Sitz Bath

Related Terms: Anal Fissure, High Fibre Diet, Constipation, Hemorrhoids, Avoid Constipation, Lactulose, Laxative

Can using too much salt in sitz bath be a causative factor for the rise in BP?
Query: Hello doctor, I have high blood pressure, and I used to take Telma 20 mg once daily for the last two years. Besides that, I am also following and taking only right diet for my high blood pressure. But, now for about seven to eight days my BP suddenly raised up to 150/100 mmHg, though I changed takin...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Is there an open wound, which is absorbing salt? Using salt in a sitz bath should not cause a rise in BP. In fact, it may be a response to the pain that you must be having. Even if it is causing high BP, then it would resolve after you discontinue sitz bath and it is ...  Read Full »

How to manage painful bleeding piles?
Query: Hi doctor,I am suffering from bleeding piles with pain. Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Deep Dutta
Endocrinologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need to take a sitz bath twice daily. I suggest you apply Faktu ointment (Cinchocaine and Policresulen) twice daily for anal pain. Also, I suggest Naturolax powder (Psyllium) four tablespoons twice daily in a glass of water to keep your stool soft. Consult your docto...  Read Full »

I have painful vaginal tear after sexual intercourse. Is it serious?
Query: Hello doctor, I had rough sex recently and it caused a tear in my vagina. When I use a mirror to examine myself I can see some of the cuts. It is near the entrance of my vaginal canal but not inside, positioned more towards my perineum. It has been healing for two days now and still really hurts. I...  Read Full »
Dr. Eeshani Dutta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Small superficial tears generally heal fast. Continue taking sitz bath with Betadine drops, Ibuprofen for pain but instead of Vaseline, apply some antiseptic ointment. Vaseline prevents raw ends to meet. Medical support is required, only if you develop pus, odor, discha...  Read Full »

What to do for bleeding piles?
Query: Hi doctor, I had my kidney transplant two months ago. Now, I am suffering from piles. Can you suggest me some medicine?  Read Full »
Dr. Abhishek Dixit
Nephrologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Are you a donor or a recipient? I suggest you apply Smuth cream (Lignocaine) for pain and take a sitz bath. Does it bleed? Consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent. Revert back with the answers to the above questions to a nephrolo...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest a permanent cure for piles.
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 30-year-old female suffering from piles. First, it was on and off but now since around a month or so whenever I pass stools it starts paining me and then the pain stays for half a day or so. Then, if I pass stools again the next day, the same thing continues. This is ...  Read Full »
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You will have to follow a few steps for a few weeks. Avoid nonvegetarian foods. Take plenty of vegetables and fresh fruits. Take sitz bath which means put three spoons of common salt in a small tub of water and sit in that tub morning and evening fo...  Read Full »

Is it safe to have anal sex?
Query: Hello doctor,There is slight bleeding after anal sex. I had a drop-by-drop bleeding the next morning after passing stool.  Read Full »
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have had mild trauma due to penetration in the anal sphincter which is causing bleeding. You will need to follow few steps: Sitz bath which means, putting three tablespoons of common salt in a small tub of lukewarm water and placing your butt in it ...  Read Full »

I am diagnosed with external anal fissure. Please let me know the remedy for this.
Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with an external anal fissure. Initially, I was prescribed Hydrocortisone cream and Lidocaine/ Nifedipine gel. This did give me some relief, but not completely healed the fissure. Later, I was prescribed the Ciplox-TZ tablet with the SN plus 15 along with Duphalac Fibr...  Read Full »
Dr. Datta Ram Udayagiri
Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have probably got a recurrence of anal fistula.Please do as follows: High-fiber diet and laxatives. This can help prevent future recurrence too. Sitz bath is very effective. Do it as many times as possible. I have no idea about cow ghee, but sitz bath works w...  Read Full »

My urethra and labia got suddenly sore and itchy with yellow-green discharge. Why?
Query: Hello doctor, My urethra and labia were suddenly sore and itchy. Now it has a yellow-green discharge from the urethra. What medication should I use?  Read Full »
Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It could be a pelvic infection, sexually transmitted infection with or without urine infection. Have urinalysis, urine culture, high vaginal swab, strict hygiene. Soft comfortable undergarments. Sitz bath to relieve irritation (sit in warm water recurrently). Drink plen...  Read Full »

Why am I having pain in coccyx area after cycling?
Query: Hello doctor, I have taken up cycling as a form of exercise but now find that I have bad pain in my coccyx area when trying to stand after sitting. As I work in an office and sit for long periods, this is causing me severe discomfort. This has now been going on for three weeks. Week one of cycling,...  Read Full »
Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Coccydynia is what you seem to be getting and not uncommon if the bicycle seats are not comfortable. Try adding a gel cover over the top of the seat. You may try sitz bath and a cutout seat for your office chair. Take Co-codamol for pain. For more information consul...  Read Full »

How can anal fissure be treated?
Query: Hello doctor,Six months ago, I faced anal fissure problem, which resolved through diet and medicine. One month ago due to constipation, bleeding started during the passing of stool. Now one inner hemorrhoid has protruded about 0.3 inches in size in the anal area. This creates pain for six hours afte...  Read Full »
Dr. Datta Ram Udayagiri
Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You must be having a recurrent anal fissure (fissure-in-ano). You need to see a surgeon so that you are not missing anything else.For fissures, the following remedies work wonders: Sitz bath thrice a day for 15 minutes each time. Sitz bath means you should sit in...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Sitz Bath? We have medical experts to help you right away.