Regular Brushing

Related Terms: Oral Hygiene Maintenance, Dental Scaling, Brushing Habit, Mouthwash, Dental Fillings, Gingivitis, Bleeding Gums

I have developed multiple cavities in eight months though I brush well. Please advise.
Query: Hello doctor, I am convinced that I have a lot of cavities. I was inspecting my teeth the other day and I have multiple points of concern and I am now afraid to get to the dentist. I have my six-month cleaning in days and I am anxious. I have two small smooth dots on two teeth on the side. Is this a...  Read Full »
Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The black dots would be the carious lesions. It does not matter if you take much care and do regular brushing, with time the carious lesions increase in the dental arch. You need to get it filled by a dentist as soon as possible. The multiple carious teeth happen becau...  Read Full »

Is it normal to find a hole at the site of wisdom tooth extraction after sutures have dissolved?
Query: Hello doctor, I had my wisdom tooth removed about two weeks ago and they had put dissolvable stitches. When I looked into my mouth today, the stitches are gone and there is a big hole there. Is that normal?  Read Full »
Dr. Subha
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Wisdom tooth removal is a surgical procedure that requires suturing. Suturing can be done with resorbable (dissolvable) or non-resorbable materials. Yours is the dissolvable type as you have mentioned. The advantages of this type of suturing are: They resorb on thei...  Read Full »

Will using electric toothbrush make teeth even looser?
Query: Hey doctor,I have bought an electric toothbrush because a dental hygienist said he would recommend it as I have gum disease. The bleeding has stopped tremendously after regular brushing and help from the dental hygiene. My question is, because I have a few loose teeth at the bottom, will using an el...  Read Full »
Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, it will because it does not have the same control as your hand will do. Not till you keep it as controlled as possible but it is a mechanical device. It can make your teeth more mobile if the tooth mobility is more than grade one (that means you have a slightly loo...  Read Full »

By What Age Toddlers Should Start Brushing Teeth On Their Own?
Article Overview: Brushing helps to maintain the normal oral flora. If we encourage our kids at younger age to brush their teeth twice daily, it will become a good habit and it will also help to prevent tooth decay.  Read Article »
Dr. Nivedita Dalmia
Pedodontist

You can give your children a baby-sized toothbrush when they are around one year old, thus encouraging the children to use the brush themself. Although the child may initially play with the toothbrush rather than brushing their teeth, it will ensure a good habit in them. Afterwards, you ...  Read Article »

How to Avoid Dental Neglects?
Article Overview: In recent years, most people are aware of or at least have heard of root canal treatment, crowns, bridges, dentures, and dental implants. What they do not realize is that these are treatments for a dental disaster. People go in search of a dentist only if there is a shooting pain. They forget the that there are certain preventive measures to save the tooth. This article reveals the tips and tricks for a better oral hygiene and also discusses the most common dental neglects.  Read Article »
Dr. Geeth Sadasivam
Dentist

From childhood, we are taught how to take care of our oral cavity, and it is engraved in our minds. Tooth brushing remains the major pillar in maintaining good oral hygiene. But, is that the only way to prevent dental disasters? Do you think we are neglecting something? The answer is yes. Statistics ...  Read Article »

Is it safe to use electric toothbrush than manual toothbrush?
Query: Hello doctor, My question is that some days ago, I changed my brush from regular brush to electronic toothbrush. It vibrates and clean teeth. Is it safe for my tooth? Can it harm my tooth if I use it for a long time? Which one is better? Traditional toothbrush or this type of electronic toothbrush?  Read Full »
Dr. Tooba Qazi
Dentist

Answer: Hey, Welcome to icliniq.com. You did a good job. Buying an electronic toothbrush. It is more useful than a manual one in the following ways. It removes plaque from teeth in a better way with its vibratory motion. You do not have to be cautious about your motion techniques of brushing anymore. It c...  Read Full »

How can we prevent tooth decay and say about the toxic things we touch everyday?
Query: Hi doctor, How can we prevent tooth decay? Please explain about the toxic things that we use every day and say a few words regarding healing tonics.  Read Full »
Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Follow these steps to prevent tooth decay. Brush your teeth twice a day. Floss your teeth after each meal. Avoid eating sugary foods. Avoid having a tartar build up in the teeth. Avoid using artificial teeth whiteners. Take a vitamin-rich diet. The toxic things that we...  Read Full »

My son is screaming when we step into dentist's office. How to fix this?
Query: Hello doctor, My 3 year old son is with really bad teeth. He is not even letting the doctors near to him. I have to tussle even to brush his teeth. I really need to get this fixed. He has a couple of cavities, decayed tooth and he has broken one when he fell down, being his tooth was probably weak. ...  Read Full »
Dr. Naveen Thomas
Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are two things you could do. The first option is ask your dentist to give him a mild inhalation anesthesia, which will calm him down and then, he could do all his necessary treatments in one go, but you have to take him in forcefully. The second option is you co...  Read Full »

What is the reason for discoloration of teeth in a 15 months old?
Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 15 months old. Her weight is 8.2 kg and height is 80 cm. Her food includes apple, rice, green gram, vegetables along with breast milk. But, I am not adding sugar or salt. I am giving her Ostocalcium, vitamin D and multivitamins as suggested by her pediatrician. She has got ...  Read Full »
Dr. Naveen Thomas
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The white discoloration (attachment removed to protect patient identity) is the demineralization of enamel on the surface of teeth. It occurs due to prolonged sticking of food items, especially mother's milk after feeding. It is very simple to prevent the formation of cav...  Read Full »

I have not brushed as regularly as you should. How to stop tooth from hurting?
Query: Hello doctor,I am 18 years old and due to many personal reasons, I have not brushed my teeth regularly as you should, I might have brushed 10 times in the last two years. I cannot see a dentist due to my situation but I want to change my life now that I am older. My top left molar hurts a little whe...  Read Full »
Dr. Purva Jingar
Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. We will not judge. It is alright. You can still have your teeth in good condition but you have to keep brushing twice every day. Just follow this. Take Amoxicillin or Augmentin 500 mg tablet twice a day after meal for three days. Take one multivitamin tablet ever...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Regular Brushing? We have medical experts to help you right away.