Reason For Depression

Related Terms: Depression, Anxiety, Symptoms Of Depression, Stress, Depressive Disorder, Ssri, Escitalopram, Fluoxetine

Suffering from depression & taking medicines, how long will the treatment last?
Query: Hi doctor, My son, who is 15 years old, started studying at a renowned entrance exam coaching center from last year. His mother has accompanied him since then. However, we noticed that he is suffering from depression. Immediately, he was referred to a psychiatrist. He also underwent some counseling ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. Your son is a 15 year old student and has been diagnosed with depressive disorder for the last one year. A lot of students at this age when faced with change of place, friends, situations and burden of studies develop depressive sympto...  Read Full »

How to cure a person suffering from depression with strange behavior?
Query: Hi doctor, My sister is showing some strange attitude. She says that she is hearing a strange voice and acting strangely. Are these due to depression? What are the symptoms of depression? What are the causes of depression? Before three years, she was treated for depression, and still on medication....  Read Full »
Dr. Ajit Naik
Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hearing a strange voice is a symptom of psychosis which can be a symptom of depression. Low mood, lack of interest in previously pleasurable activities and lethargy are some significant symptoms of depression. Genetic cause, a reaction in an unhealthy way to a life stress...  Read Full »

Why am I having PPD in spite of being on Percocet and Zoloft?
Query: Hello doctor, I had my baby last week. After coming off IV painkillers for the C-section, the doctor prescribed Percocet. On the third day after giving birth, my depression returned as it was before. Is it safe to take Percocet, Zoloft, Lithium, and Wellbutrin-XL? It seemed like the depression came...  Read Full »
Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for taking help from a psychiatrist. It will be better to stop all the above medications except Zoloft (Sertraline) and Lamictal (Lamotrigine). Zoloft and Lamictal cause very rare and mild side effects. Pregnancy may cause depression. You need family support ...  Read Full »

Depression - a State of Mood Imbalance
Article Overview: As this world is growing more advanced in every field possible, depression is becoming a common term talked about by almost everyone.  Read Article »
Dr. Aasiya Iqbal Pawaskar

Let us see what depression actually means. Depression in simple words is a state of mood imbalance. It is characterised by prolonged sadness, irritability and loss of interest in daily activities. Changes in mood, irritability, anxiety, sleepiness, etc., are common but when these signs become so pr ...  Read Article »

Can I take antidepressants only when needed and not continuously?
Query: Hello doctor, I have depression. But for some reason, I do not want to take antidepressants. I have been taking it for the past one year. And have stopped it. But sometimes I get very depressed. Can I take my antidepressant like Desvenlafaxine sometimes? As needed? Or maybe any other antidepressant ...  Read Full »
Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have not mentioned the severity of your depression. If you have the first episode of depression. and you were stable on medication for more than six months then you can try to stop the medication. But if you have again depression then you need to take medication. Y...  Read Full »

Depression: Know the Types and Classical Signs
Article Overview: This article is all about depression, and how it is different from sadness. Also, there are various types of depression which have similar symptoms but are not the same.  Read Article »
Dr. Krishna

Depression is a common mental illness where there are feelings of sadness, despair, and loss of interest in daily life and activities. It is important to understand that feeling sad is different from clinical depression. While a low mood due to sadness is temporary and situational, depression is a s ...  Read Article »

I have no sex drive. How to get it back?
Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from anxiety and depression. I have palpitation and breathlessness. I am taking Panazep 25, Bupron 150 and Dicorate 500. I have sexual dysfunction, no erection, and a low desire. My doctor prescribed me Sildenafil 50 but, I am worried about its side effects. Please sugg...  Read Full »
Geriatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. There could be the following reasons for an erection problem: Ongoing anxiety and depression: The proper treatment of anxiety and depression will rectify this issue. Panazep (Paroxetine) is known to cause sexual dysfuncti...  Read Full »

Depression - Awareness, Self-Diagnosis, and Treatment Modalities
Article Overview: Depression is among the top five causes of morbidity in today’s world. It remains largely undiagnosed and underreported because of a lack of adequate knowledge, both among the patients as well as the physicians. It is majorly characterized by the presence of a continuous sad mood, anhedonia, and easy fatiguability along with a host of secondary symptoms, which aid in quantifying the severity of the depressive disorder. So, it is the need of the hour that awareness is raised among the masses regarding this illness that is soon poised to be the number one cause of morbidity.  Read Article »
Dr. Ajay Singh

Depression has been recorded in the annals of history since time immemorial, but never has it assumed so much significance as it has in today’s world. With the advent of technology today, the human society is evolving by leaps and bounds with every passing day. As the saying goes that every co ...  Read Article »

Can depression be a cause for weight loss?
Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from gastric problem for the last one and a half month. I lost 4 kg due to depression. I did my whole body checkup and all the reports are clear. But, I am having pain in my right hand muscle as well as have body pain. Is it due to depression? I studied about leukemia on i...  Read Full »
Dr. Pooja Pardhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query. There are many causes for weight loss. Weight loss can be due to depression. Even any chronic infection in body can cause weight loss. If you are not taking proper diet due to gastric problem, then this might also the reason for your w...  Read Full »

My insomnia is getting worse due to drugs used for my depression. Please help me.
Query: Hi doctor, I am 79 years old. I have depression for over ten years. I usually take 10 ml alcohol every evening. I had been taking Prozac 20 mg for many years. I suffer from insomnia. I am taking Mirtazapine 15 mg, Valium 5 mg, and Phenergan 25 mg. These give me sleep for 12 hours. Before three days...  Read Full »
Dr. Punya Mulky

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please use Prozac in the morning as it can worsen sleep when used at night. You can take Prozac 40 mg. Do not increase the dose of Mirtazapine as higher doses of Mirtazapine cause insomnia whereas low dose help in sleep. Mirtazapine 15 mg is sufficient. Do not take Phen...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Reason For Depression? We have medical experts to help you right away.