Proton-pump Inhibitors

Related Terms: Pantoprazole, Acid Reflux, Gastritis, Gerd, Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease, Heartburn, Irritable Bowel Syndrome

Omeprazole
Article Overview: Omeprazole belongs to the proton pump inhibitors group of drugs. It works by decreasing stomach acid because of which, it is used in conditions like gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), indigestion, and stomach ulcers caused by bacteria Helicobacter pylori.  Read Article »
Dr. A V Hussain Shihaz

Overview of Omeprazole Omeprazole belongs to the proton pump inhibitors group of drugs. It works by decreasing stomach acid because of which, it is used in conditions like gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), indigestion, and stomach ulcers caused by bacteria Helicobacter pylori. It relieves sym ...  Read Article »

Does Omeprazole 20 mg have side effects?
Query: Hello doctor,I have been suffering from symptoms of gastritis now for over a week. However, I took a capsule of Omeprazole 20 mg, and there seems to be a considerable relief, and I feel a lot better. Is it possible that one capsule can do this? Also, I have read online that Omeprazole can be associ...  Read Full »
Dr. Prathap

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Omeprazole is a proton pump inhibitor. It will decrease the acid production in the stomach and relieve the symptoms rapidly. The worries like pneumonia or so are very very less. It is usually a safe drug. For more information consult a general medicine phys...  Read Full »

Is erosive pan gastritis permanently curable?
Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with erosive pan gastritis through an endoscope in the stomach. I was an IBS patient as well. The medication given was Happi 20 mg morning and Lafaxid D, at bedtime for one month. Is it permanently curable? I was undergoing stress and depression and I we...  Read Full »
Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Gastritis is easily treatable with proton pump inhibitors. The medicines you are taking for psychiatric disorders may worsen your gastric issues. If there is no further worsening of symptoms, then you can continue with the same dose. If you have a ...  Read Full »

Though I am on treatment for stomach pain, the pain persists. Why?
Query: Hi doctor, I had severe back pain and stomach pain two days ago. I visited my family physician, and he prescribed me Omcar 40 mg along with other medicines. He advised me to take Omcar 40 mg in the empty stomach daily morning, but I took it after lunch and dinner by mistake. Since last 3 hours, I a...  Read Full »
Dr. Ramesh Kumar S

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Omeprazole (Omcar) and all other proton pump inhibitors are very safe medicines and can be taken for years without any side effect. As you are having pain, antispasmodics like tablet Cibis (combination of Clidinium, Chlordiazepoxide, and Dicyclomine) can be taken thrice...  Read Full »

Is tablet Pansec increasing my father's creatinine levels?
Query: Hello doctor, My father is being treated for peptic ulcer, from the past 15 days. So, he is taking a medicine called as Pansec 40 mg, in the morning and evening. He has also developed slight kidney problems, and his creatinine has raised to 1.6. To rule out renal cancer, the doctor will perform ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Pantoprazole belongs to a group of drugs called as proton pump inhibitors, and they are known to cause interstitial nephritis. However, they are not strongly blamed for causing so, but if you want to be on the safer side, it is advisable to switch from Pantoprazo...  Read Full »

Oil-like substance is floating from my stools. What is going on with me?
Query: Hello doctor,I am having digestive issues for some time, gotten a bit worse. Symptoms: bowel bloating and pain after meals or sometimes on empty stomach middle of the night, mornings, acid reflux with everything I eat, I eat purely healthy, puree my veggies and small amounts of chicken, eggs, salmon...  Read Full »
Dr. Arul Amuthan
Pharmacologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com.You have acid peptic disease (peptic ulcer) which is usually controlled by PPI (proton pump inhibitor). You are already taking this. If you could not correct dietary practices, you may not get complete relief. You should avoid, chilly, fresh onion, and oily foods (fried...  Read Full »

I have nausea, black stools, belly pain and gas. What could it be?
Query: Hello doctor,I am a female, 58, 5'10", 239lbs. I am having nausea every morning. It comes and goes during the day. I also have black stools, belly pain, and gas. I am on Lexapro 10 mg, Pramipexole 3 mg, Lamotrigine 25 mg twice daily and 200 mg once, Meloxicam 15 mg, Metformin 500 mg, Gabapentin 300 ...  Read Full »
Dr. Anantha Narayanan.n

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms are suggestive of upper gastrointestinal intestinal bleed. Please stop Meloxicam 15 mg tablet immediately. I suggest you take proton pump inhibitor medication like Omeprazole 40 mg tablet straightaway and take preferably cold water. Please check with a...  Read Full »

How can I manage sore throat?
Query: Hello doctor, I have a sore throat from last 15 days. Medications taken are Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid taken for five days BD. The next course includes ZOCEF CV 500 BD for eight days. Levocetirizine 5 mg OD at night from the last 15 days and Betadine gargle thrice a day (both Levo and gargle, ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You may stop the Betadine gargle and start Benzydamine gargles diluted in water done twice daily after meals. Take a proton pump inhibitor which stops acid production twice daily before meals. Post meals, take an antacid syrup that neutralizes the acid produced. I woul...  Read Full »

I have chills, vomiting, and anxiety after stopping Gabapentin. Please help.
Query: Hi doctor, I have been taking Celexa 10 mg for two years. Recently, I was prescribed Gabapentin 100 mg twice daily, which I took for about a month, but started having stomach issues. So, I titrated it down to 100 mg a day for a week by myself and then stopped it. It has been almost three weeks and ...  Read Full »
Dr. Aditya Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Withdrawal symptoms seem to be unlikely after three weeks of stopping Gabapentin. Check if you have a fever. If not I would suggest you try taking PPI (proton pump inhibitor) for vomiting and Benzodiazepines for anxiety and insomnia. Skip Celexa for a couple of days....  Read Full »

What is the remedy for gas trouble, stomach bloating and loose stools?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 43-year-old woman with symptoms of gas, major stomach bloating and loose stools for the past three days. I started to take Azee 500 two days ago because that is what I had at home but it has not resolved yet. Please help me.  Read Full »
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have acute gastroenteritis and Azee (Azithromycin) will not help. You need to start Ciprofloxacin Tinidazole (Ciplox TZ) combination in morning and evening for three days and PPI (proton pump inhibitor) like Pantop-D (Pantoprazole and Domperidone) before breakfas...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Proton-pump Inhibitors? We have medical experts to help you right away.