 3 years old. Approximately 3 months ago, he started to lose the ability to walk. He is not able to stand up with making a tripod position. His balance is extremely unstable and his grip in his hands has diminished that he is not able to hold a crayon. When he d...  Read Full »
Geriatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. I am sorry to inform you that the things need to be taken care as soon as possible. There is a possibility of leukodystrophy (abnormal gene affects the white matter of the brain) due to some aberrant genes or metabolic abno...  Read Full »

Vertigo: Symptoms, Causes and Treatment
Article Overview: Vertigo is a sensation of dizziness or a feeling of being off-balance. It is caused by a variety of conditions.  Read Article »
Dr. Manu Wilfred

When a patient has vertigo, he may use different terms to describe his sensations like dizziness, feeling faint, head spinning, giddiness, or unsteadiness of gait. Usually, a careful history can differentiate between these symptoms. It is important to distinguish between presyncope (fainting) and ve ...  Read Article »

Do you have a question on Posture And Balance? We have medical experts to help you right away.