Sensitive Teeth

Related Terms: Root Canal Treatment, Tooth Sensitivity, Dental Fillings, Sensodyne Toothpaste, Toothache, Tooth Cavity, Tooth Extraction

What treatment will help sensitive tooth?
Query: Hi doctor, I am having sensitivity in the upper right tooth. There is no ditch or cavity but I feel the sensitivity while eating sweets. What could be the treatment option for it?  Read Full »
Dr. Tooba Qazi
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sometimes any cavity or decay is not seen clinically but there can be some infection or carious activity going on inside the tooth that can be detected in X-ray or on examination. Considering the symptoms following could be the treatment options. Filling of the tooth if...  Read Full »

Please suggest a way to get instant relief from sensitive teeth.
Query: Hi doctor,I have tooth sensitivity problem. I am suffering from this problem since last two months. I am unable to drink water also. I tried many sensitivity toothpastes, but it does not work properly. Please suggest me a proper drug or suggestion for instant relief.  Read Full »
Dr. Purva Jingar
Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Tooth sensitivity happens due to many reasons, and it may be because of cavities in teeth. For instant relief, you need to put desensitized toothpaste, but as you are saying it is not working, then it is better for you to visit a dentist and get an x-ray done. The...  Read Full »

How can black and sensitive tooth be cured naturally?
Query: Hello doctor, The tooth has become black and feeling sensitivity while chewing and when having some cold and sweet feeling like it is due to the cavity. Can I reduce it naturally?  Read Full »
Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through your question and I can understand your concern. As per your history, it looks that you are having reversible pulpitis, that means there is a cavity in progression. If you will get it filled, sensitivity will go and there will be no further decay. If...  Read Full »

How can I stop getting tingling sensation in teeth?
Query: Hello doctor, I have a fuzzy feeling in my teeth. Kind of like a tingling it is not really pain but it sends chills through my gums and it has been going on for like four days. How should I stop it?  Read Full »
Dr. Tooba Qazi
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Try using Sensodyne sensitive or any toothpaste for sensitive teeth. Apply toothpaste on teeth that are giving you tingling sensations for 2 or 3 minutes like cream then after it do gentle brushing, not vigorous one. Follow this routine for two weeks. Use Chlorhexidine mo...  Read Full »

Why do I have teeth sensitivity, pain, and bad breath?
Query: Hello doctor, I am an 18 year old boy. I have teeth pain and sensitivity whenever I drink something cold or hot. Why does it occur? I also have stains on my teeth. I do not smoke or drink alcohol, but my teeth do not look white. How can I improve the colour of my teeth? Also, why do I get the smell ...  Read Full »
Dr. Ashish Goel

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are suffering from halitosis. You must be having sensitive teeth, hence having pain or cold or hot sensation. I suggest using Sensodyne toothpaste. Try using Orahex (Chlorhexidine) gargles twice daily for bad breath. Slight staining is normal, it has to be noted ...  Read Full »

Why is there pain on tapping my tooth?
Query: Hello doctor, My upper right one tooth (front tooth) is painful to touch from the front. It is sturdy and does not move at all. It also is not painful to push from the inside out. It does not hurt to bite down at all. It simply hurts to tap the front of the tooth. Any ideas on what this could be?  Read Full »
Dr. Tooba Qazi
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Pain on tapping have two differential diagnosis. It could be a sensitive tooth. Enamel of tooth is weak that is why it is having greater amount of sensitivity on touch and pressure. If this is the case then veneering is done on the front surface of the tooth and this comp...  Read Full »

My 2 year old son's teeth are exposed and are sensitive. Please help.
Query: Hi doctor, I have a 2 year old son, who was born through a c-section. One out of his six teeth is actively disintegrating. The enamel has come off, and the inner part of the tooth is exposed and sensitive to cold drinks. What should I do?  Read Full »
Dr. Honey Arora
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms look like that of an early childhood caries (nursing bottle caries), which is commonly due to more sweet in the baby's diet and poor maintenance of oral hygiene. I would suggest you take an OPG (orthopantomography), an x-ray of all the teeth. The treatment...  Read Full »

Though I am stress-free, I am getting horrible headaches. Why?
Query: Hi doctor, I am almost 18 and ever since I was little I have had horrible headaches or migraines. Before, I used to get at least once in a week. If I sit in my dark closet, I feel like I am going to vomit or just bad enough. So, I do not want to get out of bed. I tried talking to my doctor about it ...  Read Full »
Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need to exclude the physical causes of headaches. You might have an error of refraction, so you need your eyes checked. You need to measure your blood pressure, as you might have irregularities of blood pressure. You should get your blood sugar measured as hypoglyc...  Read Full »

My tooth is sensitive after a filling. Why?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 33 year old female. I got my cavity filled two days back. Now, it hurts when I drink cold stuff. Is there anything I can do?  Read Full »
Dr. Asma Parveen
Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are a few things I would like to ask: Did you have a sensitivity to cold even before getting your tooth filled? What kind of filling have you got? Is it a silver filling or a tooth-colored filling? Sometimes, patients do experience this type of sensitivity afte...  Read Full »

Why is there sensitivity in the teeth where caps were placed?
Query: Hello doctor, My mother aged 62 years actually went to a dentist because she felt that there is rubbing in between upper jaw tooth enamel and lower jaw tooth enamel and something sour in taste gets secreted out of it. The doctor told that there is decayed tooth on both sides. The doctor filled the ...  Read Full »
Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through your question. I can understand your concern about your mother. The history started after ten days that means there will be something wrong with the prosthesis (bridge). I think there must be chipping off of the sealant (the material that fixes the c...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Sensitive Teeth? We have medical experts to help you right away.