Sinusitis

Related Terms: Headache, Allergic Rhinitis, Ct Paranasal Sinus, Steam Inhalation, Deviated Nasal Septum, Post Nasal Drip, Allergy

Article Overview: Sinusitis is the infection of the air cavities within the nasal passages. Normally, the healthy sinuses are filled with air. When there is an infection, the sinuses get filled with fluid and germs can grow there causing inflammation.  Read Article »
Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Sinusitis is defined as inflammation of the mucosal lining of the sinus passages. Frequent attacks of sinusitis for over three months, also known as chronic sinusitis, result in the thickening of the mucosal membranes and an excess production of nasal and sinus secretions. These secretions are usual ...  Read Article »

Can sinusitis cause bad breath?
Query: Hi doctor,I have a persistent bad breath and bad taste in my mouth. I have excellent oral hygiene, and my dentist said my teeth and gums are all healthy. My doctor said that it could be sinus drainage, but I have dealt with this for years even when I have no drainage. It is ruining my personal life ...  Read Full »
Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Did you get any CT scan of your sinuses done before to rule out sinusitis? Yes, sinusitis can cause such symptoms and to rule out that a CT scan is needed. Sinusitis also causes nose block, headache, and post-nasal drip. So if you have any of these symptoms,...  Read Full »

I have sinusitis and feel like something is stuck in my neck. What can be done?
Query: Hi doctor, I have got chronic sinusitis diagnosed by ENT doctor. I am suffering from difficulties of swelling for months, feel like something is stuck in my neck like sputum or something else that is moving up and down, especially while eating or having flu. Do you think it is related to ENT or I h...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.In such a patient what we would do is a laryngoscopy. Just to rule out any growth or inflammation. Chronic sinusitis due to contact post nasal drip tends to cause reflux-related symptoms and globus feeling. Secondly, we need to check your hemoglobin status to rule out Pl...  Read Full »

I develop sinusitis and severe cough in winter.I also have hair fall problem.Kindly advise.
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 30 year old male. I have sinus issue and severe cough in winter season. I also have hair fall problem. Kindly advise.  Read Full »
Dr. Vivek Chail

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is important to get your sinuses and nose clinically examined for any conditions that might require treatment. Some people also develop allergy and this happens more often in the winter season. To make a diagnosis of possible allergy, a Complete Blood Count (C...  Read Full »

Post-Nasal Drip Associated with Sinusitis
Article Overview: Post-nasal drip is the dripping of mucus from the nasal and sinus passages down the back of the throat. This article talks in detail about this common health nuisance.  Read Article »
Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Post-nasal drip is defined as the dripping of mucus from the nasal and sinus passages down the back of the throat. It is a common health condition affecting males and females equally and is becoming increasingly prevalent in our society. It commonly affects people in the urban areas. It is invariabl ...  Read Article »

What is the treatment for sinusitis?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 69 year old male and retired internist. Other than vitamins and prostate-related herbs, I take no medication. I have no allergies and have never smoked. My past medical or surgical history is rather unremarkable. I have had several bouts of acute sinusitis in years past. Four week...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. You are suffering from chronic sinusitis. And I feel this is all allergic and you do not need antibiotics. Usually an acute attack takes five days to settle down. But, if you have persisting sinusitis, you would require CT paranasal sinuses....  Read Full »

Can seizures be related to chronic sinusitis?
Query: Hello doctor, I am writing to get a second opinion for my relative. He is a 19 year old male. He had a seizure last year and the second seizure was on last week. His EEG was normal and also had an MRI. The doctors said that he has chronic sinusitis with thickened mucosa and they started giving him...  Read Full »
Dr. Lalit Bansal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We usually recommend antiepileptic if someone has two seizures within 24 hours. In approximately 70% cases, we may not be able to identify any specific cause for seizures, for example - infection, stroke, focal cortical dysplasia (FCD) and tumor, as in your case. S...  Read Full »

Can you suggest ayurveda medicine for sinusitis?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 23 year old male. I have sinus problem since birth. My nose gets blocked as weather changes and remains so for a long time. I am allergic to dust. What food can I take to help my condition?  Read Full »
Dr. Arul Amuthan
Pharmacologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please Follow these advices: 1. Anu thailam - Ayurvedic nasal drop, apply 2 drops in each nostril before bed and at morning. 2. Nirgundi thailam - apply 10 drops on scalp, top of head and rub with fingers. This should be done at 6.30 AM. Then take bath after 7.30 AM...  Read Full »

What are the treatment options for chronic sinusitis?
Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from nasal blockage for the past 1.5 months. Generally, I have cold and cough problems from past 10 to 12 years, which becomes worse during the weather change. Earlier, I had breathing problem, but have been experiencing nose blockage now. The nose will be blocked from bo...  Read Full »
Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. An ENT doctor would have advised you to undergo endoscopic sinus surgery and septoplasty. Surgery is the treatment of choice , because your problem seems to be chronic (from longer duration). If you do not want surgery, then you can take nasal spray (a combination...  Read Full »

I have low immune system and get bronchitis and sinusitis often. Please advice.
Query: Hello doctor, I have been getting bronchitis and a sinus infection every two months. It is so bad when it happens, I am put on antibiotics, steroids medicine, plus two inhalers. My doctor is starting to say I have asthma. I am 18 years old and I have never had problems breathing, believe me, I was a...  Read Full »
Dr. Albana Greca
Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your medical history carefully and understood your concern. The low immune system makes you more prone to get an infection. Sinus infection is difficult to treat sometimes. A sinus infection can be complicated by lung infection especially when severe...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Sinusitis? We have medical experts to help you right away.