Pyrethrins

Related Terms: Chemicals, Effects Of Drugs During Pregnancy, Hiv, Hiv Infection

Is it safe to give dog a flea bath while I am six weeks pregnant?
Query: Hi doctor, Yesterday, I gave my dog a flea bath using a shampoo containing pyrethrins and piperonyl butoxide. I am nervous about the effect this might have on my pregnancy. I washed my hands repeatedly after I realized this. Will it affect the brain development of my baby?  Read Full »
Dr. Sabita Laskar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. These chemicals have more effect when they are used early in pregnancy. Local application, just on the hands alone, will not cause any harm to your baby. Be assured and relax. Your baby is safe. But, do not repeat any more flea baths for your dog during pregnancy. G...  Read Full »

Are the medicines given to me for scabies correct?
Query: Hi doctor, I was diagnosed with scabies, and now I am worried my family also has it. The doctor has prescribed Permethrin cream 5%, Ketoconazole cream, Flutas 150 mg, and Levocetirizine. Are these tablets fine or should I add anything more? What should I do with the furniture and mobile phones? I h...  Read Full »
Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Permethrin is fine, but Fluconazole and Ketoconazole have no role in scabies. Permethrin has to be applied two times, one week apart and every member of the family should apply it at the same time.Leave the furniture and mobile as it is, as transmission rarely occurs thro...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Pyrethrins? We have medical experts to help you right away.