Progesterone

Related Terms: Beta Hcg, Progesterone Support, Progesterone Tablet, Ovulation, Hormonal Imbalance, Emergency Contraceptive Pill, Unprotected Sex

Progesterone Cream
Article Overview: Progesterone is a hormone that appears in the body after the process of ovulation. It is one of the most important hormones, which induce infertility. In case of severe deficiency of progesterone hormone, progesterone cream is used. This article discusses in detail about natural progesterone, its beneficial effect, dosage, indication and complications.  Read Article »
Dr. Vidhi Hareshbhai Talati

Progesterone is produced by ovary approximately 20 to 30 mg daily. Adrenal gland also produces some amount of progesterone. It is mainly produced during the last phase of the menstrual cycle. During each year, the amount of progesterone production is falling and by the fifth or sixth decade of the l ...  Read Article »

Autoimmune Progesterone Dermatitis (APD)
Article Overview: This article deals with the treatment of autoimmune progesterone dermatitis (APD) through homeopathy.  Read Article »
Dr. Potnuru Srinivaasa Sudhakar
Homeopathic Physician

Autoimmune progesterone dermatitis (APD) is characterized by skin rashes whose severity is directly dependant on the phase of the menstrual cycle. It appears at the second half of the menstrual cycle during which the progesterone begins to rise. The rashes subside immediately after menstruation ends ...  Read Article »

Unless I take progesterone, I am bleeding continuously. Why?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 5'10" and 250 lbs. I am 28 years old. I have a history of PCOS, had an endometrial biopsy, and it came back negative for hyperplasia and malignancy. The reason for my visit was period started with passing large clots and continuous period. Currently, I am menstruating for three mon...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is a typical progesterone deficiency where you should ideally be started on cyclical progesterone therapy from day 11 to day 25 of your cycle or on continuous progesterone therapy for three months. You should take treatment for at least three months to control men...  Read Full »

Can I take hCG or progesterone injection for spotting in pregnancy?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 7 weeks pregnant. I am passing clots and spotting is there for the last two weeks. USG revealed subchorionic hemorrhage, but the fetal heart rate is good. I am taking Susten 200 twice a day and Duphaston 10 once a day. My hCG is 18000 on the 7th week. Should I take hCG injection or p...  Read Full »
Dr. Radhakrishnan Nair B
Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are already on two forms of progesterone. It depends on the severity of your bleeding. If decreasing, then continue the same progesterone as you are taking now. If not decreasing, then you need to discuss with your obstetrician. I do not think that an injection in add...  Read Full »

What prenatal vitamins can be taken for conception in low progesterone patients?
Query: Hi doctor, I want to ask about the prenatal vitamins that I can take for conception, considering the case of low progesterone level. The laboratory tests performed were progesterone 0.19 ng/ml, testosterone 1.10 ng/ml, LH 17.26 miu/ml, FSH 21.11 miu/ml, and prolactin level.  Read Full »
Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Preconception vitamin that has been advised universally is Folic acid 0.4 gm per day for normal ladies who wish to conceive and not have any chronic disease like epilepsy (need 5 gm per day) before conception. You did not mention which day of menstrual cycle you did the...  Read Full »

I take Provera to get periods. Can I have unprotected sex without conceiving?
Query: Hello doctor, I did not get my periods for years, and finally, I went to a doctor, and they put me on Provera. I take it the first to 12th of every month, and I get my periods on the third day after stopping the medicine. Since I do not ovulate due to the lack of hormone, and I take medicine to indu...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Progesterone does not cause ovulation, but it is produced only after ovulation occurs, through corpus luteum. So, you taking Progesterone has no role in ovulation. Please mention the diagnosis which the doctors have given you for your condition. If you have been amenor...  Read Full »

Why is there spotting and brown discharge with clots in a six weeks pregnant woman?
Query: Hi doctor, Now I am six weeks pregnant. I had two miscarriages before. I have some spotting and brown discharge with clots seen continuous from the fifth week to now. Two days before I went for scanning and a perfect heartbeat was seen, no subchorionic hemorrhage was there. But still, small spottin...  Read Full »
Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please take Progesterone supplements and adequate rest. Avoid having sex and lifting heavy weights, or bumpy drives. If properly treated and taken good supplements, miscarriage will be prevented. Trisomy and chromosomal anomalies can be detected by 12 to 13 weeks and fo...  Read Full »

I am pregnant and feeling constipated. What to do?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 11 weeks 2 days pregnant. I did not get motion for the last three days and have lower back pain and gas problem. Please suggest what to do.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. During pregnancy, progesterone hormone increases. The progesterone hormone has effects on the bowel. The movement of bowel decreases, the secretions from the lining of bowel increases and sphincter becomes tight. So, the net response is that you will have constipatio...  Read Full »

Had Deviry and Krimson without knowing that I am pregnant. What to do?
Query: Hi doctor, I missed my periods for the last four months. So, I had Deviry 10 mg two tablets a day for five days, but I did not get periods. Then, I started taking Krimson 35 for 21 days. Still, I did not get periods. Then I had a pregnancy test and unfortunately, it turned to be positive. Now, I am ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Deviry is progesterone and it would have supported the pregnancy. But, Krimson 35 contains Cyproterone acetate. It is a category C drug and not to be taken during pregnancy at all. In fact, Krimson35 is advised only in cases of PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome). Now, yo...  Read Full »

Meprate 10 MG Tablet
Article Overview: Meprate is a progestin (a form of progesterone), which is used as a contraceptive pill. It inhibits ovulation by inhibiting LH surge and follicular development. Meprate is used to regularize the menstrual cycle as it has progestin, which is a form of the hormone progesterone.  Read Article »
Dr. K Sneha
Pharmacologist

Overview: Meprate is a progestin (a form of progesterone), which is used as a contraceptive pill. It inhibits ovulation by inhibiting LH surge and follicular development. Meprate is used to regularize the menstrual cycle as it has progestin, which is a form of the hormone progesterone. Progesterone ...  Read Article »

Do you have a question on Progesterone? We have medical experts to help you right away.