Seborrhoeic Dermatitis

Related Terms: Seborrheic Dermatitis, Dandruff, Ketoconazole Shampoo, Acne, Eczema, Atopic Dermatitis, Dry Skin

Are bacterial conjunctivitis and blepharitis related?
Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with blepharitis. I also have seborrhoeic dermatitis (perhaps rosacea as well), and my condition has improved greatly. Recently, I got very bad allergy symptoms, my eyes and nose became extremely itchy, causing me to sneeze a lot. This morning when I woke up, I had trou...  Read Full »
Dr. Anand
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attached pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Yes, it is nothing but common bacterial conjunctivitis. Since you have blepharitis, you are more likely to get conjunctivitis. Also, blepharitis, in turn, is related to seborrh...  Read Full »

How to treat spongiotic dermatitis?
Query: Hello doctor, I have been dealing with spongiotic dermatitis for 17 months now, and I am at my wit's end. I will provide you with as many details as possible so that maybe you could provide some answers on the cause and cure. For 15 years, I have lived in a very dry region, so I have commonly had dr...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your concern. There are two causes of dermatitis, one is exogenous and another one is endogenous. You have tried to rule out maximum exogenous causes, but as you did not get any relief, there might be some endogenous factor causing you the trouble. So...  Read Full »

I have a nevus on my scalp. Is that sebaceous nevi?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 25 years old male. I went to a dermatologist, and he examined my condition. The doctor told me that I have sebaceous nevi of the scalp. But I am unable to agree with it. I have read that sebaceous nevi are hairless. Please suggest.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the query and examined your given picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Please say whether you have this problem from birth. You are right, most of the sebaceous nevus are hairless. But nevus which reaches the hair-bearing areas o...  Read Full »

Baby has white patch on cheeks though pimples are gone. Is it seborrheic dermatitis?
Query: Hello doctor, My 1 and a half month old baby is having mild cradle cap and cluster of red pimples on his face. The area is quite dry even though the pimples are gone. This has left a white patch or discoloration on his cheeks. Is this atopic dermatitis or seborrheic dermatitis? How long will it l...  Read Full »
Dr. Kakkar S
Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have noted your concern and I have viewed the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The baby has post-inflammatory hypopigmentation due to seborrheic dermatitis. It is nothing serious and will go with time. I suggest you apply Desowen lotion (D...  Read Full »

I have a small acne like thing on chest. Is it related to cancer?
Query: Hello doctor, I have attached a picture which is on my chest for about two years. It has not given me any problem. Around two years back I had a small acne like thing on my chest right side and it became like this ever since. The dermatologists I have visited have said it is nothing to worry about, ...  Read Full »
Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Is there any complaint in it? Do you have any pain or burning sensation or itching? Revert back with the asked details to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist  Read Full »

Kindly give suggestion for irritating aggressive dandruff on eyebrow.
Query: Hello doctor, For past six months, I have had an irritating aggressive dandruff on my right eyebrow. Granules develop that are painful to the touch. I have applied zinc oxide, tea tree oil, and Pramoxine hydrochloride 1 % (suggested by a pharmacist). They helped for a while but were not a permanent...  Read Full »
Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Is this same episode or recurrent issue? How long did you use above mentioned topical agent? Do you have discharge from right eye? From your description one of the differential diagnosis is blepharitis. But to be sure of the diagnosis, kindly send image and revert back....  Read Full »

Having some discoloration on the back of the scalp. Could it be folliculitis?
Query: Hi doctor, I shave my head with a razor blade once in a few days as if shaving my face. I have been doing this for seven years now. Four years ago, my doctor noticed that I had a discoloration on the back of my scalp. He said it was nothing to worry about and had probably always been there like a b...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your query and concern. I have examined your pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It seems that you are having non-involuting congenital hemangioma (NICH). NICH present at birth and usually flatter, presented as well defined round to ...  Read Full »

What is the most effective treatment for clogged skin pores?
Query: Hi doctor, Can dead skin and excessive sebum buildup cause itchy skin? If so then what is the most effective treatment for clogged pores?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you have excess sebum then you can develop acne or seborrheic dermatitis,which can cause itching.The best way to remove excess of sebum is steaming your face which not only open your closed pores but also reduce the chance of acne and other skin disease.You should do f...  Read Full »

Should I be worried for the red spots on my chest?
Query: Hi doctor,I have red spots on my chest for the last two weeks. They are not itching, but I am worried about that. Is this some sort of rash or just chest acne? Should I be worried? Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query in detail and viewed the attached pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and do understand your concern. If you did not have any fever or viral in the recent past, these are quite unlikely to be some associated rash. If...  Read Full »

On application of Selsun blue shampoo, my cheek turned white. Please help.
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 37 year old male. From my childhood, I had white patches (skin discoloration) that come and go and I was informed that was due to dandruff. I always use moisturizer. I read an online post and I applied Selsun blue shampoo on one side of the cheek where there were light wheatish pa...  Read Full »
Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. What do you mean by white patches? Was it diagnosed as Pityriasis versicolor or vitiligo? Please send images. What medications have you used till now? Revert back with the answers to the above questions to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-docto...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Seborrhoeic Dermatitis? We have medical experts to help you right away.