Severe Muscle Cramps

Related Terms: Abortion, Dehydration, Diarrhea, Homeopathy, Hypothyroidism, Lethargy, Miscarriage

I had three episodes of acute diarrhea. Is it food poisoning?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 46 year old female. Starting yesterday morning, I had three episodes of acute diarrhea, vomited once as well. Those symptoms stopped but I still have a low-grade fever of 97.7 and severe muscle cramps in my legs, chest, and abdomen. I took one Ondansetron 4 mg for nausea yesterda...  Read Full »
Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This seems to be a case of acute food poisoning too. If the vomiting and diarrhea have stopped then it is a mild case, however, you may have lost quite a bit of body fluid and salts which is causing the cramps. Please take an ORS (oral rehydration) solution accordin...  Read Full »

What test should I do to know if I am HGH deficient?
Query: Dear doctor, I want to test myself for HGH deficiency. Can you tell me a complete guide on how should I proceed? What tests should I do? After I have done them, can I post it here for a thorough examination from your doctors, so that they can tell me whether I am HGH deficient? I want to test that...  Read Full »
Dr. Ravikiran M
Endocrinologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need to check IGF1 level (insulin-like growth factor 1), liver function and kidney function tests and hemoglobin level. Also please take an x-ray of your left elbow and left knee joint AP view (anteroposterior view) to assess the bone age, and to check whether ends ...  Read Full »

Will chiropractic service help alleviate muscle pain?
Query: Hi doctor, I met with a car accident three weeks ago. I was injured and had trauma to the chest wall muscles. My chest muscles went into spasm periodically, but has subsided somewhat. My right side lower chest is the only area still hurting. After rest for a long period or sleep, when I activate th...  Read Full »
Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, chiropractic service will be helpful. Please make sure that there is no fracture in the spine. I assume that it is negative on the CT of the spine (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Muscle spasm that you are complaining of is protective, but at the ...  Read Full »

My leg muscles are very sore after I started playing sports. Can you help?
Query: Hello doctor, I have been playing volleyball, basketball, and athletics for around two weeks, but my leg muscles are still sore. Standing in the same position gives some relief. When someone touches my legs even softly, they ache hard. It is paining around my ankles and knees mainly. With this thin...  Read Full »
Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The most common reason for muscle cramps and leg pain is either dehydration or electrolyte abnormalities such as abnormally low levels of magnesium, calcium, sodium, or potassium. Without doing blood work, it is hard to say exactly but I would recommend drinking more w...  Read Full »

How to cure spinal deformity?
Query: Hi doctor, I would like to know which avenue to go down to treat my issues. I believe I have something wrong with my legs which cause my body to strain. The first memory I can remember was having very excruciating pain in my legs at night when I was a young teenager. As I got older my knees started ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Excruciating pains at night could be due to muscle cramps or due to vascular ischemia (compromised blood supply). Cold feeling in ankles and feet suggest vascular compromise. Pinching of nerve could be due to spinal deformity. Nerve compression when it exits spinal cord ...  Read Full »

What can cause left-sided chest pain while breathing?
Query: Hi doctor, Every time when I breathe, my left side hurts. It also hurts when I take a deep breath too. I do not smoke. What could be the problem?  Read Full »
Dr. Yashas Saipangallu

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know the following details before proceeding into diagnosis and management of your illness. What is your age? Do you have cough/ cold/ breathlessness? Where is the exact location of pain? Does it radiate to your left shoulder? When did this symptom start?...  Read Full »

Is high creatine kinase isoenzyme related to GSD?
Query: Hi doctor, I can run slowly and do aerobic exercise for 45 minutes. But, if I try anaerobic workout I get tired very soon and feel very thirsty. I have this problem since four years. I have the ability to fast for three days or drink only water. But, when it comes to anaerobic workout like push-up...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know few more information to help you better. Can I know your age and sex? Anyone else in your family with such disease? Have you got tests for diabetes, thyroid disorders and anemia done? Revert back with the answers to a diabetologist online --> ht...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for nocturnal leg cramps?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 55 year old female. I weigh 160 lbs. I have hypothyroidism and take medication daily. Generally, I have severe leg cramps at night in my calves, traveling stinging cramps to the bottom of my feet and toes. What is causing this?  Read Full »
Dr. Senduran N

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The causes for these kinds of muscular cramps are not quite clear. It is believed to be associated with chemical imbalance within the muscle cells. Some of the conditions causing these cramps are: Overstretching of muscles (like exercises without proper warmup). ...  Read Full »

Kindly explain MRI taken for back pain and numbness in hands.
Query: Hello doctor, What does my MRI results mean? Severe mid-back and lumbar back pain, numbness in hands, muscle cramps in legs, constant pain.  Read Full »
Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read carefully your MRI images (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and would explain that these images indicate just chronic degeneration of the vertebral column. There is no disc herniation or compression of spinal cord. Coming to this point, I would ...  Read Full »

Chronic Kidney Disease: A Summary
Article Overview: Chronic kidney disease, also known as chronic renal disease is a slow and progressive loss of renal function. This article talks about the signs, symptoms, and risk associated with the condition as well as the causes and complications including end-stage renal disease.  Read Article »
Dr. Vasantha K S
Nephrologist

Kidneys are organs whose primary function is to filter waste and excess fluids from the blood. In chronic kidney disease, there is a gradual loss of function, and so, there is an accumulation of fluid and waste in the body. In very severe cases, the build-up can reach dangerous levels. But, initiall ...  Read Article »

Do you have a question on Severe Muscle Cramps? We have medical experts to help you right away.