Reduce Weight

Related Terms: Exercises, Weight Reduction, Obesity, How To Lose Weight, Lifestyle Modification, Weight Loss, Hypertension

Can I reduce weight by going to gym?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 25 year old male. My weight is 100 kg and height is 5'5". My current medications are as follows. Atorvastatin 10 mg on alternate days for hyperlipidemia, Allopurinol 100 mg three times a day for hyperuricemia and LABA plus steroid inhaler for asthma. Today, my BP is 139/98 mmHg o...  Read Full »
Dr. Hariharan V
Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are overweight. You have to reduce your weight to around 65 kg to live a healthy life. Your lipid status and blood pressure may become normal, once you shed those extra kilos. Going to the gym is a good initiative and I suggest you not to lift weights until you become...  Read Full »

How to reduce weight soon by following diet?
Query: Hi doctor, I started to follow a diet to lose weight and tried eating foods with low calories. I exercise a lot. I am scared to eat foods with high calories. I am not taking heavy meals. I am taking only my breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Also, I feel like foods in our house cause fattening in me. Ple...  Read Full »
Dr. Sunil Sekhri

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I recommend you eat your breakfast and lunch which include salads, clear soups, boiled eggs without the yolk, sprouts, green vegetables, roasted chicken, and fish. Avoid fatty and fried foods, sweet foods and drinks. Avoid eating after 8 PM and dinner should have...  Read Full »

How to reduce weight through yoga?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23 year old obese boy. My weight is 110 kg and I feel myself unfit. I want to start practicing yoga for weight loss. But, I do not know anything about yoga. I want to know, how to meditate and relax our body and mind?  Read Full »
Dr. Omnath Alvoor
Naturopathy Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per the data your weight is too high for an individual. You need to rebuild your lifestyle by giving time to exercise and yogic techniques. Especially fast rounds of suryanamaskara will help you with your problems. Start slowly and day by day increase the speed of prac...  Read Full »

How can weight be reduced in a thyroid patient?
Query: Hello doctor,I have a thyroid problem. How can I reduce my weight?  Read Full »
Dr. Shakti Mishra
Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The best way to reduce weight is vigorous exercise. Go for morning or evening walk (30) minutes. If possible go in the morning and evening also. Do jogging, skipping, swimming if possible as it is a wholesome exercise. You can also do aerobics with music (45 minutes), i...  Read Full »

I have hypothyroidism. I want to reduce weight. Please advise me the diet and exercises.
Query: Dear Doctor, I have hypothyroidism and I am on medicines for it. Also hysterectomy was done 3 years back. I want to reduce my weight now. Please advise appropriate diet and exercise for me. Age - 52 years/ female.Weight - 75kgs, height - 5'4".  Read Full »
Dr. Meha Malhotra

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your weight gain may be partially due to hypothyroidism.You may start with brisk walking for 20 minutes daily and gradually increase it to 45 minutes daily. Please do not lift heavy weights at this age. This may cause more harm than benefit. Try oats, muesli, brown ...  Read Full »

Can I use L-Carnitine to reduce weight?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 40 year old male. My weight is 84 kg. I am unable to lose fat despite proper diet and exercise. Can I use L-Carnitine supplement?  Read Full »
Dr. Rahul Rathee
General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, I am sorry to inform you that it is a myth that L-Carnitine reduces weight by burning fat. I know that you can easily find thousands of websites on the internet which claims that consuming their energy drinks and supplements containing L-Carnitine will burn out ex...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest a diet plan to reduce weight and belly fat.
Query: Hello doctor, I am trying to reduce my weight and belly fat, but I am not able to reduce my belly fat successfully. I am also getting kidney stones frequently and undergone surgery just two weeks back and also six months back. I want to reduce my belly fat without getting kidney stones. Let me brief...  Read Full »
Dr. Swapan Banerjee
Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can practice some brisk home body poses and exercises other than walking or running. Also, reduce your calorie to lose weight with low carbohydrate diet. Have mainly two roti, mix vegetables, citrus fruits and cucumber. Take vegan based diet, less organi...  Read Full »

Suggest me any medicine and guide me reduce weight.
Query: Hi, I am 20 years old. My weight is 65 kg. My height is 5' 5". I want to lose my weight about 4 to 5 kg. Please suggest me any medicine to reduce weight.  Read Full »
Dr. Suneetha B S
Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The best way to reduce weight is by regular physical exercise and balanced diet. You can lose weight by reducing your intake of oily food and sweets. It is also important to space your meals in such a way that you have more frequent, small meals (and not hea...  Read Full »

Having thyroid, i am not able to reduce weight. Can you suggest any medicines?
Query: Hi doctor, My wife had three cesarean deliveries. She is not able to reduce weight in spite of all efforts. Her thyroid profile T3 is 3.05, T4 is 0.83 and TSH is 5.339. Please suggest whether any medication is required or not for thyroid.  Read Full »
Geriatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. From the available values, it appears that her thyroid function test is within normal limits, but slightly at lower side. No medication is required in regard to thyroid, as she does not have any symptoms related to...  Read Full »

How to overcome my obesity problem? Please give me suggestions.
Query: Hi doctor, I am 20 years old. I have an obesity problem. I have a weight of 88 kilograms and a height of 168 cm. Please give me suggestions for reducing weight.  Read Full »
Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do regular exercise for five to six times a week. Do aerobic exercise along with weight training. Stop eating junk foods. Have a good sleep for seven to eight hours. Stop the habit of smoking and drinking alcohol, if you have this habit. If you have stress, then find wa...  Read Full »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Reduce Weight? We have medical experts to help you right away.