Sexual Contact

After sexual contact, can a person have burning sensation while urinating?

Query: Hello doctor, I have burning sensation while urinating and a frequent urge to urinate. Can it be due to sexual contact? I am a 22 year old male.  Read Full »

Dr. Vivekanandan G

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. These symptoms are classical of urinary tract infection, cystitis, prostatitis or urethritis. Yes, they can be acquired by sexual contact. Please get a urine culture and sensitivity done along with ultrasound abdomen, because stones in lower ureter can cause these...  Read Full »

What are the measures to be taken during first time sex?

Query: Hello doctor,I am about to have sex for the first time, are there any suggestions on what to do? And how to do it? I want to know more before it happens. Kindly advice.  Read Full »

Dr. Raveendran Sr

Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern, 1. Make sure your partner is STD (sexually transmitted disease) free. 2. Use a condom if you do not want to get pregnant. 3. 1st-time sex will be painful. Make sure your partner understands it and go slow on you. 4. Do not try rough...  Read Full »

Can breast pain and cramps after sexual contact mean pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, I have PCOS. I had my period a month back. My periods are mostly irregular and I usually have cramps in stomach and my breasts hurt before periods not every time though. I had oral sex with my fiance yesterday, he was wearing a condom throughout but he rubbed his genitals on my vagina...  Read Full »

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.Since you have taken the emergency pill within 72 hours of intercourse, there is no chance of pregnancy. These symptoms could be because of hormonal changes due to the pill you have taken. So relax and do not worry. However, if you have a doubt then get back to me.For more ...  Read Full »

Should I go for treponemal test three years after sexual contact?

Query: Hi doctor, I have an STD question and hope to have an STD specialist doctor to assist me. I had a sexual contact three years ago and only last month I went for (VDRL nontreponemal test) and is negative. I have read online that after several years or after sometime usually, the result can be negativ...  Read Full »

Dr. Kakkar

Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, sometimes many years after an infection with Treponema pallidum, VDRL may turn negative. TPHA (Treponema pallidum hemagglutination) or FTA ABS (fluorescent treponemal antibody absorption test) would be confirmatory in that case. You may take this test. Syphilis...  Read Full »

Why was there blood during first sexual contact?

Query: Hello doctor, My fiance was fingering me and when he finished, his hand was bloody. When I pee it burns and now it just hurts. What should I do? Never had a PAP test for discussable reasons. Never had sexual activity before.  Read Full »

Dr. Nadia Khan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is nothing to worry as having sex for the first time (even fingering) may lead to mild bleeding due to breakage of the hymen and vaginal tissue. It may lead to burning sensation and slight discomfort which usually resolve in a few hours or may take a day or so....  Read Full »

I took I-pill after unprotected sex on the 7th day of my periods. Any chance of getting pregnant?

Query: Hello doctor, I had unprotected sex on the seventh day of my periods, and I have five days bleeding. I took an I-pill on the 58th hour. I had bleeding on the seventh day after taking the pill. But, I am 10 days late for my periods, from the last month's date. I am worried. Please help. Is there a...  Read Full »

Dr. Sujata Mittal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sexual contact on the seventh day of periods will not make you pregnant, as they are the safe period. You should not have taken I-pill. I-pills are meant for emergency contraception and not for routine use. These are hormonal medicines and can disturb and disrupt...  Read Full »

How does the hepatitis B virus spread?

Query: Hello doctor, I want to know about Hepatitis B virus. I have been affected by this disease. Is it a contagious disease? Can others use the things which I use? Can others drink water with my used glass? How does this virus spread? In people who have already taken hepatitis B virus vaccine, is there...  Read Full »

Dr. Aamir Mohd

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hepatitis B virus is transmitted through sexual contact with an infected person and through blood, mucous membranes, and wounds. Yes, other persons can use your things and drink water from your glass if they do not have any injury. You should not have sexual contact wit...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for venereal warts?

Query: Hello doctor, I have developed venereal warts under my penis foreskin. They are not painful and are non-itchy as well. As it is a matter of concern that how I developed it, my doctor on seeing it directly asked to go for a laser surgery. Kindly look over the matter and seek necessary help.  Read Full »

Dr. Vivekanandan G

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Genital warts are usually acquired by sexual contact. If the lesions are small, you can apply Imiquimod ointment on them for few days and they will clear. If they are extensive, then you should undergo laser cauterization or cryocautery. If they are confined to...  Read Full »

Factors influencing Sexually Transmitted Diseases and its Prevention Strategies

Article Overview: Sexually transmitted diseases are a group of communicable diseases that are transmitted predominantly through sexual contact. This article discusses about the consequences, risk factors and prevention of STDs. Read Article »

Sexually Transmitted Diseases Sexually transmitted diseases are a group of communicable diseases that are transmitted predominantly through sexual contact. The sexually transmitted diseases are caused by bacteria, chlamydia and virus. STDs caused by bacteria include syphilis, chancroid, granuloma i ... Read Article »

My partner has herpes 2. Is it possible for me to get herpes 1 as well from her?

Query: Hello doctor, My partner has herpes II. Last time, when I was tested before dating her, I did not have either herpes I or II. Is it possible for me to get herpes I and II from her? Or just herpes II?  Read Full »

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post. Herpes simplex II is transmitted through sexual contact and it causes genital herpes. If your girlfriend has herpes II, she can only transfer herpes II and not I. Also, kindly note that about 45 % of the people in your country are already infe...  Read Full »

All the answers published in the forum are given by leading doctors, therapists and health experts.