Medical Advice on "Reduce Weight"

You are overweight. You have to reduce your weight to around 65 kg to live a healthy life. Your lipid status and blood pressure may become normal, once you shed those extra kilos. Going to the gym is a good initiative and I suggest you not to lift weights until you become … View thread »

As per the data your weight is too high for an individual. You need to rebuild your lifestyle by giving time to exercise and yogic techniques. Especially fast rounds of suryanamaskara will help you with your problems. Start slowly and day by day increase the speed of … View thread »

Your weight gain may be partially due to hypothyroidism.You may start with brisk walking for 20 minutes daily and gradually increase it to 45 minutes daily. Please do not lift heavy weights at this age. This may cause more harm than benefit.Try oats, muesli, brown bread … View thread »

Well, I am sorry to inform you that it is a myth that L-Carnitine reduces weight by burning fat. I know that you can easily find thousands of websites on the internet which claims that consuming their energy drinks and supplements containing L-Carnitine will burn out … View thread »

You can practice some brisk home body poses and exercises other than walking or running. Also, reduce your calorie to lose weight with low carbohydrate diet. Have mainly two roti, mix vegetables, citrus fruits and cucumber. Take vegan based diet, less … View thread »

The best way to reduce weight is by regular physical exercise and balanced diet. You can lose weight by reducing your intake of oily food and sweets. It is also important to space your meals in such a way that you have more frequent, small meals (and not … View thread »

I read your query and understand your concerns. From the available values, it appears that her thyroid function test is within normal limits, but slightly at lower side. No medication is required in regard to thyroid, as she does not have any symptoms related to … View thread »

It is really nice to hear that you want to have a change in your life. This will be an example for other ladies also. Cleansing the body is essential, but before that cleanse your mind with lots of positive attitude towards life. Never forget to pamper yourself. Always … View thread »

I just read your query. I cannot say on just one high reading that you have diabetes. You need to do a HbA1C test to be sure of this. Yes, the meal which you described can give high blood sugar levels. If you modify your lifestyle, then definitely you can help … View thread »

I understand the stress you would have due to increased body weight and difficulty in losing it, after going through the attached details (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your BMI (Body Mass Index) is 48. BMI is nothing but a derived value from the … View thread »

Do you have a question on Reduce Weight? We have medical experts to help you right away.