Pregnancy Complications

Related Terms: Pregnancy, Diabetes Mellitus, Diabetes, Diabetes Management, High Risk Pregnancy, Diabetes Complications, Pregnancy Diabetes

We are scared about twin pregnancy complications. Please advise.
Query: Hi doctor, My sister-in-law is 3 months pregnant. Three days ago, during her antenatal scan, we came to know that it is a monozygotic twin pregnancy. We have a few questions. How to know that it is not a conjoined twin? I have attached the scan reports. Please let us know whether the growth is fine....  Read Full »
Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, my hearty congratulations for twin pregnancy. I have gone through the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and they are perfectly fine. There are no signs of conjoined twins. NT (nuchal translucency) is normal and both nasal bones are seen. He...  Read Full »

Could my negative blood group cause any pregnancy complication?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 3 months pregnant. My blood group is O negative. Will I face any complication during pregnancy due to my negative blood group? I consulted with my doctor, and she told me to take Fertigyn 5000 injection once a week for four weeks. Is it safe? Will it make me get a normal delivery ...  Read Full »
Dr. Aishwarya Parthasarathy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. When there is a negative blood group, there will be attacking agents for positive blood group in your blood called antibodies. In case your partner is positive, then there are chances of your baby being positive. The first child usually escapes, and in the case o...  Read Full »

Negative Blood Group and Pregnancy Rh Incompatibility
Article Overview: This article gives a brief knowledge about Rh negative blood group and pregnancy complications, and preventions in simple terms.  Read Article »
Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

What Is Rh Factor? There are mainly four blood groups, namely A, B, O, and AB. There is a subtype of each as positive and negative blood groups, namely A +ve, A -ve, B +ve, B -ve, etc. The subtype gets decided by the Rh factor (rhesus), an antigen present on the red blood cells. When it is present, ...  Read Article »

Intermenstrual Bleeding or Spotting - Is it Normal or Should I be Worried?
Article Overview: Intermenstrual vaginal bleeding or spotting or bleeding between periods is considered abnormal and may usually require a patient seeing a doctor. It is also termed metrorrhagia. Normally, a woman has a regular menstrual cycle of 28 days with ranges between 21-35 days considered normal and menses can last for 2-7 days. Any bleeding out of these are considered abnormal.  Read Article »
Dr. Nsah Bernard

Causes of Intermenstrual bleeding: Intermenstrual bleeding or bleeding between periods can be caused by a vast number of factors which may be physical or organic and psychosocial. If you are experiencing intermenstrual bleeding, then your doctor maybe a able to rule out one of the below most probab ...  Read Article »

Ectopic Pregnancy
Article Overview: In an ectopic pregnancy, the fertilized egg gets attached anywhere outside the uterus. Ectopic pregnancies are very common and occur in about 1 in every 50 pregnancies. It is a medical emergency and if left untreated, can also be fatal.  Read Article »
Dr. K Sneha

What is an Ectopic Pregnancy? Fertilization of the ovum by sperm takes place in the fallopian tubes. After fertilization, the fertilized egg travels through the fallopian tube to the uterus. Normally, this embryo gets attached to the wall of the uterus and develops. In an ectopic pregnancy, the fer ...  Read Article »

Which specialist would perform surgery of a galactocele?
Query: Hello doctor,My wife stopped breastfeeding our third child five months ago, after a lot of sucking difficulties and painful nipples. Because of that, her breasts plugged and did not empty properly. She has tried breast pump without any luck. She has now developed painful galactoceles on both her br...  Read Full »
Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. A galactocele is a milk filled space inside the breast. Breast problems are common after childbirth in those women who had stopped breastfeeding or experienced sucking difficulties. Firstly, I hope you are sure that it is truly a galactocele and not any other ...  Read Full »

Will irregular period affect my fertility?
Query: Hi doctor,I am having irregular periods since six months. My age is 25. My period lasts for only one or two days with brown blood discharge. My weight is 100 kg and height is 5'6".  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. All these problems of periods are due to overweight. Your expected weight is around 55 kg to 60 kg. It is easy to say just to reduce. But, it is quite impossible to reduce so much. Please put some effort to do it for at least 2 to 5 kg per month. It is a start. Re...  Read Full »

Menstrual Disorders in Adolescent Girls
Article Overview: In this article, I have discussed the most common menstrual problems faced by girls in their adolescence and the method of diagnosis of the same.  Read Article »
Dr. Ashwini Nanasaheb Talpe

Menstrual problems are common during adolescence due to slow maturation of the system situated in the brain called hypothalamo-pituitary axis. The hypothalamo-pituitary axis is the mediator of the menstrual cycle. The failure of this system may lead to variations in the menstrual cycle. It can last ...  Read Article »

Hemoglobin is at 9.8 g/dL at 37 weeks of pregnancy. Kindly advice what is to be done.
Query: Hi doctor, My wife is 37 weeks pregnant and the delivery date given by the doctor is 28th of this month. Two months ago, her hemoglobin was 8.9 g/dL and serum ferritin 36.44 ng/mL. The doctor advised drips with Venofer injections. Four drips (100 ml with two Venofer injections each) have been given...  Read Full »
Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hemoglobin is 9.8 g/dL. That is less for the third trimester. But, this is the corrected one, previously it was much lower. In delivery, there is a chance of bleeding, changes in clotting factors and hormonal changes at delivery which can cause more bleeding, diffic...  Read Full »

Why is there ankle edema even after delivery in a heart failure patient?
Query: Hello doctor,My daughter was pregnant and had extreme edema. The doctors said it was normal. As it turned out she was sent by ambulance to another hospital as she went into heart failure, her BNP levels were extremely high and the baby had to be induced. She is now back to her original hospital. The...  Read Full »
Dr. Vivek Pillai

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If the BNP (B-type natriuretic peptide) levels were high, it is probably due to heart failure as you said. For the ankle edema, she needs to be given diuretics (drugs which decrease waterlogging) in the body and fluid restriction should be adhered to. Daily intake shoul...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Pregnancy Complications? We have medical experts to help you right away.