Protein Source

Related Terms: Protein Rich Diet, Diet And Lifestyle, Balanced Diet, Lifestyle Modification, Omega Fatty Acids, Reduce Weight, Benefits Of Fruits

My baby is 7 months but her weight looks like a 5 months baby. Kindly help.
Query: Hi doctor,I have a girl baby. She has completed seven months. Actually, my baby problem is weight. She has 7 kg now but she looks like five months baby structure like weightless. If anyone of them take my baby they ask (why baby like weightless and look like five months) but she eats well and breast...  Read Full »
Dr. Amit Modi
Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. A baby gains to be double the birth weight by six months of age and triple the birth weight by one year of age. The weight of your baby seems to be fine to me. Continue to breastfeed, give adequate complementary feed in the form of cereals, pulses, fruits, other prot...  Read Full »

Kindly advise about the food that can be given to my 6 months old baby.
Query: Hi doctor, Our baby is six months old. We have been only breastfeeding her and giving finger millet as a paste. What more should we give? We are confused and want to stay with natural food as much as possible. Kindly advise about the food that can be given. In the case of rice, should we boil and g...  Read Full »
Dr. Payas Joshi
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. As your baby has completed six months, you should start complementary feeds. Complementary feeds should be a balanced diet means it should have all the essential nutrients that are, carbohydrates, proteins, fats, vitamins and minerals. Feeds ...  Read Full »

Why do I feel dizzy often?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 29 years old. My problem dates back a few years from now. If I am working sometimes I do not get to eat anything maybe have a cup of tea while working. Then I start feeling quite dizzy. I get water and it is still there for quite a while. It goes for 10 minutes or so after eating. E...  Read Full »
Dr. Sandhya

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, I would like to reassure you that, there is nothing to worry about. Secondly, the reason for your current trouble is pretty much explained in your history itself. No matter how hard your job is and the pattern of your work goes, it is mandatory to ensure a p...  Read Full »

Why High-Protein Diets Are Bad for You
Article Overview: This article discusses the ill effects of high-protein diet on your health.  Read Article »
Dr. Vidhi Hareshbhai Talati
Dietician

The adult protein requirement is 0.8 to 1.8 g/kg. High-protein diet refers to the intake of more than 60 g of protein per day or more than 30 % of total calorie intake of protein source. Some high-protein foods are soy protein isolate, boiled green soybeans, whey protein isolate, peanuts, steak, chi ...  Read Article »

Protein Supplements - Types and Need
Article Overview: The indiscriminate use of protein supplements can do more harm than good. This article aims to increase awareness about various types of protein supplements and who will benefit by taking them.  Read Article »
Dr. Vishal Wadi
Nutritionist

What are Protein Supplements? Protein supplements are concentrated forms of protein that are isolated from food sources. All protein-rich foods contain carbohydrates and fats along with protein. Hence whole foods do not provide lean protein. Who should take Protein Supplements? Those who have h ...  Read Article »

Will taking protein powder in high quantities affect kidneys?
Query: Hi doctor, I heard that a high intake of protein powder will affect kidney functions (by forming kidney stones). Is it true?  Read Full »
Dr. Suneetha B S
Diabetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Too much of any nutrient is not good for the body. But when you say 'high amount', it is a relative term. What seems 'high amount' to you may not be really high. If you think you are taking too much protein, please do mention what kind of protein you are taking and...  Read Full »

How to increase sperm count at home?
Query: Hi doctor, Do eggs included in the diet increase the sperm count in men? If not, what medication should I take?  Read Full »
Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Egg is a rich source of protein. Protein is required for healthy sperm formation. Hence, it contributes indirectly to sperm formation. Green leafy vegetables are also rich in protein and they aid in semen formation. Apart from these, you can take capsule Absolut 3G...  Read Full »

How much protein intake per day is considered too much?
Query: Hello doctor, Is high intake of protein powder helpful or harmful to the health? And what is considered as too much protein?  Read Full »
Dr. Divakara P

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The recommended dietary intake of protein is 30% of your total calorie or food intake, which means 30% of what you eat should be proteins. If it exceeds 45 or 50%, then it can cause problems, especially to your kidneys. High protein powders can be used if you have prote...  Read Full »

Does protein powder have any adverse effect on muscle recovery?
Query: Hi doctor, I used to perform cardio exercise for around 30 to 40 minutes and weight exercise (strength training) between 20 to 30 minutes daily. I have been using one natural protein product. My wish is to lose fat. I am confused whether, I should replace my natural protein product with the secon...  Read Full »
Dr. Swapan Banerjee
Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. "L" is the structural name; in fact Lysine and L-Lysine are the same. Not only in Lysine, it gives the same meaning in all amino acids mentioned on the product package (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Glutamine is safe and required for body building. You...  Read Full »

Are my symptoms due to protein toxicity?
Query: Hi doctor, I had a protein shake for three weeks, around five scoops a day. Since then I get a pulsation in my buttocks and legs. This also causes dizziness most of the time. If I eat too much this problem gets worse. Drinking a lot of water helps but it is not sorting out the problem. I was advised...  Read Full »
Dr. Sandeep V Nair
Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. After going through your question I feel that you are really worried about the ill effects of protein shake. Let me assure you that a protein shake is perfectly safe even if you have taken in large quantities as mentioned. The fact that even after three weeks it has no...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Protein Source? We have medical experts to help you right away.