Medical Advice on "Salicylic Acid"

If you had acne then the application of 2% salicylic acid face wash does help. But, using the same for four years is not advisable as it leads to constant peeling of the skin and makes the skin photosensitive. Continue using sunscreen in morning. Kindly send images … View thread »

Clobetasol propionate is a mild steroid used to suppress inflammation and salicylic acid is a desquamating agent used to remove dead skin with a mild antiseptic property. If you have been prescribed this ointment by a dermatologist, you can go ahead with it otherwise … View thread »

I have gone through your complaints. You should start with shampoo containing Salicylic acid and Ketoconazole. Use it every alternate day in the beginning. Once you notice improvement gradually taper it to twice weekly and then once weekly. Along with this apply … View thread »

I have reviewed the attached photographs (attachments removed to protect patient identity). I would recommend you to use Salicylic acid face wash twice daily and apply Benzoyl peroxide 2.5 percent gel twice daily on the affected areas. Along with this take a course of … View thread »

It could be a premenstrual flare of acne. I suggest you wash your face twice daily. Use Saslic DS (Salicylic acid topical) face wash in the morning, and Acnedap plus (Dapsone) gel at night. Hope it helps. If you have any other question, please do not hesitate to … View thread »

It is sebopsoriasis of the scalp (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I suggest a shampoo containing Coal tar and Salicylic acid on alternate day and keep it for 5 to 7 minutes on the hair and then wash. There is no evidence of familial type of hair loss … View thread »

Flaky scalp not responding to Noskurf (combination of Climbazole, Piroctone Olamine, Aminodermine, and almond oil) lotion may be scalp psoriasis and need steroid plus Salicylic acid 6 % combination lotion. The pain is due to hair root inflammation, which is commonly … View thread »

I can understand your concern. You need to take proper medicine for the treatment of pimples so that dark spots will not appear. Use a Salicylic acid face wash twice daily and apply Benzoyl peroxide 2.5 percent gel on the pimples twice daily. Along with this take a … View thread »

Please send image and revert back to see the extent of involvement. Do you suffer from scalp itching? I suggest Sebamed anti-dandruff shampoo (Piroctone Olamine) or Salisia KT shampoo (Salicylic acid) twice a week for a month. Tablet Adgain (Biotin) once daily for two … View thread »

I have gone through your query and viewed the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I can see dry, raised, hyperpigmented, scaly lesions. This is lichen simplex chronicus (LSC) and is usually itchy. The ointment with Betamethasone and Salicylic acid … View thread »

Do you have a question on Salicylic Acid? We have experts to help you right away.