Sharp Cusp Tips

Related Terms: Quitting Smoking, Saline Water Mouth Rinses, Wisdom Teeth, Wisdom Tooth Extraction, Allergy, Antioxidant, Benzalkonium Chloride

What are these white spots on my tongue?
Query: Hi doctor,I have some white spot on my tongue. I researched on the internet and it looks like white oral cancer lesion. Any of your thoughts will be appreciable. I have attached the pictures for your reference. Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Michael Steven Korn
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Most often these types of lesions (attachment removed to protect patient identity) are from frictional keratosis that is a soft tissue becomes tough and white due to continuous friction over time. If you were to go and see an oral surgeon for evaluation and possible biops...  Read Full »

What is the spot on my tongue?
Query: Hello doctor, I have found this spot on my tongue for the past seven months and for the most part, has not really changed. No symptoms, but can sometimes feel the bumps when I run my finger over it. Does this look like it is a frictional problem or something worse? I am guessing friction based on w...  Read Full »
Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through your question and understand your concern. As per your photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it does not look like any severe problem. This could be the friction or irritational in nature due to a sharp tooth edge. This lesion on...  Read Full »

My cheek feels sore after placing a temporary bridge. Why?
Query: Hi doctor, I had a tooth extraction and a temporary bridge on my back upper teeth. The temporary bridge broke and I got another one. After this, I started to have some soreness in my left cheek and left side of my tongue. My cheek feels swollen and sore. I noticed two white bumps on the inner side o...  Read Full »
Dr. Sandeep Menon
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Some patients develop allergic reactions towards the resins used in temporary crowns. But, since you already had one earlier, allergy can be ruled out. If the margins of the bridge are irregular and sharp, then it can cause discomfort. The signs can be ulcers or inflammat...  Read Full »

There is a sore on my tongue which is recurring at the same spot. Is it cancer?
Query: Hi doctor,The lateral edge of my tongue has a sore which is recurring on the same spot from the last six months and it is painless. It gets cured but keeps coming back after some days. I consulted a few ENT doctors. I was given a vitamin tablet, but nothing helped. My uric acid level is 9.2 and ...  Read Full »
Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal
Audiologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. A recurring ulcer at the same site which is getting cured completely in between is a sign of some chronic irritation that might be due to a sharp tooth or tobacco use. As the ulcer gets healed, it means that it is not malignant. But, it would be better to get it examin...  Read Full »

I have some burn like injury on my inner cheek. What is it?
Query: Hi doctor, I have a small section of skin starting from the bottom of my inner gum to halfway up the flappy skin piece on the lower part of the tongue. It is not very bad looking. It appears as if it is just a normal burn from some hot food or drink, though I do not recall ever burning myself. It oc...  Read Full »
Dr. Purva Jingar
Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It may be some ulcer or due to cheek cut (attachment removed to protect patient identity). We cannot say anything until you visit a nearby dentist. Maybe you have drinking habit that can cause such skin cut. Do not rub it as it may cause serious injury. Also, avoid e...  Read Full »

What is this bump which I have on the place where the wisdom tooth was?
Query: Hi doctor, I have a kind of bump on the side where my bottom wisdom tooth was. Also, there appears to be a little hole in the area with white stuff on it. It is behind my last bottom tooth where the wisdom tooth was removed years ago. It is sore to touch. I have attached the photo. It is not the whe...  Read Full »
Dr. Naveen Thomas
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems that your upper wisdom tooth (if it is present or the last molar) has grown more downwards making direct contact with the gums leading to ulceration and soreness (attachment removed to protect patient identity). As you removed lower wisdom tooth years ago, the up...  Read Full »

What can I do for the swelling inside my cheek?
Query: Hi doctor, For the last two months, I am having small swelling inside the cheek. Also, there is some stiffness in the right throat, but not now. With general surgeon prescription I have used Metrogyl, Diataal, Tinidazole and vitamin tablets. But, still swelling is there and also I am getting some re...  Read Full »
Dr. Nivedita Dalmia
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.  Read Full »

What are those linings I have on both sides of inner cheek?
Query: Hello doctor, I have white lining on both sides of inner cheek between lower and upper teeth from the last three months. l feel raised line when I wake up in the morning. Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Sandeep Menon
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is quite normal. Unless you have pain and irritation at the area. This is called linea alba. In case you get itching and pain, then please consult your dentist for physical evaluation. For further doubts consult a dentist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-do...  Read Full »

Kindly guide me for the pain in my lower wisdom tooth region.
Query: Hi doctor, I am having intense pain in my lower wisdom tooth that is making my neck, shoulder, and head hurt badly. This just started up around 6 PM today. I have been taking Ibuprofen, but nothing is working. Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Geeth Sadasivam
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Considering your age, your lower wisdom tooth should be erupting to its position. The pain is due to the soreness of the gums around the tooth as the wisdom tooth erupts. Also, when the upper last molar on that side hits the lower gum region, it causes injury and hence th...  Read Full »

What can these white patches in my mouth be?
Query: Hello doctor, I have developed a few white patches in my mouth for few days. The image is attached herewith. Is it just a fungal infection or something else? What medicine do you suggest? There is no pain or bleeding. It is not increasing in size. I never had anything like this previously. I never s...  Read Full »
Dr. Kumar Ashutosh

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please let me know following things. Exactly for how long has this lesion been there? Is this kind of lesion present in any other site in the mouth? Is there a sharp tooth near the lesion? Is there any history of toothbrush trauma? Also, please send a clear image of ...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Sharp Cusp Tips? We have medical experts to help you right away.