Self-checking Of Glucose Level

Related Terms: Blood Glucose Level, Blood Sugar Levels, Fasting Blood Sugar Level, Diabetes, Diabetic Retinopathy, Diabetic Nephropathy, Hypoglycemia

Self-checking of Blood Glucose Level at Home for Diabetes Patients
Article Overview: This article discusses about self-checking of glucose level at home which is helpful and recommended, but variations can occur. Once in 3 months HbA1C level estimation is recommended.  Read Article »
Dr. Ajit V
Diabetologist

Any food or drink intake alters the metabolic milieu in the body. For example, insulin is released, digestion happens and glucose levels rise in the blood. Therefore the blood glucose levels rise and fall with each episode of food intake.  Self-checking of blood glucose looks at the glucose ...  Read Article »

Why does home glucose monitor show higher reading than the lab?
Query: Hi doctor,My father checked his fasting sugar in a blood glucose home monitor using blood taken from pricking the finger and then putting drops of that blood on a test strip. It came out 130 mg/dL. Then, he went to a laboratory and there he gave his blood sample. In laboratory test, the fasting su...  Read Full »
Dr. Divakara P

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, there shall be difference in reading of blood sugars checked through glucometer and that done in the laboratory. Because, laboratory check for serum blood glucose and home monitor check for blood glucose. There is a minor difference between blood and serum. ...  Read Full »

How to monitor diabetes?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 30 year old male. My height is 168 cm and weight is 65 kg. I was diagnosed as diabetic one year ago with HbA1c 7.8 and fasting sugar 163. Then I took Kombiglyze XR 1000 mg one tablet a day four months. Then the test revealed HbA1c of 6.6 and fasting sugar 108. Then my doctor reduc...  Read Full »
Dr. Hariharan V
Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Instead of Kombiglyze (combination of Saxagliptin and Metformin hydrochloride extended release) take tablet Tenepride (Teneligliptin) and also take Metformin (Exermet or Glyciphage) extended release 1000 mg in the afternoon. Get an x-ray of the pain region and upload it w...  Read Full »

Continuous Glucose Monitoring Sensor
Article Overview: A continuous glucose monitoring sensor is a recent device helpful in better management of blood glucose. It helps in effective management of highly labile glucose levels in some patients who are on Insulin therapy.  Read Article »
Dr. Prabhakar Laxman Jathar
Diabetologist

A continuous glucose monitoring sensor is a comparatively recently introduced system that is very handy and useful in achieving good blood sugar control in patients who are on Insulin injection and for whom the blood sugar is not in proper control are shows a lot of variation. The device is called F ...  Read Article »

Am I taking the correct medication for diabetes and hypertension?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 46 year old male. My height is 165 cm and weight is 65 kg. I am a known HTN since 3 years. My medications were Olmezest 10 mg once daily in the morning and Prolomet XL 50 mg once daily in the evening. Now I am diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. My readings are FBS 141, PPBS 236 and BP...  Read Full »
Dr. Hariharan V
Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Previously, you were on tablet Olmezest (Olmesartan) and tablet Prolomet XL 50 (Metoprolol tartrate). Now you are on diabetic medication and tablet Tazloc-H 40 (Telmisartan). Tablet Olmezest and tablet Tazloc are similar kind of drugs. So, taking one drug is enough. I ...  Read Full »

I am a diabetic and feel very tired. Please suggest me tests.
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 70 year old lady. Over 10 years, I am diabetic. My fasting sugar is 160 and PP 200. I do not have any other complications. I am feeling tired due to insufficient blood. I am having heart palpitations on and off due to insufficient blood. Currently, I am taking Voglinorm 0.3, Jal...  Read Full »
Dr. Ankush Gupta
Diabetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had a look at your test reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). First of all congratulations for maintaining your body weight and keeping the blood sugar under control. As I always say if you can control your weight and diet, then you can control y...  Read Full »

Have You Been Diagnosed With Diabetes? Read This To Know What Next
Article Overview: This article provides the information to improve knowledge and understanding of diabetes among patients.  Read Article »
Dr. Revathi Sundaramurthy
Diabetologist

Diabetes mellitus is a metabolic disorder. In this disorder, there is increase in blood sugar level. The cause may be lack of insulin or cells fail to respond and utilize insulin. It is considered as one among lifestyle disorders as unhealthy lifestyle is the major cause. Leading a healthy life styl ...  Read Article »

Do you have a question on Self-checking Of Glucose Level? We have medical experts to help you right away.