Rheumatoid Factor

Related Terms: Rheumatoid Arthritis, Joint Pain, Anti-ccp, Arthritis, Ana Test, Crp, Physiotherapy

Is there nothing that can be done about the pain from scoliosis and hypermobility?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 26 year old female. My height is 5'1" and I weigh 53 Kg. I have had pain in all joints. I also experience pain in the spine between shoulders and down to my tailbone since 2010, on and off. I have finally seen a rheumatologist. The doctor said I have scoliosis, minor spondyloart...  Read Full »
Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It looks like your doctor is treating you for Rheumatoid arthritis. However, what is not clear is the fact that how this conclusion was arrived at. Have they done these tests - ESR, CRP, Rheumatoid Factor blood test, Anti-CCP antibodies test? How long does the morning sti...  Read Full »

Can arthritis be the reason for ankle and wrist pain?
Query: Hi doctor, I get pain in my joints like ankle and wrist occasionally. It goes off when I take Mobizox but comes after a few days again. Also, it goes off when I do massage or when I use compression glove. My uric acid is 10 mg/dL, and it is in a higher range. Does this pain occur due to increased u...  Read Full »
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have arthralgia, and it is not arthritis. This condition will have pain along with swelling. It is unlikely to occur due to uric acid. You need to do a few tests which include RF (rheumatoid factor), ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate), CRP (C-reactive protein), an...  Read Full »

I have joint pain since delivery, especially in my hands. What could be the reason?
Query: Hello doctor,I am 33 and since having my baby a year ago I am suffering from joint pain, especially in my wrists and fingers. I have pins and needles sensation at times and writing is becoming difficult. I just got my reports and have elevated CRP and low folate. Any idea what could be wrong?  Read Full »
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post. You have pain in the small joints of your body with an elevated CRP (C-reactive protein) level. I suggest you go for an investigation to rule out rheumatoid arthritis. Do anti-CCP (anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide) and RF (Rheumatoid factor)...  Read Full »

My full body feels numb when I wake up. What could be wrong?
Query: Hello doctor, I have chronic paresthesia. My full body feels like dead in sleep. When I wake up and reposition myself, it will take time for the blood to start flowing from my leg to upper body. I can feel it flowing and entering my kidneys, liver, etc. I had this issue for a long time but it was n...  Read Full »
Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read carefully through your question and would explain that your symptoms could be related to a sleep disorder or thyroid gland dysfunction. A connective tissue disorder (arthritis) cannot be excluded either. For this reason, I recommend performing a polysomnogra...  Read Full »

Will long time steroid use for RA prevent me from having children?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 28 year old male. I have been diagnosed with RA. And another rheumatologist told me I do not have enough symptoms for RA. However, I have been using Methylprednisolone 4 mg for almost four years every day. And this helps me completely get rid of any problems. If I do not take i...  Read Full »
Dr. Naval Mendiratta
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, it is a tough spot you are on. It will be difficult for a new rheumatologist to diagnose if you are already on steroids and the symptoms get masked. But I will try to simplify it for you here. Could you let me know the results of rheumatoid factor, anti-CCP an...  Read Full »

Can shoulder fracture during childhood cause pain now?
Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from pain in my right shoulder, hip, knee, foot and lower back. I have a bunion on my right foot. I sometimes feel that my hip is not in place and if moved wrong it will result in knee pain. I broke my collar bone as a child and I am not sure if that would be causing any sh...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The cause of your pain could be arthritis, low calcium levels and stress. But, looking at your symptoms it is most probably due to osteoarthritis. Clavicle or collar bone fracture does not present with such symptoms so late. I would suggest you to consult an orthopedician...  Read Full »

Why am I having joint pain?
Query: Hello doctor, I have pain in the joints.  Read Full »
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post, you have not mentioned which joints are paining and whether you have swelling of joints also. Your vitamin D level is low (attachment removed to protect patient identity) so you need to start taking supplements for it (capsule Lumia 60k) onc...  Read Full »

What medicines can be taken for pain in the joints of fingers, knees, and toes?
Query: Hello doctor, I had very mild pain in my finger joints about 10 days ago. But, with due course of time, I also developed pain in knee joints which is mild to severe and also a mild pain in the toes of the foot. I am also having a headache. Further, I took Sinarest last night and in the mo...  Read Full »
Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are a number of causes that clinically present with symptoms like joint pains and fever. The few conditions are chikungunya and rheumatic fever. A detailed history needs to be obtained and I advise you to go for blood investigation like CB...  Read Full »

I have ankle and calf muscle pain. Could it be RA?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 38 year old male, suffering from RA from the last two years and recently started the treatment with an orthopedic doctor for AVN of the hip. I have been told by my orthopedician at icliniq to consult a rheumatologist for my ankle and calf muscle pain, and for my RA medication an...  Read Full »
Dr. Durgesh Srivastava
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. After going through the details of your query, there are a few things to be clarified first. You have not mentioned any involvement of the small joints of hands, wrists or feet. The joints you have mentioned only include large joints. If it is really so, then the likel...  Read Full »

How can arthritis be confirmed?
Query: Hello doctor, Kindly confirm if I am arthritic from the available reports.  Read Full »
Dr. Naval Mendiratta
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Could you provide me with some of your symptoms? I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your inflammation markers are very high (erythrocyte sedimentation rate and C-reactive protein). So, it does indicate either there is ...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Rheumatoid Factor? We have medical experts to help you right away.