Root Canal Treatment

Related Terms: Dental Scaling, Tooth Cavity, Tooth Extraction, Toothache, Cosmetic Dental Procedures, Tooth Decay, Tooth Extraction (Removal)

Can root canal treatment help reduce swelling around infected teeth?
Query: Hi doctor, I have placed caps in my two teeth. Now, I got swelling around the teeth. X-ray has been taken. The doctor told me that there is some infection in the teeth, so it needs a root canal to be done. I do not have any pain in the teeth. I have only swelling in the teeth. Please suggest what t...  Read Full »
Dr. Naveen Thomas
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Pain will come back after a few days if the root canal treatment is not done for the infected teeth. It is better to do a root canal treatment in the teeth as soon as possible as the pain can become unbearable. Such swelling come due to nerves that get rotten inside the...  Read Full »

Is root canal treatment necessary if there is no pain in the tooth?
Query: Hello doctor,Approximately one year back, my left chewing tooth got a small hole due to something which I bit. So, that became a tooth decay, over there it looks black. I recently consulted a dentist. So, he suggested a root canal but I do not have any pain nor loose of teeth and also I am afraid of...  Read Full »
Dr. Naveen Thomas
Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If the cavity is deep, the root canal treatment is necessary to save it. Else, it will have to be pulled out later. If it is not too deep then you should ask him whether first a temporary filling can be given and if there is no pain even after one month, it can be r...  Read Full »

Can root canal treatment be done on a small kid?
Query: Hello doctor, My 2-1/2-year-old son has a problem with four teeth (front, above) and doctors are suggesting RCT (root canal treatment). Here are my questions. Can RCT be done for such a small child? Will it affect his next teeth at around 7 years of age? Is there any alternate for RCT ...  Read Full »
Dr. Naveen Thomas
Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If he is not cooperating then root canal treatment is very difficult for him and he would need to be sedated. You can delay the treatment by taking antibiotics and paracetamol for a week. This will give relief for some months. Also, use a good toothpaste to prevent...  Read Full »

Can I have root canal treatment for cracked molar?
Query: Hi doctor, I had a cracked molar tooth. My dentist drilled it down and put on a temporary. We waited for a week and the temporary hurt. He decided that I need crown lengthening, which I had done. I went back to the dentist after it healed for three weeks and had an impression for a crown. He had to ...  Read Full »
Dr. Geeth Sadasivam
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read through your complaint and the relevant details. A cracked tooth can be root canal treated depending on the direction of the crack within the tooth especially if it involves the vital part of the tooth called the pulp. The pulp is the vital part. When it is in...  Read Full »

Sodium Hypochlorite Accidents During Root Canal Treatment
Article Overview: This article discusses about sodium hypochlorite accidents during root canal treatment.  Read Article »
Dr. Shwetha Hegde
Dentist

Sodium hypochlorite (NaOCl) can be commonly found in a dentist's office. It is used as an irrigant during root canal treatments as it dissolves organic soft tissue of pulp and predentin. It is usually used in a dilution of 0.5% or less. Higher concentrations of sodium hypochlorite are cytotoxic. It ...  Read Article »

Do I need a root canal treatment compulsorily?
Query: Hi doctor, I had a cavity in the tooth. The X-rays show it was small but when the dentist drilled the nerve got exposed and is telling me I need a root canal along with crown. He has put a temporary filling for now. How do I know if I need a root canal for sure?  Read Full »
Dr. Prerna Jain
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If the nerve/pulp of the tooth is exposed, there is no other course of treatment except root canal treatment. You can confirm the same using x-ray, IOPA of the tooth. If no treatment is continued or a permanent filling is placed, the tooth will continue to experience p...  Read Full »

Will root canal be done in a broken tooth?
Query: Hello doctor, I am meant to be having a root canal filling in one of my teeth. I have had it temporarily filled twice and now it has fallen out but it feels like there is only one side of my tooth almost like it has broken in half. Will they still do the root canal filling?  Read Full »
Dr. Muzaffer Hissain Parray
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your question. I can understand your concern. Yes, if the root stem is strong and not resorbed, root canal treatment can be performed, after that, if the crown tissue is grossly damaged they will do another procedure called post and core treatment. S...  Read Full »

Pain is not subsiding after root canal treatment. What to do?
Query: Hi doctor, Three weeks ago, I had my root canal treatment done. Pain is not subsiding. Please advise. I have enclosed latest x-ray for your reference.  Read Full »
Dr. Naveen Thomas
Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your root canal treatment has become failure and is evident in the radiograph (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Kindly repeat root canal therapy or you will eventually need to extract it as the material has gone very deep. The material is extending b...  Read Full »

I am feeling pain after root canal treatment. Why?
Query: Hi doctor, I had minor tooth pain before and got a composite filling. Then, I had extreme pain and opted for root canal treatment. I had a root canal before three days. I feel extreme pain and my tooth is still sensitive to cold. Is it possible that the nerve was not completely removed? Also, it h...  Read Full »
Dr. Geeth Sadasivam
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your doubt is partially right. The root canal treated tooth might get some entrapped bacteria, which causes you pain. It cannot be straight away told that the nerve was not completely removed. There are some reasons for postoperative pain. Improper shaping of the canal, ...  Read Full »

Is extraction better than repeating root canal treatment?
Query: Hi doctor, I have infection on tooth number 14. I have been thinking about extraction versus retreatment. It is an 11 years old root canal treated tooth. A crown was placed on it 2 years ago. After that, once in a while it happened to become sore. Two months ago, another crown was placed on my low...  Read Full »
Dr. Sandeep Menon
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for sending across the x-ray (attachment removed to protect patient identity). One of the roots has a huge abscess. The reason is that, it is only half filled. Half of the infected pulp is still inside. This actually can be retreated. But, it might require more ...  Read Full »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Root Canal Treatment? We have medical experts to help you right away.