Redness Around Nipple

Related Terms: Nipple Changes, Carcinoma, Fungal Infection, Breast Lump, Erysipelas, Fnac, Invasive Ductal Carcinoma

I have a sharp stabbing pain inside my breast.My mom has breast cancer.Do I have cancer?
Query: Hello doctor, I am an 18 year old female. A few days ago I noticed that my left breast was very tender. Yesterday morning I started feeling sharp stabbing pain inside my breast near the nipple every hour or so. Yesterday night I started to feel the pain 10 times worse and more frequently. I also not...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Invasive ductal carcinoma at 18 years of age is unlikely even though you have a history in family recently. The pain in the left nipple area which had a sudden onset in last few days and have been decreasing with a localised redness around nipple goes more in favour...  Read Full »

I have Li-Fraumeni Syndrome. Should I be concerned about this nipple pain?
Query: Hello doctor, I have Li Fraumeni Syndrome which greatly increases my chances of cancer. I have regular various annual screenings. I had a breast MRI three months back and the report (which I do not have) stated that the contrast seemed to 'pool' in one place. The doctor said he was not overly conce...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Paget's disease mostly involves nipple and later spread to areola, but it can also involve areola only. It is possible that areola is involved and the nipple is swollen. Many cases of Paget's disease do have lump below the nipple or some cancerous lesion. Is this les...  Read Full »

Why do I have redness and itching all over the body?
Query: Hi doctor, I have redness around my breast and it feels itchy. The itching is heavy when I wear a bra. It is under tolerable level if I apply Candid B lotion. Also, I have the same itching in my abdomen, bums and under thighs. There is redness over these areas as well. These areas are extremely itc...  Read Full »
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have reviewed the attached photograph (attachment removed to protect patient identity). According to your history and the attached photograph you are suffering from ringworm infection. It is a fungal infection which has a tendency to spread. You are probably having ...  Read Full »

Can gynecomastia turn into a tumor in the future?
Query: Dear doctor, I am a 25-year-old male. I am worried about my breast. When I was 10 years old, I found there are some circular discs inside both my breasts. It was untreated then as I am too young. And forgot about it. But in recent time, after 15 years, I am just worried again. The lump are in both ...  Read Full »
Dr. Abhishek Vijayakumar
Plastic Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have something called gynecomastia. It is very common among males of your age group. It is the continuation of a normal physiological process. There are four grades based on the size. There is no medication to treat it. Leaving it does not cause any health issues...  Read Full »

Redness and tenderness in nipple with a bump under skin. Why?
Query: Hi doctor, I have a small area of redness and tenderness above and around the top of my left nipple. It is painful to touch and has a small bump under the skin (not a superficial, but a few layers under). The lump is quite hard. We were recently swimming in freshwater rivers and ocean, and hiking i...  Read Full »
Dr. Magesh T
General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It looks like erysipelas, that is called the superficial skin infection. It would be helpful if you have had any recent laboratory investigations, complete blood count analysis ESR CRP that would be very helpful. I will advise you to apply Mupirocin ointment twice daily...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Redness Around Nipple? We have medical experts to help you right away.