Radiating Pain

I feel pain in my left hip that travels down the leg and resembles piriformis syndrome. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor,I am experiencing some pain in my left buttock that travels down my leg and cause a feeling of numbness and tingling in my left leg. I do not experience any pain in my lower back. It is only that after prolonged sitting, I start feeling pain in my left hip that travels down the left leg...  Read Full »

Dr. Jay Indravadan Patel

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As the doctor you consulted is right. These symptoms can be caused due to a slipped disc. To confirm this and we may need to take up an MRI of the lumbar spine. Also, the piriformis syndrome symptoms are similar, but they are not radiating in symptoms as piriformis m...  Read Full »

Is lower back pain after C-section normal?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 31 year old woman. I had a C-section before 8 years. Occasionally since then, I am having light to medium pain in the lower back. In the last few months, the pain has increased and is regular now. Especially, in the lower back on the both sides of center bone. I can localize the p...  Read Full »

Dr. Abhishek Dixit

Nephrologist, Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to be having sciatic root pains from the lumbar region (back), which is giving you back pain and the pain is radiating towards the leg. You need to do MRI lumbosacral region. You also need to do work up for arthritis, which includes ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation...  Read Full »

Why do I have radiating lower back pain during sleep?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 54 years old. My weight is 145 lbs and height is 5'7". Almost every night I am getting severe pain in my right hip and groin. The pain is sharp and burning. It radiates down to my right leg. However, it completely dissipates after about 15 minutes of walking around. Always the pain o...  Read Full »

Dr. Hariharan V

Diabetologist, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query completely. I do not think this pain is due to appendicitis or ureteric stone. They will cause severe pain and does not relieve by walking. You are taking Forte for osteoporosis which does not cause you this problem. It may be due to cramps, whi...  Read Full »

What is the cause for Testicular Pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been facing testicular pain since last few days. What could be the cause?  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Bhatla

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Testicular pain can be due to many reasons. It can be due to an infection in testis or adjoining tissues. It can be a referred pain due to a stone in the urinary tract. Reason can be as simple as a prodromal symptom of a viral infection. Or any other reasons...  Read Full »

Could you tell me the underlying cause for sciatica?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been recently diagnosed with sciatica. I have some difficulty in walking. I am having Tramadol and Paracetamol for pain relief but they are not helping much. Could you tell me the underlying cause? Will I require a walking aid?  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com. As you must be aware by now, sciatica is a term used when a person experiences radiating leg pain due to some pressure on the nerves. Assessment will include intensity of back pain, intensity of leg pain, the distance you walk without any requirement of analgesic and d...  Read Full »

I am having back pain, but nothing wrong with my bones. Kindly help me.

Query: Hi doctor,I am having serious back pain in the upper left area of my back. I had x-ray and found nothing wrong with my bones. My doctor advised me to take various painkillers, but they did not work. I have been having the pain for several months now. I do not know what to do. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Shakti A. Goel

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First, I would like to know if the back pain goes down to your legs or if it increases on changing position. There is a possibility that the bones look normal on a simple AP (anteroposterior) and lateral x-ray (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I would reco...  Read Full »

Severe pain in the right shoulder which radiates to the whole arm.What could it be?

Query: Hello Doctor, Severe pain in the right shoulder which radiates to the whole arm. Tingling sensation everywhere in the whole arm. The shoulder blade hurts, underarm pit also hurts. Part of chest and cervical bulges are seen.  Read Full »

Dr. Saseendar S

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are suffering from cervical disc prolapse and radiculitis that means there is involvement of some of the nerve roots that arise from your neck. What is the duration of your problem and what is your job? Your condition might need evaluation with x-ray of the cervical s...  Read Full »

Is left-sided problem always due to a cardiac problem?

Query: Hello doctor, I am getting severe pain on the left side of the shoulder and chest for the past four days. Is this a cardiac problem?  Read Full »

Dr. Sugandh Garg

Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Toxicologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Any left-sided chest pain should not be ignored. A history of lifting heavy weight, strenuous work, exercise etc., might also cause shoulder and chest pain. There are chances of pain radiating to the arm and chest due to cervical spondylosis (neck pain). Follow these...  Read Full »

I have pain in chest radiating to face, arm and neck. How to solve this?

Query: Hi doctor, I had pain in my left chest area may be twenty times in last years. Ongoing to hospitals and doctors ruled out heart problem called costochondritis. What are the very best recommended ways to solve this problem? The last episode lasted some three days ago. Episodes last for hours. I need...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Costochondritis originates from the front of chest area where ribs join the breastbone named sternum. It mimics a heart pain. Here, the physician can help in few ways to have a complete recovery. Proper rest and avoiding activities that aggravate the pain are helpful. T...  Read Full »

I have jaw pain which is radiating to my arm. Is it a cardiac or TMJ problem?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 34 year old female, and I have had some palpitations. I was diagnosed with very mild MVP, about five years ago. I go yearly for an echocardiogram. I had my annual heart checkup beginning this year, and I redid an echocardiogram again, and a stress test on the treadmill, and also...  Read Full »

Dr. Isaac Gana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your complaints, and there is no need for worry. Your symptoms are most likely not due to a cardiovascular cause. Jaw pain that is caused by cardiovascular problems is usually associated with chest pain, shortness of breath, etc. Your symptoms are caused b...  Read Full »

All the answers published in the forum are given by leading doctors, therapists and health experts.