Routine Health Checkup

Related Terms: Vitamin D, Benefits Of Exercises, Vitamin Deficiency, Diabetes, Hypertension, Cholesterol, Exercises

Kindly give your opinion on the routine health checkup report of my mother.
Query: Hi doctor, I am seeking your medical opinion on the routine health checkup done for my mother. She is 76 years old. There is no major health issue like sugar or heart problem. She is mildly hypertensive and is on medication for the last 15 years. Here, I have attached her routine checkup report for ...  Read Full »
Dr. Prathap

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the reports of your mother (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The only thing of concern here is raised fasting blood sugar 140. You need to perform an oral GTT (oral glucose tolerance test ) to confirm this. As she is aged above 70, kind...  Read Full »

Are there any problems in my routine health checkup reports?
Query: Hello doctor, I have no issues as such but not feeling fit. I am more concerned about my health. I would like to know whether my routine checkup results are alright or not. I have no symptoms of any kind. I have taken ayurveda treatment for SGPT, SGOT, and high protein. I am attaching my reports fo...  Read Full »
Dr. Divakara P

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and came across a few significant values. Elevated uric acid can increase the risk of kidney stones and joint pains. I would suggest you have plenty of water and avoid having non-vegetarian...  Read Full »

Does RBC count of 6 to 8/hpf in urine report mean UTI?
Query: Hello doctor, My 64 years old mom was recently diagnosed with ovarian cysts and is undergoing a hysterectomy plus oophorectomy two days later. During the same routine health checkup when her cysts were diagnosed, her urine report showed RBC of 6 to 8/hpf. Is this a possible UTI? And if it is, why s...  Read Full »
Dr. Shahil Khant
Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. RBC (red blood cells) in urine does not mean UTI (urinary tract infection). Pus cell in urine indicates UTI. Up to five pus cells per HPF are normal. 2 to 4 is in your case. So, it is not UTI. There are many causes of RBC in urine. Is she on any blood thinners, like...  Read Full »

I am taking Amlodipine for BP. Do I need to change the medication?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 30 years old. My BP is 180/90. After consulting a physician I am taking tablet Amlong 5 mg one full in the morning and half in the night. Post using this tablet my BP is 120/80 and sometimes shoots up to 140/80. I am on this medication for the past two years. I got a complete routi...  Read Full »
Dr. Divakara P

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. BP (blood pressure) of 180/90 in spite of using tablet Amlong (Amlodipine) is not acceptable. Presently, there is no need to change the medicine. Just increase the dose of tablet Amlong to 10mg twice a day. Recheck your BP after 2 weeks. Tablet Amlong use...  Read Full »

Will blood donation affect blood test results?
Query: Hi doctor, I have a few queries about blood donation. I am traveling abroad for joining a new company there and I will have medical tests, which includes blood tests for all lipid profile, cholesterol, liver tests, hemoglobin, WBC, RBC, platelets, etc., and for HIV, hepatitis, etc. I am a regular bl...  Read Full »
Dr. Sugandh Garg

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Blood donation will not affect your blood reports. However, for blood donation your medical reports that is overall health should be good and that includes all tests to be normal irrespective of blood donation. For what ailment are you taking the hormone testosterone...  Read Full »

Is regular running bad for heart?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 40 year old female. I am an avid runner. I run 5 to 7 miles daily. Is this bad for my heart? I keep reading that I could be damaging my heart instead of hurting it. I have tried only running 3 to 4 miles instead of the longer mileage, and it makes me crabby. I have no heart dise...  Read Full »
Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Jogging is a good exercise, and it benefits the whole body including the cardiovascular system. So, you need not worry about this.Regarding exercise, it is best to change the pace of physical activity such as running, jogging, etc. Running at a smooth, fast pace is not so...  Read Full »

I am gaining weight only around midsection. What to do?
Query: Hi doctor, I feel tired, fatigued with low sexual libido and insomnia. I have gained weight only around the midsection with love handles and belly. I think I have low testosterone. What to do?  Read Full »
Dr. Deep Dutta
Endocrinologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is important for you to control your calorie intake. I need your height and weight to calculate the appropriate calorie requirement for you per day. Avoid fat and red meat. I encourage green leafy vegetables and fruits. Also, you need to walk at least 10,000 steps in a...  Read Full »

The monocytes and ESR values in my wife's hemogram report are abnormal. Why?
Query: Hello doctor, Me and my wife got an annual blood test done. Few of my wife's results are off the radar. She is 30 years old, and she had a mild cough when the tests were done. She becomes tired very easily. In the attached hemogram report, her monocytes are 0 and ESR is 80. Rest of the tests inc...  Read Full »
Dr. Rahul Rathee
General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern, but after a detailed evaluation of your wife's reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), I would say there is nothing to worry. Only monocytes levels are low, it does not mean much. It does not cause anything serious if ...  Read Full »

Is heart attack genetic?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 30 year old female. My father who is 65 years old has suffered from two very severe heart attacks, one recently and another two years back. His father and brother both died in their 50s from heart attacks. Is heart attack genetic? Should my son and I get tested?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, heart attack has a genetic component coupled with environmental elements like lifestyle, etc. Your chance of acquiring it depends on both of your parents. Likewise, your son acquiring it depends on you and your husband. But you are at an increased risk, so you...  Read Full »

Palliative Care in Heart Failure
Article Overview: Palliative care for end-stage heart failure relieves symptoms, improves patient satisfaction and decreases the care costs. But, only a small fraction of end-stage heart failure patients receive palliative care consultation.  Read Article »
Dr. Karim Hnid

Heart failure is a condition, which has a set of symptoms where the heart cannot provide the blood flow necessary for the needs of the body. Heart failure usually develops slowly after a heart damage caused by a heart attack or excessive heart fatigue after years of untreated hypertension or valvulo ...  Read Article »

Do you have a question on Routine Health Checkup? We have medical experts to help you right away.