Prevent Hair Loss

Related Terms: Hair Loss, Hairfall, Minoxidil, Control Hair Loss, Protein Rich Diet, Causes For Hair Fall, Hair Care

Hair Care Through Ayurveda
Article Overview: Ayurveda does miracles in hair fall, and in maintenance of healthy hair and scalp. This article discusses the causes for hair fall and the steps to prevent loss of hair.  Read Article »
Dr. Revathi Sundaramurthy

Normal and Abnormal Hair Fall If there is a fall of more than 100 hair strands per day, it is considered as abnormal hair fall, less than that is considered as normal. However, there will be a fall of more than 200-250 hair strands after shampooing which is absolutely normal. Causes for Hair Fall ...  Read Article »

Minoxidil - A Commonly Used Drug for Hair Fall
Article Overview: This article discuses the mechanism of action, uses, side effects and precautions of Minoxidil.  Read Article »

Overview of Minoxidil Minoxidil is the only drug, which has received FDA (The Food and Drug Administration - United States Department of Health and Human Services responsible for protecting and promoting public health) approval with proven biological actions in enhancing the esthetic appearance (ha ...  Read Article »

How to Prevent Hair Damage
Article Overview: Beautiful, shiny, healthy hair is every woman's dream. But, in order to make hair attractive, we often do things which, in turn, cause damage to the hair. Damaged hair is fragile, giving a frizzy unhealthy appearance. If further same thing is continued, it can lead to hair loss and bald spots. But, a little care can prevent further damage. These are some tips to prevent hair damage.  Read Article »
Dr. Sreelakshmi S

Hair is a non-living, filamentous biomaterial consisting mainly of proteins, in particular, keratin. For this reason, once hair is damaged, it cannot heal by itself except by new hair growth at the scalp. Women need to understand that the very things that they do to hair to make it appear beautiful, ...  Read Article »

I have very thin and short hair. Please help.
Query: Hello doctor, I am 20 years old, and I have very thin and short hair. I want to grow hair to cover my forehead. I am not able to make any hairstyle because of less hair. Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Short and thin hair might have many reasons, some common causes are the nutritional deficiency, hormonal disturbance, stress, unhealthy lifestyle, and hereditary. Try the following things for hair growth. Add foods like dates, raisins, fig, curry leaves, spinach, and f...  Read Full »

I have receding hairline after using Rogaine. Can I stop using it?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 22 year old man who has been using Rogaine for a week. Then I have read a lot of terrifying forums about initial shedding etc. I want to stop it immediately, but have my hair become dependent? If I stop now, will my hair regrow that have been lost because of Rogaine?  Read Full »
Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. At what concentration are you using Rogaine (Minoxidil)? Please do send me the good quality photographs of your problem. Revert back with the photographs to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist  Read Full »

Can thyroid problem cause excessive hair fall?
Query: Hi doctor, I have thyroid issues for the past three years. I got this when I was pregnant. I am taking Thyronorm 75 mcg tablet for the last three months. Recently, I have done the thyroid test and my T3 and T4 are normal and TSH is very low. It shows less than 0.01. What does it indicate? First, I w...  Read Full »
Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This appears to be due to over treatment or iatrogenic hyperthyroidism. Here is a list of symptoms experienced due to over treatment. They are tachycardia, palpitations, nervousness, tiredness, headache, excitability, sleeplessness, tremors, anxiety and heat intolerance. ...  Read Full »

Please suggest some ayurvedic remedy for dandruff and hair fall.
Query: Hello doctor, I am 20 years old and I have dandruff on the scalp. I also suffer from too much hair fall. Please suggest some ayurvedic remedy.  Read Full »
Dr. Ramya Marattil

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Nowadays,hair fall is a common problem. We should give an attention to this, as the causes may differ from person to person. Usually it is due to dandruff, stress conditions, malnutrition, etc. Daily hair fall of about 100 strands of hair is normal. If it is more than tha...  Read Full »

Can you tell me the cause of my severe hair fall?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 29 year old female. I have severe hair fall. I take multivitamins and iron pills daily for iron deficiency. I have tried biotin, expensive shampoos, conditioners, leave-in conditioner, etc. Nothing seems to be working. I wash my hair every other day because it tends to get very...  Read Full »
Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Excessive hair fall can be due to male or female pattern baldness, physical illness or mental stress in the past three to six months, low serum ferritin, nutritional deficiency, certain medical conditions like thyroid problems and other hormonal disorders, after cosmetic ...  Read Full »

Please give me a solution for extreme hair loss.
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 19 year old boy with extreme hair loss. Even at this age, my scalp is clearly visible. I tend to lose around 100 strands of hair daily. Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Sudhir Kumar N

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. A person normally will lose 100 strands of hair daily. The problem of hair fall arises if the person loses more than 100 strands of hair which tends to make a visible scalp leading to androgenetic alopecia or male pattern baldness. The main culprit is the DHT-dihydrote...  Read Full »

Routine Hair Care and Common Hair Problems
Article Overview: This article will tell you about proper hair care. And answer questions like, how much hair is lost daily? Will dandruff lead to hair loss? How to oil your hair? How should conditioner be used? What causes split ends? Will shortening the hair reduce hair loss?  Read Article »
Dr. Uzzaif U Mansuri

Just as crops require proper nutrition in the form of water, sunlight, pesticides, etc. regularly, so does the hair. It needs vitamins, conditioner, and nourishment. We can provide nutrition to the hair in the form of dietary supplements like food rich in vitamins like green leafy vegetables, s ...  Read Article »

Do you have a question on Prevent Hair Loss? We have medical experts to help you right away.