Scabies

Related Terms: Itching, Permethrin, Dry Skin, Atopic Dermatitis, Symptoms Of Scabies, Acne, Chemical Peeling

Scabies, a Very Common Skin Infestation (Itchy Condition Of The Skin)
Article Overview: This article educates patients and others about the symptoms and treatment of scabies  Read Article »
Dr. Vinay Kumar

Scabies is an itchy condition of the skin seen in human beings caused by a small organism, with itching of various grades getting more intense in the late evenings and night. It is infectious and close contact is the commonest mode by which it spreads from one person to another. Diagnosis: Scabies ...  Read Article »

Itching and Scabies
Article Overview: Itching is an unpleasant sensation, where an individual has a desire to scratch his or her body.  Read Article »
Dr. Rabia

What Is Itching? Itching is an unpleasant sensation, where an individual has a desire to scratch his or her body. Itching can be caused due to many reasons. We divide itching into two types depending upon the duration, acute and chronic. What Are the Types of Itching? Acute Itching Acute itching ...  Read Article »

My daughter has scabies, which did not subside with medication. Please help.
Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 20 months old and weighs 15 kg. She is a very active child. She was suffering from severe itching and rashes. The doctor diagnosed her with scabies. He prescribed HH mite cream for three days, and Atarax syrup 2.5 ml thrice a day. On the rash, he asked us to apply Flutivate...  Read Full »
Dr. Preeti Puranik
Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please continue the Atarax syrup (Hydroxyzine) only if there is itching. You can repeat HH mite cream (Permethrin) if itching is significant. It has to be applied to the whole body below the neck. Avoid the head, face, neck, anal and vaginal areas. Also, avoid regio...  Read Full »

How to differentiate between scabies, flea bite, bed bug, and folliculitis?
Query: Hi doctor,I am a general practitioner. I struggle to differentiate these conditions: scabies, flea bite, bed bug and folliculitis. I would really appreciate your clinical knowledge and goodwill in enlightening me about this, so I can provide better care for our patients.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your query. Scabies is caused by mites. In this, the patient presents with nocturnal itching with burrows over the web space of hands. In flea bite or bed bug bite, you may find itchy erythematous papules that may be localized or generalized depending u...  Read Full »

After applying Permethrin for scabies my baby got rashes. What to do now?
Query: Hi doctor, My 4.5 months old baby girl was diagnosed with scabies before a month. Her pediatrician advised to apply Permethrin both for mother and baby. After applying she got new rashes all over the body, especially on face, around cheeks and both lower legs, feet and sole. Now on her back three or...  Read Full »
Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please send the photographs of the lesion. She might be suffering from atopic dermatitis. I can able to give a definite diagnosis only after seeing the lesion. Revert back with the photographs to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/d...  Read Full »

A Common Human Mite Infestation - Scabies
Article Overview: This article discusses the signs, symptoms and management of scabies.  Read Article »

Scabies is the most common mite infestation in human beings. Scabies Causative Organism The itch mite is Sarcoptes scabiei var hominis. It has an oval shaped body with four pairs of short legs. The female mite is larger than the male. In a usual patient of scabies, average number of mites is 10 to ...  Read Article »

Are the medicines given to me for scabies correct?
Query: Hi doctor, I was diagnosed with scabies, and now I am worried my family also has it. The doctor has prescribed Permethrin cream 5%, Ketoconazole cream, Flutas 150 mg, and Levocetirizine. Are these tablets fine or should I add anything more? What should I do with the furniture and mobile phones? I h...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Permethrin is fine, but Fluconazole and Ketoconazole have no role in scabies. Permethrin has to be applied two times, one week apart and every member of the family should apply it at the same time.Leave the furniture and mobile as it is, as transmission rarely occurs thro...  Read Full »

I got itchy red patches on my buttocks, penis, and scrotum. What should I do?
Query: Hello doctor,I got some red patches on my buttocks, penis, and scrotum. It is too itchy. I consulted a doctor and he diagnosed it as scabies and advised to use Lindane Lotion. I used it for three days but the redness has not gone. The itchiness has reduced but not gone completely. My doctor is curre...  Read Full »
Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, it is nodular scabies. Now do not apply Lindane lotion. Consider the application of Flutibact cream twice daily for seven days. (Fluticasone and Mupirocin). Tablet Levocetirizine 10 mg at bedtime. It takes time for nodular lesions (inflammation) to subside. ...  Read Full »

I have whole body itching.Is it anything serious? Please help.
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 27 year old male. I have an irregular sleeping pattern due to software job. I do not drink or smoke. Also my job is a very stressful job. I had whole body itching very rarely in the past 3 years, like once I take bath or suddenly during sleep. This never disturbed my lifestyle ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are suffering from either scabies or urticaria. Since no other skin lesion is present this is going more in favour of scabies. Does any of your other colleagues suffering from itching? Does itching occur predominantly at night? Take the following med...  Read Full »

Can you suggest the best medicine for itching?
Query: Hi doctor, I am having a tough time with my skin infection. It is being around two months since I got affected by that. I am having the hives of dark reddish in color in specific areas like on the penis point and on the buttock. It is so itchy and the whole body is getting so itchy like on hands and...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. HH Mite cream (Permethrin) is for scabies. Can you please send me the photograph of the lesion? Revert back with the photographs to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Scabies? We have medical experts to help you right away.