Prevention Of Nursing Bottle Caries

Related Terms: Early Childhood Caries, Nursing Bottle Caries, Regular Brushing, Bottle Feeding, Dental Fillings, Fluoride Varnish, Oral Habits

My 2 year old daughter has some problem in her front teeth. Please give your suggestion.
Query: Hi doctor, My 2 year old baby girl has some problem in her four teeth. Both the upper and lower front teeth is paining now. Please give your suggestion. What can we do now?  Read Full »
Dr. Paras Angrish
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. A 2 year old may get a problem in the upper teeth because of cavities, which we say as nursing bottle caries or early childhood caries. Please tell if there is associated swelling or pus discharge? And if possible, please post a picture of the teeth. If the issue is pa...  Read Full »

My 2 year old son's teeth are exposed and are sensitive. Please help.
Query: Hi doctor, I have a 2 year old son, who was born through a c-section. One out of his six teeth is actively disintegrating. The enamel has come off, and the inner part of the tooth is exposed and sensitive to cold drinks. What should I do?  Read Full »
Dr. Honey Arora
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms look like that of an early childhood caries (nursing bottle caries), which is commonly due to more sweet in the baby's diet and poor maintenance of oral hygiene. I would suggest you take an OPG (orthopantomography), an x-ray of all the teeth. The treatment...  Read Full »

My 14 months old son's top four teeth look rough and are crumbling. Why?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a very concerned father of a 14 months old boy. His first six teeth came in, but the top four teeth look quite rough and are crumbling. His bottom two teeth seem fine. He is still almost exclusively breastfed, as he does not like to eat food, and seldom opens his mouth. I believe...  Read Full »
Dr. Naveen Thomas
Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the attached photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The upper front teeth show early childhood caries lesion resulting in decay. You need start giving him other semi-solid food and reduce exclusive breastfeeding. After every breastfeeding,...  Read Full »

How to Prevent Nursing Bottle Caries?
Article Overview: Almost all the mothers feed their children at night, when they are asleep. This feeding habit might lead to nursing bottle caries in children. This article discusses in detail the prevention and treatment of early childhood caries.  Read Article »
Dr. Nivedita Dalmia
Pedodontist

Nursing bottle caries is a type of tooth decay also known as early childhood caries/nursing bottle syndrome/rampant caries. In which Age Group, is Nursing Bottle Caries Usually Seen? Nursing bottle caries is usually seen in toddlers and infants.  Commonly Affected Teeth: Upper d ...  Read Article »

Oral Health Care for Expecting Mothers and Infants
Article Overview: Maintenance of oral health in children is as important as in an adult. Most of the parents do not know the procedure that needs to be followed to maintain a good oral health of their child.  Read Article »
Dr. Paras Angrish
Pedodontist

Maintenance of oral care starts perinatally. The mother needs to keep her oral hygiene healthy, to establish good oral habits, and to prevent the transfer of cavity-causing bacteria to her child. Oral Health Care for Pregnant and Lactating Women: The perinatal period is an optimum time to educate ...  Read Article »

Early Detection of Dental Problems in Kids
Article Overview: It is of utmost importance that parents routinely examine the intraoral region of their kids for any anomaly of soft tissues or hard tissues like milk tooth, permanent tooth and the jaw. Most of the oral and maxillofacial anomalies seen in children can be corrected by taking appropriate preventive steps in the growing stage itself.  Read Article »
Dr. Naveen Thomas
Pedodontist

It is very important to routinely examine the intraoral region of the kids for any anomaly of soft tissues or hard tissues. For this, the parents should have a basic knowledge about the function of the mouth and the intraoral parts and its esthetics. Some of the common features which ...  Read Article »

Do you have a question on Prevention Of Nursing Bottle Caries? We have medical experts to help you right away.