Sitagliptin

Is it fine to take Sitagliptin phosphate to reduce blood sugar level?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 36 years old and am having diabetes for five years. Fasting ranges from 180 to 220 without medicine. Now I have decided to take Sitagliptin phosphate 100 mg per day to lower diabetes. Is it fine?  Read Full »

Dr. Shazli Naseer

Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. To answer briefly, yes you should take added medicine. Sitagliptin is a good choice, added to Metformin. Please send me your HbA1c as well. But as I tell all my patients, treating diabetes properly does not limit to taking medicine only. It involves a lot more. 1 or 2...  Read Full »

I have diabetes in spite of taking Amaryl and Janumet. Please suggest.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 51 year old male. I have diabetes. My fasting is 150 to 160 and PP is 250 to 300. I am taking Amaryl 2 mg morning and Janumet 50/1000 after lunch and dinner. Please suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Nazma Parveen

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are already taking Amaryl (Glimepiride) 2 mg and Janumet 50/1000 (Sitagliptin and Metformin) twice but still, your blood sugar is not under control. Are you following dietary restrictions properly? Your weight is on the higher side. I suggest the dose of Metfor...  Read Full »

All the answers published in the forum are given by leading doctors, therapists and health experts.