S-adenosyl Methionine

Related Terms: 5-htpn, Anti Anxiety Drugs, Antidepressants, Anxiety, Depression, Ginseng, Ginseng Uses

Suffering from osteopenia and osteoarthritis. Taking AcuCal and FreeFlex. Is it safe to take SAM(S Adenosyl Methionine) to enhance mobility?
Query: Dear Doctor,  My mother is 66 years old. She is having Trigeminal Neuralgia and for which she is taking Lyrica 75mg, Tegritol CR 400 and Symbal 30. And other medication details as below: For Cholesetrol -> Storfib -10mg. For BP -> seloken xl 100mg and amlodac 5mg. For Urinary Incontinence -&g...  Read Full »
Dr. Mohan Krishna

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq and thanks for the query. She can take SAM or MSM (Any one of them). SAM is a safe medication. It is a cartilage protective drug and will help her improve some of the pain in osteoarthritis. For osteoarthritis: you have to remember that these medications like free flex, colla...  Read Full »

Can you recommend natural supplements to help treat depression?
Query: Hello doctor, My 17-year-old son is mildly depressed. This is not a surprise since I have been suffering with depression for 40 years. Can you recommend natural supplements that he could take to boost his mood and energy?  Read Full »
Dr. Ramchandra Lamba
Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are different supplements or natural products used in the management of depression. S-Adenosyl-methionine (SAM) is a metabolite of Amino acids which has mood elevation property and can be used in 200 to 1600 mg per day in divided doses. 5-Hydr...  Read Full »

Will 5-HTPn help to increase serotonin level? Suffering from sleeping problem, depression and anxieties.
Query: Dear Doctor, I have a problem of sleeping at a scheduled time. I always sleep in a different time and it is getting delayed every day, like a cycle. For example: If today I sleep at 9:00 pm, in few days I will be sleeping at 10:00 pm. And in a few weeks, I would sleep at 4:00 AM. I also have depress...  Read Full »
Dr. Ashish Khandelwal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.Yes. There is relation between low serotonin level and depression and anxiety. What is more important is how significant symptoms of these problem you have, how much are you distressed from these and whether they cause interference in your daily life (socio occupational de...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on S-adenosyl Methionine? We have medical experts to help you right away.