Preventing Dandruff

Related Terms: Dandruff, Ketoconazole Shampoo, Hair Loss, Hair Care, Hairfall, Itchy Scalp, Ketoconazole

How to get relief from dandruff?
Query: Hi doctor, I have a problem of dandruff. I have taken treatment and it never worked. I have used Selenium sulfide shampoo as well as Ketoconazole shampoo. After using these shampoos, I used to get relief for a day. But, on the next day, the dandruff again starts falling from my hair. Please help me ...  Read Full »
Dr. Shilpi Rajnish Gupta
Homeopathic Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The causes of dandruff are any of the following. Not enough hair brushing and shampooing, dry skin, chronic seborrheic dermatitis, diet without proper nutrition, mental stress and allergic reaction to any hair or skin care products. The dandruff treatment includes taki...  Read Full »

I have spots of white powder like substance on my head. What is it?
Query: Hi doctor, On my head some four to five spots of white powder like substance is forming. Initially I had it only on two spots but now it became five spots. If it is dandruff entire head part will occur but mine is different. I have lost some hairs on surrounding affected spots. Please tell me wha...  Read Full »
Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please send the good quality photographs of the lesion and also please tell me if there is any burning or itching? Let me know if any other areas are affected like elbow and knee? Looking forward for your response in order to help you. Revert back with the ph...  Read Full »

What can cause itchy scalp and tiny white balls all over the head?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 28 year old male. I have itchy scalp and hair fall with tiny white ball all over the head and also in shoulder. The balls are attached to the skin and coming out in nails with pressure. I have attached the photos along with this query. I am using anti-dandruff shampoo, which cur...  Read Full »
Dr. Avina Jain

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to your history and from the photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity), you are suffering from acute dandruff with folliculitis.For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist  Read Full »

I have hair fall problem, and my hair becomes oily and greasy. Please help.
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 27 year old female, who weighs 88 kg and I am 6.1 feet tall. I wash my hair daily morning, but they become oily and greasy by evening. I also have hair fall problem.  Read Full »
Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Greasy and oily hair can be an irritating problem, especially when it starts to affect our lifestyle. It could be a consequence of multiple factors such as the effect of hormones, weather, stressful lifestyle, use of thick oils, etc. Hair fall is the end result of all t...  Read Full »

On application of Selsun blue shampoo, my cheek turned white. Please help.
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 37 year old male. From my childhood, I had white patches (skin discoloration) that come and go and I was informed that was due to dandruff. I always use moisturizer. I read an online post and I applied Selsun blue shampoo on one side of the cheek where there were light wheatish pa...  Read Full »
Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. What do you mean by white patches? Was it diagnosed as Pityriasis versicolor or vitiligo? Please send images. What medications have you used till now? Revert back with the answers to the above questions to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-docto...  Read Full »

Please suggest ayurvedic treatment for dandruff hair fall.
Query: Hi doctor, I have dandruff and hair fall for a longer period of time. I do not take oil or fried food. My face is full of pimples and visible open pores. I tried many options in allopathy but everything was temporary. Please provide a solution for it.  Read Full »
Dr. Niveditha Srinivasamurthy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Dandruff, hair fall, and pimples are all interrelated. According to ayurveda, healthy blood will help you have healthy hair and skin. Try the following ayurveda remedies for hair fall and pimple, follow up with me after a month. The medications are available in ayurveda...  Read Full »

Is it safe to use Minoxidil continuously for male pattern baldness?
Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from male pattern baldness along with dandruff. Because of dandruff, I keep on itching my scalp. I consulted a doctor, and she recommended me to use Betamethasone dipropionate and Zinc sulphate lotion along with Adgain capsule and a mild medicated shampoo. I used these prod...  Read Full »
Dr. Kakkar S
Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello. Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query in detail and understood your concern. As far as Betamethasone dipropionate and Zinc sulphate lotion is concerned, it is mainly given for dandruff or seborrheic dermatitis and hair fall due to it. It has no effect on androgenetic hair loss. Si...  Read Full »

Do You Have Difficulty in Dealing with Dandruff?
Article Overview: This article gives a description of how to deal with dandruff.  Read Article »
Dr. Vinay Kumar

Dandruff is a condition of the scalp and hairs, in which dry, white flakes tend to accumulate and show up on the scalp and the hairs. Facts About Dandruff: Dandruff can only be controlled but complete cure is as yet not available. The aim of preventive measures is to minimize the likelihood of d ...  Read Article »

Please suggest some good shampoo for dandruff.
Query: Hi doctor, I am having problem of acute flaky dandruff and also itching in my hair. I have tried Topisal, Nizral and various other shampoos as well. However, there is no respite from dandruff. Please suggest me some good mediation as well as shampoo and oil. Currently I am under sugar and BP medica...  Read Full »
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your complaints. You should start with shampoo containing Salicylic acid and Ketoconazole. Use it every alternate day in the beginning. Once you notice improvement gradually taper it to twice weekly and then once weekly. Along with this apply Clotrimaz...  Read Full »

How do I control dandruff and hair fall?
Query: Hi doctor, I am having problem with dandruff. My scalp is oily. I am losing hair and I feel that I will become bald. I used Candid-TV, but it did not help. Please advice.  Read Full »
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. For severe dandruff, you should take oral medicines apart from topical treatment. Consider taking tablet Ketoconazole 200 mg once daily for two weeks and apply Candid B lotion (Clotrimazole) on the affected scalp twice daily. As far as shampoo is concerned, ...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Preventing Dandruff? We have medical experts to help you right away.