Rib Pain

Related Terms: Chest Pain, Gastritis, Costochondritis, Chest X- Ray, Rib Fracture, Acid Reflux, Nerve Compression, Pantoprazole

I have digestive issues after gallbladder was taken out. Is it a serious condition?
Query: Hello doctor, I am female, nonsmoker, 37 years old. I had my gallbladder out four years ago. I had a lot of digestive issues (rib pain, burning feeling in the tummy, etc). After several adjustments by a chiropractor and acupuncture specialist, the issues went away. They still come back occasionally...  Read Full »
Dr. Arshad Hussain Shah
Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do not worry. I do not think there is anything serious. Usually, throat lumps are associated with difficulty in swallowing or drinking. But if you feel a lump like feeling in the throat, it is better to consult an E.N.T doctor. He will examine your oral cavity and th...  Read Full »

Do you feel that the enhancement of a rib on MRI is due to metastasis?
Query: Hi, I had a routine MRI for the history of treated breast cancer, and that showed enhancement on a rib. What would cause this? I had rib pain following a bad cough and cold.  Read Full »
Dr. Vivek Chail

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, it is possible that you might have mild fractures of ribs due to excessive coughing. Can you please upload the images. I will look at the pictures and then give a detailed opinion. Revert with the images to a radiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-do...  Read Full »

My ESR is too high. Do you think I have multiple myeloma?
Query: Hi doctor, My ESR is too high that is 25 mm/hr. Granulocytes % is high and lymphocytes % is low. The main thing is the RDW is low. I am having too much body pain and leg pain in my body. Even pain-killers not working at all. Too much pain. I am having trouble to move my arms and legs when I wake up...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The chronic whole body pain does not necessarily mean leukemia. Your CBC report is within limits as attached herewith (attachment removed to protect patient identity). For your condition, your physical examination first should be done in the form of liver, spleen and...  Read Full »

Am I having subdural hematoma or recovery from head trauma?
Query: Hello doctor, I fell to the side of car four months back and have symptoms of memory problems. Also, some mental confusion, lights, and difficulty reading. No headaches. I did have an odd spell of paraesthesia that lasted five minutes a week or so after head injury. I inched better. Then next month ...  Read Full »
Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read carefully your question and would explain that your symptoms are not typical of a dural hematoma. You should know that this disorder, usually causes progressive worsening symptoms like a headache, nausea, gait imbalances, limb numbness or weakness, somnolence ...  Read Full »

Raise in troponin level has high chance of mortality. Is that true?
Query: Hi doctor, Six months back, I had an echocardiogram and a CT angiogram. My initial troponin T level was 0.44. After six hours it dropped back down to below 0.10. My test results from the CT angiogram were normal and the calcium level was 0. My echo was also normal. I wore a monitor for seven days an...  Read Full »
Dr. Amit Arora

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all I would like to make it clear that raise in troponin level is not criteria whether a person will live 1-3 year. Somebody had totally misguided you and you are getting panic unnecessarily. Secondly, I will clear your doubt step by step. But, before ...  Read Full »

Manual or Manipulative Therapy for Orthopedic Problems - An Alternative Treatment
Article Overview: Manual therapy or manipulative therapy is a hands-on therapy for many major as well as minor disorders for the bone and muscles, and stiff joints.  Read Article »
Dr. Shwetanjali Gandhe
Physiotherapist

Manipulative therapy is a widely used treatment procedure implemented by physiotherapists and occupational therapists. The treatment protocol uses specific methods aimed to relieve pain and discomfort and at the same time not cause any untoward harm to the patient physically by using the doctor's ha ...  Read Article »

I have rib cage pain whenever I take a deep breath. What could be wrong?
Query: Hello doctor, Every time I am sitting down and taking a deep breath, the left side of my rib cage hurts. Even when I bend over to take a deep breath, it stills hurts and it only happens when I am sitting down, bending over or I am laying on the left side. What could this be? It also feels a little ...  Read Full »
Dr. Ashish Jayanand Chandwadkar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com.  According to your complaints, I think you might have a sore cartilage between the ribs also known as costochondritis unless and until ruled out. If you recently did some heavy workout, lifted something heavy or had a hit on the left part, then the chances of having a...  Read Full »

My left arm is paining and turned purple after a dance practice. Why?
Query: Hello doctor, My entire left arm is paining. I feel like the nerves pop when I finish playing the flute. I went to a dance practice, and my hand was purple, and after I massaged it, it went back to its normal color. What is causing this? What can I do to fix it?  Read Full »
Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This can happen due to a thoracic outlet syndrome or a cervical rib, which can cause compression of nerves and blood vessels and lead to pain and discoloration of the arm and hand. So, I suggest you try doing the following. Get an x-ray of the chest. You need to develop y...  Read Full »

I feel pain and bloating after eating anything. Please help me out.
Query: Hello doctor,After eating my food or anything like dairy products, etc., my stomach bloats and there is pain below the breast on both the side, but mostly on the left side. On touching the ribs, I get pain. I feel something is swollen. It is from a very long time. Please help me out.  Read Full »
Dr. Sultan Zeb Khan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know if you had any weight loss in recent time or used painkillers excessively or had black colored stool or blood with vomit? Do you have vomiting? Or a family history of any stomach cancer? If all these are negative then you are suffering from func...  Read Full »

How to Manage Neck Pain Through Homeopathy?
Article Overview: Homeopathy can treat neck pain or cervical pain. This article narrates the cause, symptoms, investigations, general management and the role of homeopathic medicines in treating these conditions along with yoga practices.  Read Article »
Dr. Ashish Kumar Dixit
Homeopathic Physician

Neck pain or cervical pain is the commonest presenting medical condition in daily practice. The neck is to hold the head while static or in motion. The components of the neck are bone, ligaments, muscles and intervertebral disc. So any injury, inflammation or disease associated with these ...  Read Article »

Do you have a question on Rib Pain? We have medical experts to help you right away.