Scar Revision Surgery

Related Terms: Chemotherapy, Marks And Scars, Scar Removal, Biopsy, Laser, Botox, Contact Lens

Types and Techniques of Acne Scar Revision Surgery
Article Overview: Acne is one of the dermatological conditions in which surgical modalities have a significant role with certain limitations. I have discussed about various acne scar surgeries.  Read Article »

Acne scars and wrinkles have always a challenge for treatment. Surgery in acne is indicated usually either for acne scars or post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation. Pitted facial scars, although commonly caused by acne, also result from a variety of conditions such as chicken pox, herpes zoster, etc. T ...  Read Article »

Involuntary frowning is delaying the healing of my scar revision surgery. Should I get Botox?
Query: Hi doctor, My scar revision surgery is not healing well, and it seems worse than last week. Please see the attached picture. Involuntary frowning causes lines to run through the scar, can this be causing problems? Is it worth taping my forehead, so I cannot make frown lines? Is it worth getting a bo...  Read Full »
Dr. Vikram Kumar Raja
Cosmetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for the query. I have seen the attached picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It looks like it is a very early stage following scar revision. It looks good right now. But, it will take time for the scar to get better. The following might help: D...  Read Full »

How to remove the scar on my face?
Query: Hi doctor, I have a scar on my face since my childhood. Due to some infection or may be an insect bite, it grew into a pimple and I scratched it. It left a scar on my face and looks ugly.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your query and concern. Your scar can be corrected with very good cosmetic results by a few options. Subcision followed by scar revision surgery or punch scar lifting surgery need to consult your nearby dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Otherwis...  Read Full »

How to remove hyperpigmented scar?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 30 year old male. I have a disfigured nose tip with the hyperpigmented scar as a result of a Hydroquinone reaction (Melalite 15 cream). I have undergone several treatments including dermabrasion, subcision and chemical peel. Currently, I am taking Limcee (vitamin c) tablets and co...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since you already undergone all possible treatments, the last nonsurgical option, but a very good option is ND:YAG laser (neodymium-doped yttrium aluminium garnet laser) along with the daily night application of Clearz daily cream (Kojic acid and vitamin C) during night. ...  Read Full »

What are the treatments available to remove scars permanently?
Query: Hello doctor, I met with an accident one and a half years ago. I was severely injured but got cured. The problem now is the scars are raised and there is no hair growth in that area. The scar is just below my nose. What are the treatments available to remove scars completely? I have attached a pi...  Read Full »
Dr. Arvind Guru
General Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query and seen your picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Hair will never grow back in the scarred area. So, the easiest thing would be to shave the mustache completely. If you do not want to shave, you will need to undergo a scar ...  Read Full »

What is the best treatment to remove accident scars on the face?
Query: Hello doctor, I have a hypertrophic scar on the left side of my face due to a road traffic accident from five years ago. I had undergone a scar revision surgery four years back but, no improvement was seen. So, I had a Z-plasty surgery two years back with a 40 % improvement. But, it is still visib...  Read Full »
Dr. Vikram Kumar Raja
Cosmetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can try fractional RF (radio-frequency) or laser resurfacing for further improvement. But do not expect complete removal of the scar. A scar once formed will remain forever. You cannot remove it completely. It can only be made less conspicuous at a visible distanc...  Read Full »

How to remove the scar in my face following a skin infection?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 29 year old male. I developed a skin infection on my face. It is in three places. One on the right corner of forehead, one just near below my right eye and then one just below my right lip. Symptoms started with some itching and redness. Below my lip some kind of small blisters wer...  Read Full »
Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. What immunological investigation have you undergone? Please upload the reports? How long have you been taking Zanclav (combination of Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid)?  Do you have any other site affected? Is there any problem with sun exposure? Actually on first look i...  Read Full »

Are children more susceptible to get hypertrophic scars after scar excision?
Query: Hello doctor, My son has one somewhat large scar on the right side of his neck and a small scar on the left side of his neck from a burn injury since 10 months ago. He has received three laser treatments, and it looks much, much better. My son is almost 2 years old. Our plastic surgeon would do a s...  Read Full »
Dr. Sandeep Dawre
Plastic Surgeon, Cosmetologist, General Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your son has a post-burn hypertrophic scar over the submandibular region.  Read Full »

Was my circumcision botched?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25 year old male, and I was circumcised as a baby, and I noticed years ago that all around the base of the head of my penis, there are small holes. Every few months I can squeeze a small amount of smelly white stuff, from some of these holes. Was my circumcision botched when I w...  Read Full »
Dr. Shahil Khant
Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It could be an infection of the head of the penis. If possible, please send me images. It does not sound serious, so nothing to worry. You need to give the pus, that is coming out from the holes, for culture and sensitivity. And you will require antibiotics accordin...  Read Full »

How to correct a scar that is present between the eyebrows?
Query: Hi doctor, I have a new horizontal scar between my eyebrows, and this has caused a crease when I frown. The scar is not vertical, and it goes through 45% angulation. Can this be fixed?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, there are two things which we can be tried. First is Botox (Botulinum toxin injection) and the second one is scar revision. Scar revision is an OPD (outpatient department) procedure in which the entire scar is excised and sutured with very fine suture, which is not v...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Scar Revision Surgery? We have medical experts to help you right away.