Rct

Related Terms: Root Canal Treatment, Tooth Decay, Infected Tooth, Tooth Cavity, Tooth Extraction, Iopa, Toothache

During RCT, broken file left inside tooth. Will it cause any issue?
Query: Hi doctor, Four months before, I had root canal treatment and the file was broken inside the tooth. So, I went to another doctor and after a month of treatment, he said the file has been removed. Now, I feel a very light sensation in the tooth. I went to a new dentist as I could not contact the old ...  Read Full »
Dr. Naveen Thomas
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The broken file piece will never cause a problem for you and will never travel to any other region of the mouth or body. If the tooth does not have any pain, then there is no need for any worries as the file has got stuck (locked) inside the canal. So, it will remain ther...  Read Full »

Can RCT be done for a 5-year-old child?
Query: Hello doctor, My 5 years old son has a problem in one tooth (second last on down left side ) and doctors are suggesting for RCT (root canal treatment). I have attached the pictures to this query. Here are my questions: Can RCT (root canal treatment) be done for a 5-year-old child? Will it affect...  Read Full »
Dr. Naveen Thomas
Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This tooth is a milk tooth which will fall off in around 10 to 11 years of age (attachment removed to protect patient identity). So, till then to save it, you have to do a root canal treatment. Root canal treatment can be done on a child if he is cooperative or at le...  Read Full »

After RCT treatment, how did the infection get spread to the jaw?
Query: Hi doctor, I had a root canal by a general dentist. I was told that the tooth was infected and going through with the procedure would be my best. I consented and had my treatment. I was done with the treatment and came home with full of instructions given to me. I had Penicillin and Ibuprofen for ev...  Read Full »
Dr. Tinu Thampy
Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per the radiograph (attachment removed to protect patient identity), your tooth infection had extended beyond the root apex and entered the underlying bone, and it becomes a periapical abscess. The tooth roots are much flared also. Root canal treatment is a conserva...  Read Full »

Following RCT and crown, my gums are swollen. Why?
Query: Hello doctor, I had a root canal performed before four months and a gold crown was fitted before two months. The tooth number is 14. The tooth had a crack in it a few years ago and finally became irreversibly inflamed and required a root canal. My tooth is still sensitive to pressure while chewing a...  Read Full »
Dr. Nupur Prashant Shah
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and understand it. In such condition, I would like to tell you that the pain that is present in the gum between the teeth number 13 and 14 is due to food impaction near the margin of the restored crown. It relieved once after scaling accordi...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for bleeding canal after one sitting of RCT?
Query: Hi doctor, I want to ask about canal root treatment. The tooth is 37. I was on holiday with colossal pain. I visited the dentist, and he immediately started the process. He opened the tooth, and the tooth has four roots. He removed the nerves and everthing. On my second visit, it was a day later, w...  Read Full »
Dr. Honey Arora
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for the query. In case if the canals are bleeding, then there is a possibility that the dentist is good too deep beyond the root tips causing bleeding or the infection has not yet subsided. So, first of all, your dentist can fill the canals with Calcium hydroxi...  Read Full »

Can you look at my RCT X-ray and tell me if an infection is still present?
Query: Hello doctor,Two months ago, I had a root canal done on a lower molar by a general dentist. I have put off getting a crown on it for now to evaluate its healing. Last week, I noticed hot food causes a sensitive feeling coming from that area whereas the week before, I had pain in my jaw area. I am no...  Read Full »
Dr. Naveen Thomas
Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the files and gone through them (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The two mesial roots are not properly filled to the tip but there does not seem to be any infection at the apex. I suggest you wait for a few more weeks. Are the sensitivity ...  Read Full »

I have pain in an RCT treated tooth. Can this be treated with just medicines?
Query: Hello doctor,I am a 36 year old male. I had a root canal treatment five years back. Since the last two days, I have severe pain in the same tooth. Irrespective of a cold or hot sensation, the pain was constant. My dentist has prescribed Oflox OZ and Meftal forte for five days and advised re-RCT. Pl...  Read Full »
Dr. Naveen Thomas
Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the X-ray (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There is an infection in one of the roots of the tooth, which needs a retreatment. You can see it as a black circle surrounding the apex of the posterior root. There is no option but to undergo re...  Read Full »

RCT was finished shorter than the apical length due to pain. Is apicoectomy advisable?
Query: Hello doctor, I got my front (upper 12 probably) tooth RCT done six months ago. The RCT was short because I experienced acute pain beyond that point. RCT is about 1.8 mm short. He then suggested getting apicoectomy because RCT was incomplete. From a second opinion, the other doctor recommended a re...  Read Full »
Dr. Himayoon Majeed Mir
Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have been through your query, and I can understand your concern. Endodontic treatment for any tooth when it is not completely done like in your case it is short. It might be that you cannot feel pain or have any other discomfort. But it is highly susceptible to th...  Read Full »

Cheek is swollen and numb after RCT. Is this a dental emergency?
Query: Hello doctor, My 5 year old (turns 6 next month) has gone for a root canal a few hours ago. I was not with him but they told me that they used a gel anesthetic, if it matters. Now, he is back and his cheek on the treated side is swollen and numb, and he seems to have difficulty smiling or speaking ...  Read Full »
Dr. Naveen Thomas
Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, it is normal. The numbness will go away in a couple of hours. The swelling may remain for two days. Give all prescribed antibiotics and painkillers as suggested. For more information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/d...  Read Full »

Due to negligence, I did not get RCT done and have pain now. Has the infection spread?
Query: Hello doctor, I had my tooth checked up last year, and the doctor told me to go for an OPG as he was planning for a root canal therapy. But due to severe negligence and work, I could not do that. It is almost a year now, and tonight I am having a painful time. Please tell me whether there is a chan...  Read Full »
Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your history and associated symptoms, it looks like you have now acute pulpitis leading to acute apical periodontitis. That means because of open pulp chamber, it is now infected. You need to take antibiotics and analgesics for this one. In case you do not have ...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Rct? We have medical experts to help you right away.