Skin Biopsy

Related Terms: Melanoma, Mole, Biopsy, Eczema, Features Of Melanoma, Fusidic Acid, Mometasone

I have some eruptions on the skin of my pubic area. What could they be?
Query: Hello doctor, I am having these hard clusters of bumps show up in the pubic region. The bumps are not razor burn. They are not filled with fluid. They can be cut off, but I want to get to the source to remove them. They do not itch, nor do they hurt. Any help would be appreciated.  Read Full »
Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It could be molluscum contagiosum or folliculitis. A skin biopsy would help to diagnose. Do you have a history of unprotected sexual exposure? Do not touch or prick it. It can lead to a secondary infection. Revert with more information to a dermatologist online --...  Read Full »

I have hard lumps on my scalp that are red and white. What could they be?
Query: Hello doctor,I have these red and white hard lumps on my scalp. Some are not lumpy but, are just marks. Can you tell me what they are and how to get rid of them? I have dandruff as well.  Read Full »
Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It can be pityriasis sicca. The diagnosis can be confirmed with a trichoscopy and skin biopsy. Consider the application of Onabet B lotion (Beclomethasone and Sertaconazole) at bed time over the scalp for 14 days. Use a shampoo that contains 2 % Ketoconazole to wash th...  Read Full »

I have an infection on my penis that is not healing. What could it be?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 35 year old unmarried male. I have a patch on the inner part of the skin that covers the penis. I consulted a doctor. He asked me to take Cefix 200 twice daily, Atazis 1/2 morning and 1 in the evening for five days and MF Sudif ointment. He then asked me to continue these for ...  Read Full »
Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the image, it appears to be psoriasis (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You will need a physical examination as well as skin biopsy and dermoscopy for a confirmation. Please visit a dermatologist for the same. Please provide me the following infor...  Read Full »

Can you suggest some home remedies for face tan?
Query: Hello doctor, I have been experiencing a very bad tan on my sun affecting regions over my body. I have been experiencing this since I got my chickenpox before six years. My skin has started to get darker every day since then. I have consulted a dermatologist and he suggested me to apply ointments li...  Read Full »
Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query in detail and do understand your concern. Your symptoms could be due to lichen planus pigmentosus (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Skin biopsy may be done to confirm the diagnosis. Colchicine may give some results in LPP. You shou...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest the right action for my skin disease.
Query: Hello doctor, I had red, scaly patches all over my body. I consulted a doctor and he said it as Pityriasis rosea. I took treatment for a month, but I guess they are enlarged. Now, I have completely stopped medicines. I took Averzine 25, L-Cet 5 mg, applied Propynate, Clobivax and Galderma. Another d...  Read Full »
Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your investigation reports and they are normal (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I have seen your images and it is psoriasis only. Yes, a skin biopsy should be done to have documentation for the future. It is a very small procedure...  Read Full »

I have a scaly patch on my scalp which does not go away. Please advise.
Query: Hello doctor, I have been suffering from a chronic 3 cm patch on my scalp, which has scales in it. If I remove these scales, gum-like liquid forms in that area and it dries to form the scales again. It reduces if I tonsure my hair and increases with hair growth. I do not have similar patches anywher...  Read Full »
Dr. Asiya Hafeez

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is a partially treated lesion. From your description, your scaly scalp could be seborrhea or psoriatic plaque. An autoimmune disorder has probably caused it. Investigations to be done: Fasting lipid. Hepatitis B and C serology. Skin biopsy. Scraping for fungus. I su...  Read Full »

Is a pink mole normal?
Query: Hi doctor, I have a question regarding a mole. I just had my hair cut and noticed a mole on the back of my neck near my scalp. I might have had it for a while and did not know about it. Most of my moles are brown and auburn. But, this one is pink. I am wondering whether this is normal. My concern is...  Read Full »
Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it does not look cancerous. Yes, it has a skin tag type appearance. But, I can give you a confirmatory answer that it is not melanoma because only skin biopsy is the tool which can give you a definit...  Read Full »

What are those dark lesions I have on my thigh?
Query: Hi doctor, I have had first larger and dark lesion that is bump behind my left knee, since I do not know when, but it certainly not since birth. I noticed it before two to three year and from that time the lesion is the same and has no pain. Now, there is this another small lesion have appeared on t...  Read Full »
Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The darker one is the lesion of lichen sclerosus chronicus. For this, you may apply Tenovate GN cream (combination of Clobetasol Propionate and Neomycin sulfate) over it twice daily for two weeks. The skin colored lesion may be an acquired nevus. A skin biopsy is require...  Read Full »

Why is there a bulging dark brown mole under my breast?
Query: Hi doctor, Three months ago, I saw a dark brown mole under my right breast. The mole does not produce any symptoms. The mole when touched is noticeable bulging, is not smooth as other moles that I have. What can it be?  Read Full »
Dr. Yeshwanth Kumar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It could be a normal melanocytic nevus. If there is a sudden increase in shape and size with irregular border, an increase in color or rapidly evolving, then you can go for a non-invasive technique like dermoscopy and invasive technique like skin biopsy to confirm wheth...  Read Full »

How does a melanoma mole look like?
Query: Hello doctor, I have this mole on my back. I think it has been there for a while. My GP took one look at it and declared completely benign. I was wondering what sort of mole it is? Is it worrying? I used sunbeds frequently for about a year when I was younger. Never since.  Read Full »
Dr. Yeshwanth Kumar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Most likely it is a benign melanocytic nevus (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The worrying signs are a sudden change in colour, a sudden increase in size and shape. If you want to confirm whether it is benign or not, you can go for dermoscopy (noninvasi...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Skin Biopsy? We have medical experts to help you right away.