Ringworm Infections

Related Terms: Fungal Infection, Hair Loss, Acne, Ringworm, Eczema, Sexually Transmitted Diseases, Sexually Transmitted Infections

Ringworm Infections
Article Overview: This article discusses in detail the preventive measures for ringworm infections.  Read Article »
Dr. Vinay Kumar

Medical Name: Tinea corporis This is an infective condition of the skin that is caused by fungus which has tendency to grow fast in the hot, humid regions of the body. Facts About Ringworm Infections: Ring worm infection affects people of all age groups and has a worldwide distribution. It ...  Read Article »

Are the blister on fingers due to ringworm infection?
Query: Hello doctor, I hope you are doing well. A blister kind of wound as appeared on one of my fingers in my left hand. I am sure I did not hurt myself on that finger. It is not itching and painful but it is healing now. The wound is circular in shape. I am taking the attached medications for IBS at the...  Read Full »
Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hi, Welcome to iclinq.com. This is not a fungal infection, looks to be a bacterial infection. The wound has started healing due to antibiotics you are on. It is difficult to comment on the exact cause of lesion. Topically, you may consider the application of Fusidic acid 2 % cream twice daily.  Read Full »

Which Ayurveda medicine can be used for ringworm infection in the groin?
Query: Hello doctor, I have chronic fungal ringworm infection in the groin region. Please suggest some Ayurveda medicine.  Read Full »
Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Ringworm is a skin disease fungal infection. Mostly occurs in wetty areas. Its common symptoms are red skin rash that forms a ring-like structure. That is the area with itching and dryness.  Read Full »

I have ringworm infection for the past seven months. What has to be done?
Query: Hello doctor,I have ringworm for the past seven months. It comes and goes. I have used many creams tablets. No use. But finally, I found a cream named Valerate-C. It is a very effective cream. If I apply it once at night, it solves the itching problem overnight. The infection also reduces for a week...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please take a picture of the lesion and send to us. The cream you are using is a combination of steroid and antifungal. You may get similar creams everywhere. For more information consult an allergy specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/...  Read Full »

I had ringworm infection a year ago, and have it again now. Please suggest a cure.
Query: Hello doctor,One year back, I suffered from ringworm on the jock and legs. I applied Dermikem OC and it helped. After one year, it appeared again on the same spot. I used the same ointment, but it did not help. It started as a very small circle, and after that, it became very big. I then used Clotri...  Read Full »
Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your description, it appears to be tinea cruris, a fungal infection which increases with sweating. You will need to take oral medication as well as apply creams topically. For topical application, I suggest: Luliconazole 1 % cream once daily. Miconazole...  Read Full »

The Manifestation of Ringworm Infection and Its Treatment
Article Overview: I would like to ward off the most common misunderstanding among many people and that is ringworm is not an infection caused by any worm. Ringworm lesions are the most common and also one of the cosmetically annoying fungal lesions. To get to know the ringworm well, we need to go through the basics of it.  Read Article »
Dr. Narendra

Ringworm is a fungal infection, which is called tinea in medical terms. Ringworm, as the name suggests, is the name derived from the pattern of the lesion that develops in this disease. There is a ring-like lesion at one or more sites over the body. The sites could be anywhere in the body like scalp ...  Read Article »

How to treat recurrent ringworm infections?
Query: Hi doctor, I had ringworm infection and itching from many days. When I used Terbinafine cream and tablet along with Cefadroxil tablet for 20 to 30 days, the ringworm and itching totally disappeared. But after a month, it started automatically. What to do?  Read Full »
Dr. Abhilipsa Nanda
Homeopathic Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can see your ringworm infection has reoccurred. There might be some sources from which you are acquiring the infection.There are few minor precautions which you need to take as follows. Do not share clothing, sports gear, towels, or sheets. If you think you ha...  Read Full »

What can I do for a ringworm infection?
Query: Hi doctor, I have ringworm from past three months. I have taken Sebifin for two months and Fungicros cream. But the fungi do not go away completely. It has started blooming in new places. Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Meha Malhotra

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please provide me with more information. Did a dermatologist diagnose the ringworm? What dose of Sebifin (Terbinafine) did you take? Also, did you get your sugar levels tested? If not, get a fasting and post-prandial sugar level done. It would be best if you co...  Read Full »

Am I taking the right medicine for ringworm infection?
Query: Hello doctor, I had ringworm problem for the past three to four months. I used Abzorb - Clotrimazole powder and Betnovate GM cream. It did not stop, but increased spreading to other areas. Then I went to a doctor and he diagnosed it as tinea incognito. He prescribed Terbinafine 250, Levocetirizine ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you are having ringworm infection then you are going on right track. You have applied Betnovate cream (Betamethasone), which is a topical steroid. It usually suppresses or hides your lesion. That is why it gets converted into tinea incognito (fungal infection m...  Read Full »

How can I cure ringworm infection?
Query: Hello doctor, I have ringworms on my face, nose, eyebrows, scalp, jock itch, white spots around the anus that hurt and itch. I get blood when I go to the bathroom, nails rip off easily, always feeling sleepy, swollen lymph nodes and itching all over the body. Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Rabia

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. For how long do you have this problem? This is not ringworm or fungal infection. There are multiple atrophic plaques over the face and arms from your picture. Have you applied anything over them? It looks like it is lupus erythematosus but confirming the diagnosis would...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Ringworm Infections? We have medical experts to help you right away.