Rubella

Related Terms: Torch Test, Conception And Pregnancy, Igg Positive, Vaccination, Cytomegalovirus, Pregnancy Health, D And C

Rubella IgG tests were reactive. Is it too risky to get pregnant?
Query: Hello doctor, I had three miscarriages. I did TORCH test twice. Now that I went to my doctor she told me not to get pregnant since my rubella IgG tests came out to be reactive. In the first TORCH test, my rubella IgG value was 65.1. In the second TORCH test, my rubella IgG value was 277. I did the ...  Read Full »
Dr. Ravinder Kaur Khurana Kaur Khurana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do not worry. With recurrent miscarriage, you do not require to go for TORCH test as it is responsible for sporadic losses and not a recurrent one. Have you been immunized against rubella in childhood by receiving MMR at 16 to 18 months? The levels of 277 suggest t...  Read Full »

Does 'rubella IgG reactive' indicate any infection?
Query: Hello doctor, My wife had her last period two months back. We got married nine days later. Her period skipped for last month. Some bleeding is happening once in a day for past two days. But, it is in small amount only. We visited the doctor; she suggested tests. We did all the tests like CBC, Hb, r...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If pregnancy has been ruled out already, then the delay is likely to be stress induced. However, it is important to learn if she has any hormonal imbalances and ever had irregular menses or not with possible causes being hypothyroidism, hyperprolactinemia or PCOD (po...  Read Full »

Can rubella of 3 IU/mL affect my pregnancy?
Query: Hello doctor, My rubella is 3 IU/mL non-reactive and I am six-weeks pregnant. Do I have rubella infection? Are there any chances of any birth defects?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Rubella is a serious infection to affect pregnancy. Your blood report only states that you had a rubella infection only some time in life. It does not seem to be an active infection. You get it only once. So all you need to know is that that was an infection ...  Read Full »

If rubella IgG is positive, am I at the risk of TORCH infection?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 4 months pregnant. I had a TORCH test before two years as I met with miscarriage. The TORCH results were rubella IgG positive 19.56, rubella IgM non-reactive, CMV IgG reactive (738.65) and CMV IgM antibody non-reactive. I want to know whether I am at the risk of TORCH infection? Am ...  Read Full »
Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the query and images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You are not at risk of TORCH infection (toxoplasmosis, other, rubella, cytomegalovirus and herpes infection), so relax and do not worry. If it would have been the IgM posi...  Read Full »

Will my high Rubella IgG and CMV IgG values affect my pregnancy?
Query: Hello doctor, I had a TORCH test after 12 weeks of pregnancy. It showed Rubella IgG and CMV IgG to be high, but the Rubella IgM and the CMV IgM were normal. Please advice.  Read Full »
Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The presence of high levels of IgG antibodies during pregnancy usually is indicative of a past infection and this is not a pinpoint diagnosis. The levels are rechecked after two weeks or so. We then compare the new levels with the old ones, and if they are higher, th...  Read Full »

I had rubella test in three places and the results are different. Why?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 32-year-old female. Recently, I got tested for rubella. I checked it in three places, and they showed different results. I am testing it as I am willing to get conceived. My first test result showed IgG of 6, and the other result showed IgG of 5. All the three results showed a neg...  Read Full »
Dr. Kks
Hematologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). As per the laboratory reports, one thing is clear that you are not immune to rubella as the titers of IgG are below the required level. You are in a safer zone as you have appropriately...  Read Full »

I had a possible rubella infection during early pregnancy. Will my baby's health be affected?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 27 year old married woman, who weighs 75 kg, and I am 5.6 feet tall. I am trying to conceive from last year, but ever since I started to try, my regular menstrual cycle of 28 days got delayed by 6 to 10 days. During my last periods, I noticed some red rashes on my face and up...  Read Full »
Dr. Manish Purohit
Microbiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern, and I have seen all your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).  Variation in the results from various labs can be seen because of difference in the instrument, kits, reagents, techniques, etc. But, the overall result i...  Read Full »

My TORCH test came positive for rubella IgG. Is this the cause for my miscarriages?
Query: Hi doctor,I am 28 years. I have a history of three miscarriages all at 6, 5, and 5 weeks. My torch test came positive for Rubella IgG. Others were nonreactive. Other investigations were normal. I am asking if this could be the cause because I am confused.  Read Full »
Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concerns. Rubella IgG antibodies indicate either previous old infection or vaccinated status. It is not the cause of the repeated miscarriages. There are many causes of multiple miscarriages most commonly antiphospholipid syndrome. I suggest: ...  Read Full »

How long should I avoid pregnancy after rubella vaccination?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 30 year old female and planning for a first pregnancy. Thereby across, I came to know about rubella test. I have gone through this test recently and it came out to be non-reactive IgG less than 3 IU/mL and IgM is less than 10 IU/mL. Should I go for its vaccination? If yes, then h...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you can go for rubella vaccination. You should avoid pregnancy for at least 3 months after that. You may practice barrier contraception till then or a hormonal contraception can be opted from the second month. For further information consult an obstetrician and gy...  Read Full »

Can I plan a pregnancy if I am rubella IgG positive?
Query: Hello doctor,I am rubella IgG positive 118.90 IU/mL and cytomegalovirus positive 8.87 IU/mL. What does it mean? Can I plan to get pregnant now?  Read Full »
Dr. Richa Agarwal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query and understand your concern. It means that you are either immune, vaccinated or had a recent infection. To rule out a recent infection, you have to repeat the titer after one week. If it does not increase, you can plan for pregnancy. Hope this h...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Rubella? We have medical experts to help you right away.