Sarcoidosis

I have multiple skin lumps on the elbow. What could they be?

Query: Hi doctor, I have had these multiple skin lumps on the very tip of my elbow for a couple of years now. I have attached the photos for your reference. They look like a wart but are clustered together. Every medication I have used on them has done absolutely nothing. Recently, they have begun to grow ...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. These might be the lesion of sarcoidosis, lupus vulgaris or nodular xanthoma (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The only histopathological examination could confirm the diagnosis, so I would suggest you go for the one. A punch biopsy is the most preferred t...  Read Full »

I have non-itchy red bumps in my body. What it could be?

Query: Hello doctor, I have raised red bumps on hands, arms, legs, and back of the shoulder. I never had rosacea or eczema or dermatitis or any other skin issues. They are also not itchy.  Read Full »

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are many causes of non-itchy bumps. It could be sarcoidosis, granuloma annulare or acneiform eruption. I would recommend you to upload the pictures of the affected areas so that, I can have a clearer picture of the condition and can guide you accordingly. For ...  Read Full »

What are these bumps I have in my nose, upper lip and eyebrow?

Query: Hi doctor, I have bumps around my nose, upper lip area and eyebrow. I have been to two dermatologists and they did not able to provide a treatment to get rid of them. I have had the bumps since I was 16. No topical creams have ever been able to help. The bumps do not cause any pain. One bump along t...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your concern and examine your pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It looks like you are having syringoma or sarcoidosis. Syringoma is a noncancerous skin tumor formed by well-differentiated ductal elements. It is usually asymptomatic. Al...  Read Full »

Is stem cell therapy effective for ILD with sarcoids?

Query: Hello doctor,My mother aged 64 is suffering from ILD for the past three years. Now the doctor suggested recently that she has developed nodules which are mostly sarcoids in nature. Recent CT scan report shows it. Is there any way to revive her lungs condition? Is stem cell therapy effective for her?...  Read Full »

Dr. Prabhu Prasad N.c

Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. ILD (interstitial lung disease) has many different types. What was her type of ILD when diagnosed and what treatment was given? Development of new nodules which are suspicious of sarcoidosis is quite rare, nevertheless if her condition permits which need to be evalua...  Read Full »

What should be done for low blood pressure with second-degree heart block.

Query: Hello doctor, My boyfriend is 24 years old. Being a fitness trainer, he does not take any drugs. He has been getting chest pain for the past four months and sometimes lightheadedness. He went to the doctor and had done a blood test which came back normal. His blood pressure is low, and he had a 24-h...  Read Full »

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. I want to explain that when we are in front of a cardiac conductance abnormality in an young adult first, it is necessary to exclude an infectious and inflammatory disease, like Lyme disease, sarcoidosis, and other cardiac issues, like myoc...  Read Full »

How to treat my mother's vasculitis?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother has been suffering from vasculitis. She is facing difficulty in walking. She also has thyroid, diabetes and sarcoidosis. Currently, she is on Covance 50, Gabantin 100, Dilzem 30, Raricap, Sympta 20 and Modlip 10. For vasculitis, she was prescribed to have Wysolone 7.5 mg and Mmf...  Read Full »

Dr. Naval Mendiratta

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, there is a lot of treatment available for vasculitis (blood vessel inflammation). We do use injection Cyclophosphamide and Rituximab. But, it is very difficult to comment anything unless you tell us which vasculitis is she suffering from as the treatment will vary a...  Read Full »

Can you comment on my lung function tests?

Query: Hello doctor, I recently had issues with a somewhat forced breathing and a cold or a cough that is not clearing up from the last two to three months. The doctor sent me for a pulmonary test, the results of which I have attached. What do they mean? I have also attached my latest blood reports. Can yo...  Read Full »

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through both the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your lung function tests detected a decreased diffusing capacity which can be due to either a vascular disease that decreases the blood supply to a portion of the lung or parenchyma...  Read Full »

Kindly take a look at my chest scan and give your advice.

Query: Hello doctor,Kindly take a look at my results from various scans of my chest and advice.  Read Full »

Dr. Vedprakash Verma

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen all your FDG-PET reports, which is very sensitive to detect any tumor activity in unidentified mass as the scan shows solitary pulmonary nodules in the left lateral lower lobe. This scan is beneficial to identify and detect tumor by detecting the oxygen u...  Read Full »

Chest X-ray showed a single nodule. Is a biopsy required to rule out cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 30-year-old female.The initial illness began early this year. The symptoms were cough, SOB, chest pain, and wheezing. I was treated for pneumonia but never got better. Repeated X-rays showed adenopathy as a possibility. So, a CT scan was done which showed hilar, mediastinal aden...  Read Full »

Dr. Chandra Shekhar

Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your history. There are two clinching things. One is a pulmonary nodule and other is mediastinal adenopathy. For pulmonary nodule of 1.2 cm, it can be due to a number of reasons. But, if it is not enlarging in size it is most probably benign. Just get a ...  Read Full »

Why am I having right ear fullness and background noise?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having right ear fullness and it started several days ago. Last night I awoke due to a pulsating pain in my right ear. I hear some background noise and in silent environment, it is most evident. Is that fine? I had Bell's palsy 2.5 months ago on the left side and again, a month ago o...  Read Full »

Dr. Alok Rathi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are having sensorineural hearing loss. It is in early stage and mild. So, you are having pulsation in the ear. Another important thing is bilateral Bell's palsy. It is not common. Having facial palsy is not good and the developing sensorineural component...  Read Full »

All the answers published in the forum are given by leading doctors, therapists and health experts.