Prednisolone

Related Terms: Prednisone., Allergy, Levocetirizine, Montelukast, Corticosteroids, Skin Rashes, Cough

Can I take Prednisolone for asthma?
Query: Hi doctor, I have recently been diagnosed with sever adult asthma. I am waiting for my allergy assessment. I am on Singulair, Nebulizer four times a day (helps for an hour or so), three inhalers and nothing works. The only thing that makes me feel normal is Prednisolone. What can I do? I know I cann...  Read Full »
Dr. Ganeshkumar Suresh Satpute

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.The thing is it takes one to two months to stabilize asthma in the case of taking inhaled steroids.Please confirm whether your inhaled drugs contains Fluticasone or Beclomethasone as these are inhaled steroids for asthma.I suggest you Prednisolone 40 mg once a day for a wee...  Read Full »

Is Prednicort a good medicine for arthritis pain?
Query: Hello doctor,I want an opinion for my mother. My mother has been feeling arthritis pain since last few years. Recently, I have read somewhere about a medicine name Prednicort (5 mg) which is specially used for asthma disease. But, I have read that this medicine is also helpful for arthritis pain. Is...  Read Full »
Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Prednicort (Prednisolone) is a steroid which is good as an anti-inflammatory and painkiller in arthritis but has very serious adverse effects in the long term such as osteoporosis, gastritis, hypertension, and elevated blood sugar levels. Is she diagnosed with rheum...  Read Full »

Are Wysolone, HCQS, Saaz and Shelcal safe during pregnancy?
Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 26 years old and she is suffering from rheumatoid arthritis for the past one year. Now, she is pregnant. Her tablet pattern is Wysolone 2.5 mg in alternative days, HCQS 0-0-1, Saaz 1-1-1 and Shelcal 0-0-1. The lab tests performed were ANA 1+, RA factor less than 20. Are the...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. HCQS (Hydroxychloroquine sulfate), Prednisolone (Wysolone), Shelcal (Calcium carbonate and Vitamin D3) are relatively safe in pregnancy and your doctor will stop Saaz (Sulfasalazine) and if possible, Wysolone too. For more information consult a rheumatologist online --...  Read Full »

What can be done to cure external pile?
Query: Hi doctor, I have an external pile for the past four days. I use Ibuprofen for pain and also use a tube of Scheriproct. There has been no improvement in four days. Should I get worried or does it take time to clear?  Read Full »
Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you are using Sheriproct (Prednisolone), there should be at least some improvement because it contains a steroid and it helps clear up the piles within seven days. I hope you are using it correctly. I hate to tell you this but if there is no improvement with topical ...  Read Full »

Is it advisable to take Omnacortil for acne?
Query: Hi doctor, I have been on Isotretinoin for over a year. My acne is getting worse. Now, I am taking Omnacortil 20 mg. Is it safe to take? Please let me know.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would suggest you not to take Omnacortil (Prednisolone) by its own; because once you stop taking this your acne will flare up. It is better to take this medicine under the supervision of a dermatologist. Yes, it is true that Omnacortil can be taken for short duration i...  Read Full »

Had a sudden onset of AIHA. Please explain the relapse with AIHA.
Query: Hi doctor, I am 20 years old. I had a sudden onset of AIHA. At first, I had no response to steroid therapy, and after a week, I came back to normal. I want to know about the relapse with AIHA.  Read Full »
Dr. Girish C Kamat
Hematologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Approximately 80 % of patients respond to corticosteroids at a dose equivalent to Prednisolone 60 to 100 mg per day and nearly two-thirds achieve complete remission (CR). The initial response takes several weeks. But an absence of a response for 21 days is considered as...  Read Full »

I have shingles and taking Acyclovir. Can I travel?
Query: Hello doctor,I am a patient, age 30, with Crohn’s disease. I take Humira and recently had a flare up, thus started a round of Prednisone to get through the flare-up. The combination of Humira and Prednisone has resulted in shingles. I saw a dermatologist who prescribed Acyclovir. I was six days in...  Read Full »
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.I went through your post. Shingles involve a single dermatome. So, it is unlikely going to spread and will heal completely in two weeks. Prednisolone is a steroid and can cause reactivation of Shingles. So you need to take Acyclovir at least for one week and continue Pre...  Read Full »

I have eye redness, discharge, and dry eyes. What should I do?
Query: Hello doctor, I was prescribed Pred Forte (four times a day for 15 days), Gatifloxacin (three times a day for seven days), and Lubistar eye drops for eye redness, discharge, and dry eyes. I completed the dosage. Now, after three days of dose completion, my eyes are worse than before. The white part...  Read Full »
Dr. Manjunath Natarajan
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The fact that your eyelids get stuck together on waking up in the morning suggests that you are having infective conjunctivitis. Although Pred Forte (Prednisolone) would have helped earlier on, it is now likely to worsen the condition. I recommend that you re-visit ...  Read Full »

What is the best treatment for Burkitt's lymphoma?
Query: Hi doctor, My 60 year old uncle is diagnosed with Burkitt's lymphoma. His report says MYC-IGH fusion signal was detected in 45 % of the cells. The sample is positive for t(8;14). Could you please suggest whether it is curable and if it is curable then what is the best treatment?  Read Full »
Dr. Smit Uttam Janrao

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. He needs to be admitted urgently to a tertiary care hospital where specialists such as hematologist, oncologist, etc. will be available. An early initiation of chemotherapy with R-CHOP (Rituximab, Cyclophosphamide, Hydroxy daunomycin, Oncovin, Prednisolone) regimen or ...  Read Full »

What are the reasons for sudden eye swelling?
Query: Hi doctor, I have allergies and normally it presents with runny nose and itchy eyes. So, I have been rubbing my eyes. Today, there is a sudden onset of swelling of the eye. It keeps spreading from the left corner of my eye to below and above the orbital area of my left eye. I have red conjunctiva. I...  Read Full »
Dr. Anand
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the pictures of your eyes (attachment removed to protect patient identity). As you mentioned it looks like acute allergic reaction. Continue the same medicines, Zyrtec (Cetirizine) twice a day and Prednisolone eye drops 2 hourly. It will resolve in a ...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Prednisolone? We have medical experts to help you right away.