Pregnancy Health

Related Terms: Pregnancy, Conception And Pregnancy, Folic Acid, Beta Hcg, Miscarriage, Pregnancy Complications, Ovulation

What Exactly Is Epilepsy?
Article Overview: We all are familiar with the term epilepsy, and always associate it with fits or seizures. But, there is more to it. So, what is it precisely? Read on to know.  Read Article »
Dr. Vasantha K S

Epilepsy is a group of neurological disorders in which there are abnormal electrical activities in the brain causing a brief disruption in the communication system of the brain cells. Epilepsy has trademark symptoms of seizures. A seizure is a sudden rise in electrical activity of the brain. It can ...  Read Article »

Common Fears of a Mom-To-Be
Article Overview: Once you realize you are pregnant, you want to ensure your baby gets only the best. You leave no stone unturned to verify the facts you come across. This article deals with common apprehensions that might cross the minds of newly-pregnant moms.  Read Article »
Dr. Vasantha K S

When you first find out you are pregnant, at first, there is excitement. But after the news has slowly sunk in, many emotions such as worries, fears, and concerns take over right away. Am I eating right? Is the baby healthy? There are just too many questions running in your mind. We have set the fac ...  Read Article »

NT scan shows placenta is fundo posterior lower edge reaching internal os. Can I travel?
Query: Hi doctor, Our 12 weeks NT scan indicates developing placenta is fundo posterior lower edge reaching internal OS. The doctor advised 30 days complete bed rest. I need your opinion on the same case and also doing an ultrasound scan after two weeks. This scan was done 10 days back and since then I am...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. At 12 weeks gestation with placenta fundo-posterior with lower edge reaching internal is a fairly acceptable finding for early pregnancy. It does not really call for bed rest if there has been no episode of any bleeding per vaginum. The safest distance of placenta is...  Read Full »

How does severe endometriosis affect pregnancy?
Query: Hello doctor,My wife has severe endometriosis as well as several other pre-existing conditions. She was recently approved for Zoladex to treat the endometriosis. She is supposed to have her first injection in the next few days. Today we were in the emergency room. She was slightly tachycardic as wel...  Read Full »
Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Her menstrual, obstetrics, gynecological, medical, surgical, and drug history also should be described here to make things more clear. Her MRI or ultrasound report would be helpful for me to explain better. Zoladex is Goserelin acetate, that is, luteinizing hormone ...  Read Full »

I just found out I am pregnant. Is there any risk of malformation from Minoxidil?
Query: Hi doctor,I am 28 year old female who is overweight. I have been using Minoxidil 5 % topical solution for alopecia areata on the scalp. I just found out my urine pregnancy test is positive. Now I have stopped using it. I might be in the early weeks of pregnancy. Should I be worried about the fetus? ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Truly speaking, there is no much data available on this. So, it is not possible to say convincingly anything. It basically falls in category C meaning, no human studies are available but animal studies have shown some adverse effects. This is for oral consumption an...  Read Full »

Is there a specific A1C number I should aim for before trying to get pregnant?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 26 years old and have been a type-1 diabetic for 24 years. I am considering getting pregnant. Is there a specific A1C number I should aim for before trying to get pregnant? Aside from having a great A1C and taking prenatal vitamins, is there anything else I should be doing to pre...  Read Full »
Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. A diabetic patient like you should have preconception counseling regarding your sugar levels, HbA1c as for conception you need to have your HbA1c below 48 mmol/mol or 6.1 %. Even HbA1C level above 86 mmol/mol or 10 % is strongly against pregnancy. So, try to avoid i...  Read Full »

We are scared about twin pregnancy complications. Please advise.
Query: Hi doctor, My sister-in-law is 3 months pregnant. Three days ago, during her antenatal scan, we came to know that it is a monozygotic twin pregnancy. We have a few questions. How to know that it is not a conjoined twin? I have attached the scan reports. Please let us know whether the growth is fine....  Read Full »
Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, my hearty congratulations for twin pregnancy. I have gone through the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and they are perfectly fine. There are no signs of conjoined twins. NT (nuchal translucency) is normal and both nasal bones are seen. He...  Read Full »

What diet should I follow during pregnancy to prevent Down's syndrome?
Query: Hi doctor, During my previous pregnancy last year, due to a Down syndrome issue, the baby's brain was not formed properly. This was detected at the end of the fourth month. At that time, I did not go for a TORCH test. Now, I am pregnant again. At the third week check up, he did a TORCH test. IgG an...  Read Full »
Dr. Deepti Verma
Fetal Medicine Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and understand the concerns. You having a history, of the brain of the baby not forming properly due to Down Syndrome in the last pregnancy, is not an indication for getting a TORCH (toxoplasmosis, rubella cytomegalovirus, herpes simplex...  Read Full »

Why has my belly button popped out after pregnancy?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a mother of two children. After my delivery, my navel has popped out and it has remained so even now. Please suggest some ways to get back my usual naval shape.  Read Full »
Dr. Vidya

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sometimes, after childbirth, the rectum sheath and the muscles go weak and lead to a hernia. So, what you have may be an umbilical hernia. It will increase on coughing. It has to be checked by a surgeon. If it is a hernia, it can be treated surgically and the navel wi...  Read Full »

Is it normal to have breast pain during pregnancy?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 25 years old. I am three months pregnant. I am having breast pain, for which my doctor prescribed Pregcert 200 SR and Duphaston 10 mg. Is it necessary to take this? Is not breast pain normal during the first trimester of pregnancy?  Read Full »
Dr. Sweta Singh

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, breast pain is quite normal in the first trimester. If u do not want to take too many medications, talk to your doctor about stopping these. What will help you is a support brassiere. Get one with a good fit and observe how you feel. It should neither be too tigh...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Pregnancy Health? We have medical experts to help you right away.