Ringworm Manifestation

Related Terms: Ringworm Risk Factors, Fungal Infection, Tinea Corporis, Ringworm Infections, Tinea, Tinea Cruris, Antifungal

The Manifestation of Ringworm Infection and Its Treatment
Article Overview: I would like to ward off the most common misunderstanding among many people and that is ringworm is not an infection caused by any worm. Ringworm lesions are the most common and also one of the cosmetically annoying fungal lesions. To get to know the ringworm well, we need to go through the basics of it.  Read Article »
Dr. Narendra

Ringworm is a fungal infection, which is called tinea in medical terms. Ringworm, as the name suggests, is the name derived from the pattern of the lesion that develops in this disease. There is a ring-like lesion at one or more sites over the body. The sites could be anywhere in the body like scalp ...  Read Article »

What can I do for a ringworm infection?
Query: Hi doctor, I have ringworm from past three months. I have taken Sebifin for two months and Fungicros cream. But the fungi do not go away completely. It has started blooming in new places. Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Meha Malhotra

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please provide me with more information. Did a dermatologist diagnose the ringworm? What dose of Sebifin (Terbinafine) did you take? Also, did you get your sugar levels tested? If not, get a fasting and post-prandial sugar level done. It would be best if you co...  Read Full »

How to treat recurrent ringworm infections?
Query: Hi doctor, I had ringworm infection and itching from many days. When I used Terbinafine cream and tablet along with Cefadroxil tablet for 20 to 30 days, the ringworm and itching totally disappeared. But after a month, it started automatically. What to do?  Read Full »
Dr. Abhilipsa Nanda
Homeopathic Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can see your ringworm infection has reoccurred. There might be some sources from which you are acquiring the infection.There are few minor precautions which you need to take as follows. Do not share clothing, sports gear, towels, or sheets. If you think you ha...  Read Full »

I had ringworm infection a year ago, and have it again now. Please suggest a cure.
Query: Hello doctor,One year back, I suffered from ringworm on the jock and legs. I applied Dermikem OC and it helped. After one year, it appeared again on the same spot. I used the same ointment, but it did not help. It started as a very small circle, and after that, it became very big. I then used Clotri...  Read Full »
Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your description, it appears to be tinea cruris, a fungal infection which increases with sweating. You will need to take oral medication as well as apply creams topically. For topical application, I suggest: Luliconazole 1 % cream once daily. Miconazole...  Read Full »

Do you have Ringworm - The Do's and Don’Ts
Article Overview: Fungal infections (tinea) are common in routine dermatology practice and they tend to become recurrent even with adequate medications if proper skin care measures are not followed. This article provide details about the Ringworm, the sites where it commonly affecting, how does it looks like, symptoms, the do's and the dont's.  Read Article »
Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Tinea or ringworm is a fungal infection caused by a group of fungus known as dermatophytes. The name 'ringworm' is a misnomer and they are not caused by worms. The name is due to the ring-like appearance of the rash. What Are the Sites Commonly Affected by Ringworm? It can involve any body site f ...  Read Article »

Do you have a question on Ringworm Manifestation? We have medical experts to help you right away.