Sensory Loss

Related Terms: Nsaids, Stroke, Mri, Headache, Anxiety, Dizziness, Numbness

Is there any treatment to regain sensory loss following accident?
Query: Hi doctor, The query is regarding my friend. He met with a major accident and his lower limbs power 0/5 after accident. There is no sensation below naval and allopathy doctors have given up hopes. Request your inputs whether such cases can be supported. We have tried a lot of doctors. Now looking fo...  Read Full »
Dr. Sudheer Ambekar
Neuro Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The sad thing about brain and spinal cord is that once damage is done, it is not possible to reverse it. Having said that, there is a lot of research going on in this field. In the west, similar patients have been benefited by braces that help relay the commands from b...  Read Full »

What can cause genital numbness?
Query: Hi doctor, I have been riding my bike a lot more recently and now I noticed that I am having numbness within the perineal region including scrotum and penile area. I have stopped riding since the onset of symptoms and it has been over a week now. Should these symptoms resolve with time if I quit rid...  Read Full »
Dr. Chandan Mohanty
Neuro Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The two most common causes of perineal or genital numbness is compression of the nerves in your spine (called as cauda equina) or compression of the nerves in the perineum itself. Only sensory loss is uncommon but still possible in cauda equina syndrome (CES), since it...  Read Full »

Is it possible to treat pain while walking through physiotherapy or medicines?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 65 years old with weight 88 kg and height 5'10". I suffer from moderate hypertension and diabetes since last eight years but always in control of medicines. Last year I had undergone angiography as an age-based test and symptom of pain on starting walking short distance a few met...  Read Full »
Dr. Shivam Om Mittal

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.I appreciate your detailed history. The symptoms you have described are suggestive of neurogenic claudication due to the neuro-foraminal stenosis and disc bulges in the spine. If the pain is the prominent symptom, then conservative therapy should be done first. But if you h...  Read Full »

I have severe pain in the right buttock. Why?
Query: Hello doctor, I am having pain in the right buttock and also pain below upper leg and below knee. I feel uncomfortable while sitting, standing as well as walking. First I met a general surgeon; he examined me and advised me to go to an orthopedician. Orthopedician took x-ray and blood test. He info...  Read Full »
Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Celecoxib is just for pain relief. In order to understand your condition, I want you to answer a few questions for me. Is the pain radiating in nature? Or dull aching without any radiation? Do you have any record of examination findings? Is there any area of sensory l...  Read Full »

Is my back pain, a nerve problem?
Query: Hi doctor, I am having pain in my right side lower back only if I bend or try to wear my trouser. Also, it is there if I am standing and trying to raise my leg. Even while walking I feel little pain. If I lie in bed or stand straight, then there is no pain. What is the reason and what medicine ca...  Read Full »
Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are three possibilities for your pain. It could be one out of these three conditions or a combination of them. Intervertebral disc prolapse. Lumbar canal stenosis. Para vertebral muscle spasm or lower back strain or lumbago (low back pain). If the pain in the low...  Read Full »

Physical therapy for Guillian Barre Syndrome
Article Overview: This article tells how physiotherapy helps to regain the muscle vitality and strength after Guillain Barre Syndrome.  Read Article »
Dr. Shwetanjali Gandhe
Physiotherapist

Guillain Barre Syndrome, though a very rare disease has serious manifestations and occurs mostly during adulthood rather than childhood. Guillain Barre syndrome is a manifestation of a virus affecting the nerves and is a peripheral nerve disorder. Its symptoms are diagnosed by a sudden weakness in t ...  Read Article »

My friend is suffering from neuropathic pain after a thalamic stroke. Please help.
Query: Hi doctor, My friend, who is a 48 years old female, suffered a CVA three years back. She was diagnosed with a right thalamic hemorrhagic stroke with pericardial effusion, left hemiparesis, autoimmune thyroiditis, hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, ischemic unstable angina, grade 3 obesity, altered glucose...  Read Full »
Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thalamus is the part of the brain, through which all sensory information is relayed. After a stroke involving the thalamus, many times, the patient develops thalamic pain syndrome, which is very poorly responsive to medications. But as you told that it was relieved ...  Read Full »

Foot Care in Diabetic Patients
Article Overview: Foot, an important part of our body but most neglected, even more in diabetics.  Read Article »
Dr. Divakara P
Diabetologist

The incidence of diabetes is growing day by day. Since the past few years, awareness of diabetes has increased. More and more people are being screened for diabetes and treated as well. Even among diabetic patients awareness about the course of the disease, its management and complications are inc ...  Read Article »

I have spasms and pins and needles sensation in my hand. Please help.
Query: Hi doctor, I am having spasms in my hand. I had it briefly in the left hand and then, my right arm was feeling numb. This morning my right hand has spasms on all fingers at different occasions with some pins and needle feeling. Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Sudheer Ambekar
Neuro Surgeon

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.You might have nerve compression from cervical spondylitis.Please consult your GP to get an MRI of the neck.For further information consult a neurologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/neurologist  Read Full »

What to Do if Someone Develops a Stroke?
Article Overview: This article discusses the warning signs of stroke and emergency care for someone who develops a stroke.  Read Article »
Dr. Saumya Mittal

Stroke is one of the commonest occurring diseases. Someone in the world develops a stroke every 40 seconds. Therefore, it is essential for everyone to know how to recognize a stroke. Especially since now we have a medicine that improves the outcome of the stroke. But the administration of the medici ...  Read Article »

Do you have a question on Sensory Loss? We have medical experts to help you right away.