Medical Advice on "Pregnancy"

Pregnancy weight gain is crucial, not only to provide sufficient nourishment to the baby but also to accumulate adequate reserves for breastfeeding … View thread »

This tool also gives an idea as to how many weeks are yet to be completed for the infant. Isn't it a great tool … View thread »

An initially positive pregnancy test that later becomes negative can happen with very early miscarriages. Such miscarriages can occur with little or no initial blood loss. These are termed chemical pregnancies, as they are lost before they attach to the womb and … View thread »

If you had sex on the 33rd day, then the test will not come positive so early even if you have conceived. It takes around two weeks to come positive. Although the chances are very less, you should rule out pregnancy. Do a test around 47th day. Amenorrhea can be … View thread »

I understand your concern. I see two problems in your history. Let me tell you the reason and solution. Birth control pills come in a pack of 21 or 21 active plus seven dummy pills, or the single dose of an emergency contraceptive pill. Whichever you take, will … View thread »

In your case, if pregnancy test has been negative, even till date, then you are surely not pregnant. The delay and irregularity need to be evaluated and investigated to rule out PCOS (polycystic ovarian disease), hypothyroidism or hyperprolactinemia, which are the most … View thread »

This is a threatened miscarriage as it would be termed medically as the pregnancy test is positive. But, ultrasound is not contraindicated as it is necessary to localize the pregnancy and rule out ectopic pregnancy as well which can have similar presentation with … View thread »

As the pregnancy tests were negative even after eight days post missed menses, it ensures that you are not pregnant. The symptoms you had were common PMS symptoms (premenstrual syndrome), which subsides slowly once the menses start. There is a possibility that … View thread »

You have already taken all the tablets, but unfortunately you have taken it wrongly. The second dose of 2 tablets of Misoprostol were to be taken after 36 hours and not before. The remaining two should have taken after 6 hours of the previous 2. Now you must wait for … View thread »

... a baby? This tool will help you know when to take the pregnancy test at home ... … View thread »

Do you have a question on Pregnancy? We have medical experts to help you right away.