Salicylic Acid Peels

Related Terms: Acne, Chemical Peels, Salicylic Acid, Treatment Of Acne, Isotretinoin, Glycolic Acid, Management Of Acne

Is salicylic acid treatment necessary for nodular cystic acne?
Query: Hello doctor,I am an 18 year old boy with severe acne, nodular cystic acne, acne vulgaris. I tried everything but nothing really worked. So, two months back, I finally decided to visit a dermatologist. The dermatologist prescribed me Isotretinoin capsules or Sotret of 20 mg. So, it was working quite...  Read Full »
Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Isotretinoin is a wonderful medicine for acne. The typical course of Isotretinoin ranges from three to four months, depending on the acne response to the medicine. The dose of Isotretinoin depends on your weight. Isotretinoin shrinks the oil-producing glands, and normal...  Read Full »

Will combined oral contraceptive pills help treat acne and female pattern hair loss?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 38 year old female, and I am currently taking Tetracycline tablets 500 mg, twice a day for my adult acne. I have been taking them since last year. Previous to this, and sometimes still, I use Duac 10 mg or 50 mg topically. I used this on my back and face for about a year before ...  Read Full »
Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have been on Tetracycline for quite a long time. There are other options also like you said oral Isotretinoin, which gives very good result in patients with acne. But if the patient is on this medication, then it is advised to avoid pregnancy. At least there shoul...  Read Full »

I get red cysts on my face. Is it acne or rosacea?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25 year old male. I am 6'1" tall and I weigh 170 pounds. Often, I get red cysts of some sort on my face beneath the skin that take a while to heal. I have oily skin, and get whiteheads as well. I have fluid-filled boil-like lesions on my face. I have been to a few dermatologist...  Read Full »
Dr. Kakkar S
Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Rosacea is a skin disorder that affects people above 30 years. Other than acne-like lesions, people with rosacea have redness of the face and dry skin associated with burning sensation. They also have redness and irritation in the eyes. The redness of the face is a...  Read Full »

Acne Vulgaris and it's Management
Article Overview: Acne Vulgaris commonly known as acne is a common skin concern seen in young adults. Though it is related with significant psychological morbidity, it can be managed effectively with daily skin care and medicines  Read Article »
Dr. Kalpana Pathak

Acne Vulgaris is a common skin concern in adolescents and may sometimes persist in adulthood too. It is a skin disorder involving pilo-sebaceous follicles or oil glands and is therefore seen to involve areas where oil glands are dense. Hence face, chest, back, upper arms are common sites of involvem ...  Read Article »

Other than laser, is there a way to treat acne marks?
Query: Hello doctor, I am having acne since one month. I am currently applying Epiduo gel at night. Now, my acne is calming down. I am using sunscreen at daytime. But, after clearing of pimples, my face becomes red. I am currently using Retino-A .025% on scars. Does Retino-A reduce red marks? Or should I g...  Read Full »
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have reviewed the attached photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I can appreciate multiple scars on your face. You should continue with Epiduo gel (combination of Adapalene and Benzoyl peroxide) and sunscreen, so that the pimples are treated...  Read Full »

Which is the best peel for rosacea?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 29 year old male. My height is 5'5", and weight is 69 kg. I have been suffering from acne, redness and often small, red, pus-filled bumps on my face since I am 14. I visited a lot of dermatologists, but they never able to identify the reason. I have got prescriptions and that never...  Read Full »
Dr. Sunil Kothiwala

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Rosacea is a condition which may get aggravates during season change, temperature change, exercise, alcohol and stress. In rosacea, skin becomes very sensitive, and you cannot apply for any other medicines. As you said treatment prescribed by the previous doctor worked fo...  Read Full »

My face is red and inflamed after a chemical peel I did myself. Please help.
Query: Hello doctor,Five weeks ago, I did a much too deep Jessner and a 30 % TCA combination peel myself. I swelled so much 24 hours after the peel that my eyes almost shut. Yes, this was a terrible mistake. My face is still red, but slowly resolving and I have been keeping it constantly moist and have bee...  Read Full »
Dr. Kakkar S

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and viewed the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Yes, there is redness on the side of the forehead. Redness from a deep peel can stay for months. Instead of a massage, I suggest you use a topical steroid cream, pr...  Read Full »

Without medicine or gel, how to get a permanent solution for acne?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23 year old male. My problem is acne. I am getting red whitehead with pus. I was taking Isotretinoin 20 mg for 1.6 years. When I was on Isotretinoin, I did not get even a single acne. After two weeks of stopping Isotretinoin, I had a sudden breakout. My skin is very oily, and I ...  Read Full »
Dr. Rashmi Singh

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, if you have an acne prone skin, then it is impossible to have a clear skin without any topical and oral intervention. Since you have taken more than a year of Isotretinoin 20 mg daily, I would not advise repeating that at the moment. I suggest you Doxy 10...  Read Full »

I am just fed up with my dark complexion. Please prescribe me some skin whitening product.
Query: Hello Doctor, I am just fed up with my dark complexion. Please prescribe me some skin whitening product.  Read Full »
Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Natural complexion is the best. Cosmetics do more harm than good. You can avoid them. Melanin pigment in the skin protects against cancers. Presence of more melanin in the skin gives the dark complexion. You can use sunscreen lotions which help in preventing tan d...  Read Full »

What can I do to overcome oily face?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 23 year old male. I am facing a few issues for which I seek your help. I have oily face, but a very dry body skin. Please advise what I can do to overcome this. I stay in a joint family and as a result have to masturbate very privately most of the times. Also, most of the times I...  Read Full »
Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to reply it in pointwise: Oily face is the nature of the skin. It is very difficult to cure it permanently. But, you can try the following tips. Do not use hair oil or any sticky cream on face. Avoid oily food, chocolate, milk products, dust and use sunscree...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Salicylic Acid Peels? We have medical experts to help you right away.