Scar Removal

Related Terms: Acne, Acne Scar Removal, Chemical Peeling, Hair Loss, Melasma, Microdermabrasion, Psoriasis, Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Query: Hi doctor, I got skin color bumps all over my body which are getting darker after going away. I have attached the photos. Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Vinay Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have examined the pictures (attachments removed to protect patient identity) and noted your details. The description matches closely that of superficial folliculitis which is a low grade bacterial infection of the hair follicles and is recurrent in nature. For som...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, Eighteen months ago, I had a reconstructive surgery on my penis to treat penile curvature. Two weeks post operation, hematoma exploded so I got wound breakdown. Skin necrosis ensued and I lost a small part of my penile skin. No graft or flap was used. I now have hyperpigmentation and v...  Read Full »
Dr. Pavan N Murdeshwar
Cosmetologist, General Surgeon, Plastic Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is good that you have explained the condition in full detail and with good quality pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). First of all, the Hydroquinone used over the skin especially over the thin penile skin does have side effects. I adv...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, Tea spilled on my thighs last night and I can see swelling filled with water now. I have already applied silverex ointment yesterday night. What should I apply for rapid healing?   Read Full »
Dr. Hariharan V
Diabetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hot beverage spillage usually causes severe burning sensation, but there is no reason to get alarmed if managed properly. From what you have said, I guess that the scalded area is small. If it is so, the first thing you have to do is to apply water and wash the wou...  Read Full »

Laser Treatment for Pimples and Pimple Scars

Article Overview: This article will discuss laser treatment for resistant acne, which does not respond to topical therapy.

Phototherapy, which includes both UVA, UVB and blue-red light is known to have beneficial effects on acne or pimples. Some of the lasers have also been found to be effective in reducing active acne. Active acne means an acne which is red or has pus. The laser is also useful in improving acne sc ...  Read Full »

Types and Techniques of Acne Scar Revision Surgery

Article Overview: Acne is one of the dermatological conditions in which surgical modalities have a significant role with certain limitations. I have discussed about various acne scar surgeries.

Acne scars and wrinkles have always a challenge for treatment. Surgery in acne is indicated usually either for acne scars or post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation. Pitted facial scars, although commonly caused by acne, also result from a variety of conditions such as chicken pox, herpes zoster, etc. T ...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25 year old male, and I was circumcised as a baby, and I noticed years ago that all around the base of the head of my penis, there are small holes. Every few months I can squeeze a small amount of smelly white stuff, from some of these holes. Was my circumcision botched when I w...  Read Full »
Dr. Shahil Khant
Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It could be an infection of the head of the penis. If possible, please send me images. It does not sound serious, so nothing to worry. You need to give the pus, that is coming out from the holes, for culture and sensitivity. And you will require antibiotics accordin...  Read Full »

Dr.Riciu Nicolae Andrei

... ... …

Read Full »

Dr.Annie Flora G

... ... …

Read Full »

Dr.Ganesh Avhad

... ... …

Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I have a scar on my face since my childhood. Due to some infection or may be an insect bite, it grew into a pimple and I scratched it. It left a scar on my face and looks ugly.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your query and concern. Your scar can be corrected with very good cosmetic results by a few options. Subcision followed by scar revision surgery or punch scar lifting surgery need to consult your nearby dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Otherwis...  Read Full »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Scar Removal? We have medical experts to help you right away.