Procrastination

Related Terms: Antidepressants, Clonazepam, Anxiety, Breathing Exercises, Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Daydreaming, Depression

Why do I always procrastinate and daydream?
Query: Hi doctor, Basically, I am unable to do things I want. I just impulsively do things for instant gratification and have no perseverance. I have a severe chronic procrastination and maladaptive daydreaming. They are sought of related. My mind gets super stressed and while I am procrastinating the tas...  Read Full »
Dr. Padmapriya Chandran
Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The procrastination and daydreaming is because you are preoccupied most of the time. Depression is a disabling illness and causes significant morbidity which goes unnoticed by the family most of the time. Do not feel guilty for the happenings, which is not under your cont...  Read Full »

Can PCOD lead to unstable mind?
Query: Hello doctor, I cannot concentrate on anything. My mind is not stable. I have my exams in next eight days but I am feelling like I do not want to give it because due procastination, I have not prepared well and it is because I was not able to study but now my parents are forcing me to give that exa...  Read Full »
Dr. Ruhi Satija

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. PCOD does lead to some hormonal disturbance, do you have any symptoms of PMS? Premenstrual syndrome? Because that might be an explanation of your mood swings and irritability. As for the lack of concentration issue, start small with some breathing exercises and relaxat...  Read Full »

I procrastinate a lot. Is it psychological? Can it be rectified?
Query: Dear doctor,I am 34 years old and am married with two kids, the youngest of the two is 5 months. I have three queries.I procrastinate a lot. Is it psychological? Can it be rectified?I have low self-esteem. Things which happened in my past keep coming to my mind and it hurts me. My mum has told me th...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. 1 & 2. A lot of individuals have the habit of procrastinating. If there are no other associated symptoms, we cannot label this as psychological. You have mentioned that you have low self-esteem and you think a lot about past. Somet...  Read Full »

Why am I stressed a lot and unhappy too?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 26 year old male. My weight is 60 kg and height is 5'8". I grown up with great responsibility of family, but never fulfilled it up to the mark besides living my life in fear from society. I managed good academics and some standard over time. But, I have also developed very poor...  Read Full »
Dr. Kumarshri Shriniwas Saraswat
Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query in detail and would like to summarize your current symptoms: Feeling sad, excess worries, poor cognitive abilities (memory and thinking), social anxiety (fear of people), reduced energy levels (lazy and tired), low self-confidence and f...  Read Full »

Why am I facing difficulty in studying?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a medical intern. I understand that as a doctor and fellow senior you would understand the amount of social and economic pressure we are in. I was a good and a bright student. My success and fame came easy in school and entrance. Till now I have not faced failure. But, the fear of f...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The things you are facing are faced by a lot of medical students during their studies. Before medical exams they usually top the classes and score big. In medical school there are a lot of distractions and individuals usually give less time to study. But, that does not ...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Procrastination? We have medical experts to help you right away.