Radio Frequency Cautery

Related Terms: Laser, Melanocytic Nevi, Salicylic Acid, Melanoma, Human Papilloma Virus, Local Anesthesia, Mupirocin

My pimple turned into a bleeding bump. What to do?
Query: Hi doctor, I had a pimple a few weeks ago that vastly turned into a little bump that will not stop bleeding. It has been like this for about two weeks, and it is driving me mad. I am not sure what it is or what to do.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your concern and examined your picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It seems that you have developed pyogenic granuloma. The best treatment for this is radiofrequency cautery. It should be done by dermatologist only. I suggest you apply Mu...  Read Full »

What can cause itchy bumps on penis that cluster together?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 29 years of age. I had unprotected sex and I am having sex with the same partner for more than a year and a half. Suddenly, I got itching sensation and found that I have got itchy bumps on my penis which started clustering together. Later, it healed automatically. I also found when ...  Read Full »
Dr. Kakkar S
Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have noted your concern and I have viewed the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You have genital molluscum contagiosum. It is an STD (sexually transmitted disease). They can be removed with electrocautery or radiofrequency cautery. Itchy ra...  Read Full »

Is there a way to prevent little moles from coming all over my body?
Query: Hello doctor,I am an 18 year old girl and I am starting to notice little moles all over my body. Nothing unusual or worrisome. My mother and grandmother are also covered in moles so I guess I should have expected it. My question is, is there a way that I can prevent them from coming in or at least s...  Read Full »
Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw your clinical picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). These are not moles. These are called dermatosis papulosa nigra (DPN). It a genetic condition, runs in families. These have to be removed individually. Options are: Radiofrequency caut...  Read Full »

I have a corn in my foot. Can corn cap remove that?
Query: Hi doctor,I have a corn in my right foot for the last 15 days. Initially, I applied antibiotic ointment and taken some antibiotics ointment. And, now I have applied corn cap. I want to know whether my treatment in going in the right direction. Can corn caps alone take care of corn? I have applied co...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your concern and examined your pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It seems you have developed callosity or plantar wart. Corn cap application macerated the surrounding area. Since you already applied it before two days, I would suggest ...  Read Full »

Is it safe to get a mole removed?
Query: Hi doctor, I have a small, flat mole on my nose bridge. How can I remove it? Please recommend the best method with your professional advice.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your query and concern. With your descriptions, since mole is flat means you have a superficial melanocytic nevus. If you want to get it removed, then I would recommend you shave excision under local anesthesia by a dermatologist. This procedure has very goo...  Read Full »

I have a painless red bump on my scrotum. What could be the cause?
Query: Hello doctor, I have a painless red bump on my scrotum. I am uploading some pictures. Kindly let me know what this could be.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query and examined your picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). From your description and picture, it seems like you have steatocystoma multiplex (a type of sebaceous cyst) or molluscum contagiosum. The pictures do not give me an e...  Read Full »

Can I cover up my birthmark with a tattoo?
Query: Hello doctor, I am attaching a picture of a mark. Can you tell me if this is a melanoma? It has been that size for a long time but, it looks a little weird.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your description and the given picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it seems you have a mole or melanocytic nevus. They are considered benign melanomas and nothing actively needs to be done for them. If the mole shows a sudden increase in s...  Read Full »

What are those non-itchy, multiplying bumps on penis?
Query: Hi doctor, I have noticed these bumps and spots on the bar of my boyfriend's penis. It does not seem to cause any discomfort to him such as itching or sensitive to touch. We have been sexually active supposedly monogamous for a year. I noted the first one about three months ago and they seem to be m...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and descriptions. These lesions seem to be genital warts (condyloma acuminata). It is a contagious disease, caused by human papilloma virus. Generally, two thirds of individuals who have sexu...  Read Full »

I scratched my mole and worrying now. Please help.
Query: Hi doctor, I am worried about a mole. As it was itchy, I just scratched it. Now, it is sore and hard. I do not remember whether it has always been hard. Please help.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. With your descriptions and given picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it seems that you are having a mole over axilla. This site is more prone for frictions due to clothing and because of this your mole so called melanocytic nevus. They are considered...  Read Full »

What could a small pink lump on the back of the calf be?
Query: Hello doctor, My fiance has noticed a small pink lump (probably smaller than a pencil eraser) on the back of her calf. I have attached pictures of the same. She thinks it is only a few months old and may have grown in size to some extent. But she is not sure, and it could have been there longer. It ...  Read Full »
Dr. Uzzaif U Mansuri

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). This is mostly a wart. Melanoma is generally black in color and is very rarely seen in young age. This lesion of hers has mostly no feature of melanoma. Wart occurs due to one of these reasons s...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Radio Frequency Cautery? We have medical experts to help you right away.