Rapid Weight Loss

Related Terms: Weight Loss, Weight Reduction, Hiv Risk Factors, Hiv Testing, How To Lose Weight, Reduce Weight, Obesity

Why am I experiencing rapid weight loss?
Query: Hello doctor, I have a concern regarding my weight. I have lost about 2 to 2.5 kg in a month's time. I have not exercised recently. I weighed 74.4 kg last month, and now I weigh 72.8 kg. Moreover, my waist circumference has also decreased. I am worried about this sudden weight loss. Could this indic...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your BMI (body mass index) is 25.36 which is close to the normal range. However, I do understand your concern. Can you provide more details about your lifestyle as well as medical and personal history? Do you smoke cigarettes? Do you have a family history of d...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for rapid weight loss?
Query: Hello doctor, I am losing weight rapidly. I have been taking supplements. But they are of no help. What do I do?  Read Full »
Dr. Ramkesh Prasad
Preventive Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are losing weight and you are taking supplements and even then you are not gaining weight. Your history is incomplete. I need to know a detailed history before I can suggest you any remedy. I would like to tell you that, if you are losing weight rapidly, then there...  Read Full »

How to know the reason for my big toe pain?
Query: Hi doctor, I have been suffering lately from pain in my big toe joint. It is very severe that I could not sleep two nights when I ran out of painkillers. I thought it might be a gout attack. Because I do have gout. Though my uric acid levels are mostly high, I do not really watch what I eat. My tri...  Read Full »
Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your detailed description, it is gout unless proven otherwise. The reason I say this is your past medical history of gout. Swelling of the great toe and adjoining area with excruciating pain is called podagra. It is the most common presentation of gout. Even nor...  Read Full »

Fatty Liver - Symptoms, Grades, and Diagnosis
Article Overview: The liver is the largest gland in the body. Its primary function is to process the food and drinks we consume. and filter out the harmful substances. In this article, read about the various grades of fatty changes that can take place in the liver and how they can be effectively managed.  Read Article »
Dr. Vasantha K S

The liver is the largest gland in the body. Its primary function is to process the food and drinks we consume and filter out the harmful substances. A certain amount of fat is normal if present in the liver. But due to various factors, excess fat can start accumulating in the liver. Initially, there ...  Read Article »

Do you have any idea about my undiagnosed flares?
Query: Hi doctor, I have been having undiagnosed flares for the past five years. The symptoms are usually similar, but during each flare I have a few different ones that seem to take the lead. They almost always start with pain in my legs. First it starts with shin, then calfs, thighs and butt. The pain u...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry that you have been through so much in such a young age. I am thinking of Behcet's disease, also known as Behcet's syndrome. It is a relatively rare disorder that causes blood vessel inflammation throughout the body. Unfortunately, there are no classical l...  Read Full »

Understanding HIV and AIDS
Article Overview: This article explains the difference between HIV and AIDS and how you can protect yourself from this life-threatening infection.  Read Article »
Dr. Vasantha K S
HIV AIDS Specialist

What Is HIV? HIV is a virus that attacks the immune system by destroying a type of white blood cells (called as CD4 cells) by making copies of itself inside these cells. As the primary function of these CD4 cells is to defend the body from illnesses, it gets progressively harder for a person af ...  Read Article »

My father has severe diarrhea after chemotherapy for colon cancer. Please help.
Query: Hello doctor, My 43 years old father has colon cancer. He had undergone hemicolectomy laparoscopic surgery, and he is currently undergoing chemotherapy with Xelox (Oxaliplatin and Capecitabine). I am here to ask you about the side effects of chemo that my father is experiencing from the first cycle...  Read Full »
Dr. Rakesh Mittal
Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.Diarrhea could be due to surgery or chemotherapy or both. Normally, the patients should not have this much diarrhea. If it remains uncontrolled, you may have to stop chemotherapy for some days.Weight loss is common in this condition. After chemotherapy, he should be fine. A...  Read Full »

How can I reduce my weight without any special equipment?
Query: Hello doctor,I am overweight and want to reduce my weight. Please tell me what are the exercises I can do to reduce weight without any types of equipment. I have slight back pain. So, kindly suggest accordingly. I want to become slim in every part of the body.  Read Full »
Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is no magic formula to lose weight. You need to observe the following points to reduce weight: Eat 1500 to 2000 calories a day. Exercise for 45 minutes to an hour every day for five days a week. Include aerobics and weight training. Sleep for seven t...  Read Full »

I have lower abdomen pain and alarming weight loss. Will it be due to IBS?
Query: Hi, I am 23 years old. My problem is whenever I press my lower abdomen especially right lower part I feel some watery sound. When I wake up in the morning I feel pain in my lower abdomen. Also, my weight is decreasing at an alarming rate. Last year it was 68 kg and now it is only 52 kg. I had all th...  Read Full »
Dr. Niveditha Srinivasamurthy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Considering your symptoms, I will also go with the diagnosis of IBS. But, my line of treatment will be based on ayurveda diagnosis. In your case it is Vata Koshta - your digestive system afflicted by vata (increase in the gas in the intestines). Treatment for IBS will be ...  Read Full »

I gained weight rapidly after donating blood. How to get back in shape?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 19 year old who weighs 68 kg. My height is 5 feet and 3 inches. I used to weigh 57 kg before a blood donation. But, after donating blood, within six months I gained 11 kg. Please tell me how I can get back in shape. Also, I have stretch marks on my body.  Read Full »
Dr. Sonali Arvind Bhanushali
Dietician, Fitness Expert

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query. I would like to inform you that there is no connection between blood donation and weight gain. By following a personalized diet plan, you can achieve the desired weight which is an indirect result of fat loss which can be calculated by...  Read Full »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Rapid Weight Loss? We have medical experts to help you right away.