Scoliosis

Related Terms: Mri Spine, Neck Stiffness, X-ray Spine, Muscle Spasm, Physiotherapy, Proper Posture, Neck Pain

Is scoliosis a life threatening one?
Query: Hi doctor, For past four months, I am suffering from neck stiffness especially when turning to the left. Also I am suffering from heaviness of head, trembling of head in certain neck position and shortness of breath, especially on moving to the chest level. When I wake up in the morning after sound...  Read Full »
Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you have very well explained your symptoms I am so thankful to you. I would have appreciated if MRl image too available. Scoliosis can give rise to spasm of paraspinal muscles of the affected area and in your case neck this explains your neck stiffness. Does trembling...  Read Full »

Can scoliosis and neck stiffness cause physical disability?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 31 year old female. I am in a job for which I will be out of home for at least 11 hours. My problem is stiffness in the neck (in the left side alone) for the past four months. In certain position of my neck, head trembles, heart beats fast and shortness of breath is produced. I ...  Read Full »
Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I want to assure you not to worry as everything is going to be fine if proper care and treatment is opted in for. I have thoroughly gone through your case and can well understand your genuine health concerns.  Read Full »

Can scoliosis get corrected through surgery?
Query: Hi doctor, I have scoliosis from my 15 years of age. Now, I am 36 years old. I am a very active teacher and mom. The pain medicines are not helping me now and I have started to limp and lean. Can it get corrected through surgery?  Read Full »
Dr. Vivek Chail

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is important to do an MRI of your spine to know where the nerves are getting pinched. Please consult a neurologist for physical evaluation after doing an MRI scan and they will be able to guide you with your pain. Surgery is not required in every patient and you might ...  Read Full »

Can knee arthroscopy cause scoliosis and pain?
Query: Hello doctor,I have mild scoliosis convex to the left and was wondering if a left knee arthroscopy can be the cause of my posture and/or pain issues. For example, sitting, standing. Also, having scoliosis, would that cause a blood clot (pulmonary embolism) after this surgery? With being a severe ast...  Read Full »
Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Scoliosis is a structural problem and knee pain will not cause this. Arthroscopy can rarely lead to a clot formation but is not necessarily a known risk factor for DVT (deep vein thrombosis) as you are likely to mobilize very quickly and the procedure is usually shor...  Read Full »

Why do I have underdeveloped jaw bones, scoliosis, and swollen face?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 20 years old. I have one kid and I am seven months pregnant. Since I started puberty, I got a lot of health problems. The left side of my underjaw is not fully grown. It feels like pieces are missing. You can also see the big difference between the left side of my chin and the right...  Read Full »
Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query. See the issues like scoliosis, underjaw shape, and underdeveloped cheekbones are anatomical issues which are related to the natural structure of your body. They can not be corrected with the help of medication. You may take help from artificia...  Read Full »

I was diagnosed with mild scoliosis. Can you tell how bad the curvature is?
Query: Hello doctor,I am a 30 year old male. I was diagnosed with minor scoliosis. I have attached my x-ray results. I would like to know how bad is that. I only get occasional pain after standing for too long or lifting heavy stuff. Can you tell how much the curvature is? Is this something I need to worr...  Read Full »
Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Evaluation of scoliosis involves both CT scan to look for bony anatomy and MRI to rule out cord compression. Please revert once the investigations have been done to get an appropriate management plan. Revert with the reports to an orthopaedician and traumatologist onl...  Read Full »

Can a back injury lead to scoliosis?
Query: Hello doctor, I sustained a back injury three years ago. I was standing on the staircase of a bar when a large woman lost her balance, she grabbed and twisted my arm while placing her full body weight on my back. I have had recurrent muscle spasms all the way down to my back ever since, and I have t...  Read Full »
Dr. Vivek Chail

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your MRI scans (attachment removed to protect patient identity), and find that there is no large disc bulge either in the cervical, thoracic or lumbar spine. The scoliosis is there, but it is not causing any significant nerve compression or condition relating ...  Read Full »

I have severe pain eight years after a scoliosis surgery. Could something be wrong?
Query: Hello doctor, I underwent scoliosis surgery eight years ago and have been experiencing a pain around my left shoulder blade. Recently this pain has gotten so bad it has become difficult to even breathe and sleep. Is it possible something is wrong with the rods that were placed during the surgery?  Read Full »
Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The segments adjacent to the one that was stabilized may sometimes start to misbehave due to abnormal loads. As it has been eight years since surgery, the likelihood of an infection and loosening are less likely, though it cannot be completely ruled out. You need to se...  Read Full »

My muscles tend to get knotted more often. Can scoliosis cause such problems?
Query: Hi doctor,I am a 25-year-old female. I have scoliosis and my curve is around 25 degrees. I would truly appreciate if you can answer my queries. Can my scoliosis get worse over time?My right muscles tend to get knotted more often than my left muscles. Can scoliosis cause such problems?Can exercise be...  Read Full »
Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.As you have achieved skeletal maturity and now have stopped growing with your curve only 25 degrees then the spontaneous increase in the curve is highly unusual. You will have to, however, monitor the curve. Scoliosis leads to muscle and structural imbalances and getting...  Read Full »

Is there nothing that can be done about the pain from scoliosis and hypermobility?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 26 year old female. My height is 5'1" and I weigh 53 Kg. I have had pain in all joints. I also experience pain in the spine between shoulders and down to my tailbone since 2010, on and off. I have finally seen a rheumatologist. The doctor said I have scoliosis, minor spondyloart...  Read Full »
Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It looks like your doctor is treating you for Rheumatoid arthritis. However, what is not clear is the fact that how this conclusion was arrived at. Have they done these tests - ESR, CRP, Rheumatoid Factor blood test, Anti-CCP antibodies test? How long does the morning sti...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Scoliosis? We have medical experts to help you right away.