Road Traffic Accidents

Is there any emergency observed in this head CT scan report?

Query: Hi doctor, The patient met with an accident. She is 47 years old. In the accident, she had a collar bone fracture and a hit in the back of the brain. The back of the head is bulging and some spots are observed in the brain CT scan. I have attached the head CT scan report for your reference. Please h...  Read Full »

Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas

Neuro Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.  I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help you. I understand that the patient has been involved in an RTA (road traffic accident) and that there is a collection of fluid within the brain. Can you please specify your e...  Read Full »

Please help my husband to come out of alcohol addiction.

Query: Hi doctor, My husband has been addicted to alcohol. He gives many reasons like he wished to become an IAS officer, but failed without support. He is good at work. He feels bored when there is no work. He is allergic to Insulin. He does not take any medicine. He needs help.  Read Full »

Dr. Pankaj Mittal

Answer: Hi doctor, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have not given much information regarding your husband's problem. First, I need to know about his education, occupation, history of marital adjustment, etc. Second, since how many years he is taking alcohol? How much amount he is taking? What happens when he le...  Read Full »

Is there any ayurvedic treatment for quadriplegia?

Query: Hello doctor, My 66 year old dad got traumatic quadriplegia after a road traffic accident. He underwent cervical decompression and laminectomy. There is a little improvement in his hands, neck, and shoulder movements. But, his legs are not moving at all. Will he ever be able to move his legs again...  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query and saw the MRI report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There is no doubt that your dad needs constant care and assistance in his daily living and no guarantee can be given regarding his recovery. However, many patients do recove...  Read Full »

What is the best treatment to remove accident scars on the face?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a hypertrophic scar on the left side of my face due to a road traffic accident from five years ago. I had undergone a scar revision surgery four years back but, no improvement was seen. So, I had a Z-plasty surgery two years back with a 40 % improvement. But, it is still visib...  Read Full »

Dr. Vikram

Cosmetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can try fractional RF (radio-frequency) or laser resurfacing for further improvement. But do not expect complete removal of the scar. A scar once formed will remain forever. You cannot remove it completely. It can only be made less conspicuous at a visible distanc...  Read Full »

How to Extend Your Healthy Life Years!!!

Article Overview: This article is all about your health and risk factors for major diseases that cause a reduction to the healthy years of human life. Everyone can spend a life, free of preventable diseases. Read Article »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

I would like to start with a very famous quote of George Burns (1896-1996) "Death is not popular, it is not good for the complexion, and it leaves you with too much time on your hands". Do you know how many diseases are there to cause the trouble for humanity today? Yes, there are more than 100,00 ... Read Article »

I still have lot of pain and back stiffness weeks after a fracture. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 30 year old female. I fractured my pelvis in a car accident on the 7th. I was on crutches for six weeks and am now walking the past few weeks without. The fracture was a tiny hairline fracture of the sacrum and another two hairline fractures on the side towards the hip. No fractur...  Read Full »

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The pain what you have could be due to SI (sacroiliac) joint which in turn may inhibit butt muscles and develop spasm. I suggest you do a lot of icing on the sacrum and on the butt muscles frequently, for 15 minutes every two hours once possibly. Since there is a f...  Read Full »

Three weeks after a concussion, I still get headaches. Is it something bad?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 27 year old female. I am currently taking Protonix for GERD caused by a low-functioning gallbladder that needs surgery for removal. However, three weeks ago, I had sustained a concussion. This is my second concussion. My first one came two years ago when I had a small brain hemorrh...  Read Full »

Dr. Eris Ranxha

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry for the accident and the health problem you are suffering from. In my opinion, your health situation is due to the earlier accident, and it is called post-traumatic disorder, which is fully treatable. Just because earlier you suffered a brain hemorrhage afte...  Read Full »

Kindly help me interpret my father-in-law's MRI reports taken following an accident.

Query: Hello doctor,My father-in-law had a motorcycle accident two days ago and has injuries all over his body. He had his CT done today. I am attaching his report with this query. Kindly help me interpret it.  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The MRI brain report of your father-in-law is suggestive of a soft tissue injury on the right side of the head. But, there is no evidence of injury or bleeding inside the brain. I would like t...  Read Full »

Arthritis in Its Many Forms

Article Overview: Arthritis is defined as the inflammation of a joint. There are various types of arthritis and despite their similarities, they can be differentiated from one another based on a number of factors. Early detection and treatment of each kind are important for conserving the functions of the joints involved. Read Article »

Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Rheumatologist

What to think when you have a swollen, red and painful joint? Here are some of the common conditions that cause a swollen painful joint. 1. Gout It is a condition characterized by the deposition of monosodium urate crystals in the joint. Commonly affected joints are - the first metatarsophalangeal ... Read Article »

All the answers published in the forum are given by leading doctors, therapists and health experts.