Psychological Counselling

Related Terms: Depression, Anxiety, Psychiatric Illness, Psychotherapy, Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Meditation, Stress

Will sensitiveness to Tryptophan and Vitamin D3 pass with time?
Query: Hello doctor, I have serotonin syndrome or toxicity from a tricyclic antidepressant. I stopped taking it seven weeks ago. Most of my neurological symptoms have gone. I stick to a low tryptophan diet but if I eat something higher in tryptophan or get stressed, I feel nauseous, depressed, agitated an...  Read Full »
Dr. Arul Amuthan
Pharmacologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since your serotonin syndrome is drug induced, it must be normalized within a wash out period. I mean normalized gradually once you stop it. You may take another antidepressant that is safe for you. Eating tryptophan rich foods or stress inducing some symptoms to you, ...  Read Full »

How to cope when a sibling is seriously ill?
Query: Hi doctor, I have a brother who is sick since a month. I am feeling very helpless without him and I am deprived of sleep. I keep thinking about him the whole day. How can I overcome this situation?  Read Full »
Dr. Arooj Najmussaqib
Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The pain of near ones makes you feel helpless. This weakens your strength somehow. Symptoms like lack of sleep, disturbance, and tension occur when you feel stressed for any reason. But you have to be strong for your brother. If you feel low, he will become worse and ...  Read Full »

How can I reduce my depression?
Query: Hi doctor, When I wake up from my sleep, I feel empty. I am not willing to do my work. I neglect my study. I always stay alone in my room. I am feeling lonely. I got a breakup. After having a breakup, my depression got worse. I am crying every day for around seven months. I am unable to focus anymo...  Read Full »
Dr. Vandana Patidar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are in a troubled situation. Having an empty feeling and negative thoughts occurring on an occasional basis are quite reasonable. It does happen to everyone. But having a low opinion, and feeling empty for so long, around seven months is not healthy. It indicates th...  Read Full »

How should I deal my 8 year old sons's wanking habit?
Query: Hi doctor, I have an 8-year-old son. Recently, I came home from work and found him wanking in the living room. He saw me standing there, and he was not embarrassed that I caught him. He continued to do it, so I walked away and left him wanking. I have not spoken to him about that on that day. Since...  Read Full »
Dr. Baratu Bhaisara
Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If he is wanking most of the days, in front of you, I do not think this is a healthy child behavior. Abnormal behavior of a child should be addressed at the right time. Your son may or may not understand that it is unusual behavior for his age. A lot of stressors can be...  Read Full »

How to judge a person wisely?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 21 year old male. I am usually little under-confident in judging someone. Whether known or a stranger, objectively it is really difficult for me.  Please give me some tips regard this. I mean it to be as general as possible.  Read Full »
Dr. Kumarshri Shriniwas Saraswat
Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Every person has numerous traits or habits. A person is sum total of his thoughts, words and actions. When you think of judging a person, it is making a global judgment. If you really need to be objective, you need to judge a person's actions, habits and thoughts individu...  Read Full »

I get anxious with the thought that I am infected with rabies. What can I do?
Query: Hello doctor, I have been anxious since I thought I was bitten by a cat last year. I am pretty sure that I am immune to rabies because I was not bitten but the problem is, every time I feel something in my body, I get really anxious because of the thought that the illness was caused by rabies. My m...  Read Full »
Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to have a phobia about rabies. You could benefit from counselling. If that does not work, then you might need anti-anxiety drugs. Practicing meditation can also take your mind off it. Basically, you need to divert your mind elsewhere. The less you think about...  Read Full »

In spite of not scolding my kid for lying, she still lies. How can I get her to confide?
Query: Hello doctor, This query is regarding my daughter. She is 7 years old. She used to say things that happened at school openly. At home, I never scold her for telling the truth and even if she lies, if she comes and tells me that, I never scold her. She gets severe punishment and beating if she lies. ...  Read Full »
Dr. Kumarshri Shriniwas Saraswat
Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Dealing with a 7-year-old could be difficult. Acceptance is the key when dealing with them. Accept what she says without being judgemental. Rather than telling her what is right/wrong, tell her why right is right and let her do the decision making. Rather than scold...  Read Full »

What can be done if my wife behaves indifferently to my child?
Query: Hi doctor, My wife is indifferent to child health issues. She controls the child with threatening words. The child cannot cry or weep even with an extreme reprimand by her. She makes the child sleep under extreme pressure. Sometimes, the child wets the bed. She then becomes furious with him. All th...  Read Full »
Dr. Ramchandra Lamba
Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Too harshly treated or neglected child care can lead to a psychological and developmental issue in the child which includes depression, conduct disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder, social withdrawal, academic underachievement, and aggressive behavior. So, you need ...  Read Full »

Why do I cry frequently without a reason?
Query: Hi doctor, I am crying frequently without reason. What is the cause? Why do I cry frequently without a specific reason or trigger? How can we stop them? How to treat the problem?  Read Full »
Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Crying frequently without a trigger is always associated with psychological issues. For physical causes, it can be a chronic pain from a chronic inflammatory condition like rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, or physical weakness from a debilitating disease like cance...  Read Full »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Psychological Counselling? We have medical experts to help you right away.