Medical Advice on "Salicylic Acid"

Isotretinoin is a wonderful medicine for acne. The typical course of Isotretinoin ranges from three to four months, depending on the acne response to the medicine. The dose of Isotretinoin depends on your weight. Isotretinoin shrinks the oil-producing glands, and … View thread »

If you had acne then the application of 2% salicylic acid face wash does help. But, using the same for four years is not advisable as it leads to constant peeling of the skin and makes the skin photosensitive. Continue using sunscreen in morning. Kindly send … View thread »

Clobetasol propionate is a mild steroid used to suppress inflammation and salicylic acid is a desquamating agent used to remove dead skin with a mild antiseptic property. If you have been prescribed this ointment by a dermatologist, you can go ahead with it otherwise … View thread »

I have gone through your complaints. You should start with shampoo containing Salicylic acid and Ketoconazole. Use it every alternate day in the beginning. Once you notice improvement gradually taper it to twice weekly and then once weekly. Along with this apply … View thread »

I have reviewed the attached photographs (attachments removed to protect patient identity). I would recommend you to use Salicylic acid face wash twice daily and apply Benzoyl peroxide 2.5 percent gel twice daily on the affected areas. Along with this take a course … View thread »

It could be a premenstrual flare of acne. I suggest you wash your face twice daily. Use Saslic DS (Salicylic acid topical) face wash in the morning, and Acnedap plus (Dapsone) gel at night. Hope it helps. If you have any other question, please do not hesitate to … View thread »

It is sebopsoriasis of the scalp (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I suggest a shampoo containing Coal tar and Salicylic acid on alternate day and keep it for 5 to 7 minutes on the hair and then wash. There is no evidence of familial type of hair loss … View thread »

You seem to have digital intertrigo. Continue the application of antifungal cream which you have. Also, Salactin paint (a combination of Salicylic acid and Lactic acid) can be applied at bedtime. Still, if there is no response, then visit a dermatologist so that … View thread »

Flaky scalp not responding to Noskurf (combination of Climbazole, Piroctone Olamine, Aminodermine, and almond oil) lotion may be scalp psoriasis and need steroid plus Salicylic acid 6 % combination lotion. The pain is due to hair root inflammation, which is commonly … View thread »

I can understand your concern. You need to take proper medicine for the treatment of pimples so that dark spots will not appear. Use a Salicylic acid face wash twice daily and apply Benzoyl peroxide 2.5 percent gel on the pimples twice daily. Along with this take a … View thread »

Do you have a question on Salicylic Acid? We have medical experts to help you right away.